Suspended from work!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

New to the site so please be gentle! Lol

I have been suspended from work pending an investigation however parties involved in this process I feel are biased and partial to the explanation and subsequently are a source in my reasoning for my evidence I will give at meeting next!!!

My question is can I ask at the start of the meeting for the said individual to be removed from the meeting as I beleive them to have coheres in obtaining the information relating to the offence (if any) from let's say someone she is "over friendly" with and is the only source of complaint against me???

Not sure if I can give too much detail as process is in force now in the form of being called to evidential meeting next week!!!!!!

Please help job is important to my family and me

A worried and stressed

Phil

Hi all

New to the site so please be gentle! Lol

I have been suspended from work pending an investigation however parties involved in this process I feel are biased and partial to the explanation and subsequently are a source in my reasoning for my evidence I will give at meeting next!!!

My question is can I ask at the start of the meeting for the said individual to be removed from the meeting as I beleive them to have coheres in obtaining the information relating to the offence (if any) from let's say someone she is "over friendly" with and is the only source of complaint against me???

Not sure if I can give too much detail as process is in force now in the form of being called to evidential meeting next week!!!!!!

Please help job is important to my family and me

A worried and stressed

Phil

Ahead of the meeting, not at the start of any meeting should you object at someone being present. State the reason for objection, as being that you are concerned about confidentially and impartiality of the procedure with that person being present.

Take someone to the meeting to be your witness. Take your time to answer any questions. If they present any information you need to think about, ask for a break in the meeting to consider the information. This is so any answers you provide are not rushed and there cannot be any misunderstanding.

Generally these meetings are to gather information and to enable further stages. If there is any missing information, you feel is relevant, but needs to be obtained, state what information you believe is needed and insist on the meeting being adjourned so this information can be obtained.

Don't make any accusations about colleagues you cannot back up with evidence. If there are issues with colleagues, ask questions about issues and suggest that it is relevant to be looked into. To ensure fairness.

If you don't understand the disciplinary process, do ask for it to be explained at the start of any meeting and request a copy of the companies staff manual covering it, if this has not been provided. Sometimes department managers runnng the process don't always understand it themselves. If there is any doubt, ask for an HR manager to be involved.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i understand the process that it is only an evidential meeting but the points are as follows

I have carried out works for this particular client for some time and as far as I was concerned there was no issues with my work.

however a complaint has been received regarding EVERY job I have done for them dating back to april????

why was it not registered then?

I have now been placed on suspension by the office manager pending investigation.

I have now been called in for investigation meeting but have serious concerns as follows

I had a falling out over a work issue with the line manager some 4 weeks ago.

I work on average a 70hour week and have done for over the 2 year period I have been there but since the argument (loosely used) my hours have drastically reduced to barely a 40 hour week.

it has been commented on numerous other occasions by other member's of staff that the relationship between the line manager and the main complainant is very flirtasious bordering on unprofessional and all of a sudden I receive numerous complaints from this one client????

it has been admitted by the line manager that they do not like me dictating what I can and cant do when all I stated was the work load was to extensive for that one day.

the complainenet has also insighted that I have offered my services privately to which I have never done and if I was to offer my services to anyone why would I do it to the one client that I know has a special relationship with the office manager!!!!!!!!

my employer and this office manager are chairing the investigation meeting and feel that this is wholly biased and partial

what to do

70 hours a week??

You will end up in an early grave, do you have any family life??

Not being picky but that is unacceptable demands put on you by the employer.

What line of business is your employment??.

Most people will get the flags out if they could secure 40 hours pay a week

70 hours a week??

You will end up in an early grave, do you have any family life??

Not being picky but that is unacceptable demands put on you by the employer.

What line of business is your employment??.

Most people will get the flags out if they could secure 40 hours pay a week

I'm a breakdown engineer and cover Glasgow to Kent and I'm situated in Birmingham I know the hours are excessive and I choose to do them but it is the nature of the job but it isn't the hours that are the issue its the way this has been carried out with total bias and constructed in a manner that the complaints have been born from one source who has a close relationship with the manager!!

Don't know how to proceed

I'm a breakdown engineer and cover Glasgow to Kent and I'm situated in Birmingham I know the hours are excessive and I choose to do them but it is the nature of the job but it isn't the hours that are the issue its the way this has been carried out with total bias and constructed in a manner that the complaints have been born from one source who has a close relationship with the manager!!

Don't know how to proceed

If there have been problems for months, where is the evidence of any complaints about quality of work and you being given feedback by your manager. If you have not been given feedback about specific issues, then you would not have had the opportunity to address them. It is unfair many months later to be taken down a disciplinary process, when there has not been any previous negative feedback about performance.

Think your employer would struggle if this ended up at an employment tribunal if they could not evidence you being subject to performance management.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thank you for your response and to be honest everyone I have spoken to including ACAS have said the same thing I think I need to face the fact that they want me out but to be dismissed will cause irreprible damage to me gaining further works in this trade.

but im going to stay and fight to clear my name

I am also raising an official greivence regarding the works manager after my evidence interview tomorrow.

I am aslo asking for the manager to be removed from the investigation process at the start of the meeting

once again thank you and hopefully will have news after meeting tomorrow