Ukcps ticket at west quay retail park hull for leaving site

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi on 22.08.15 I got a ticket on my window for leaving site on a 1 hr free parking site I thought I read the signs correct but when I read it again in the small print it does say that leaving site will incure a penalty any way I did leave site as my son was having a wobble and walk out of car park and I went after him and come back onto site in another entrance.i have stupidly appealed the ticket already what's next I feel I shouldn't have to pay this

You probably won't have to pay this. Please wait for the forum guys to turn up and they'll tell you what to do.

In the meantime, here's a link to the forum stikky with the abbreviations they're likely to use.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-please-read

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Your only mistake was to appeal this too soon. Never mind as they will reject you anyway. As UKPCS are members of the IAS, you can appeal to the IPC but just by reading the Parking Pranksters blog, they don't work in the motorists favour. This still doesn't matter as the ONLY way they can get you to pay is by taking you to court. This they are reluctant to do.

You have an absolute defence as your son was your priority and you did return. If you have receipts from your time there, keep them safe.

Are you able to go back and photograph the signs?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi thanks for replying I can go back and take pictures of signs I have a receipt but the time shows I have overstayed my parking time by 1 min I left site through a cut through and came back into site through another entrance after sorting my son out although I did not state this in my appeal I just played dumb.i did see the parking attendant when we parked he was in non uniform and operating from his own car. Can I no longer appeal to popler

UKPCS are not members of the BPA and therefore no longer using POPLA for the appeals. The problem with the IPC (from what I understand) is that Gladstones solicitors appoint lawyers to the appeal board and those lawyers are anonymous. They force the motorist to prove that the parking company are in the wrong but this is usually without having any proof. It is in your interest to appeal as this costs money (not yours).

Let's see what comes back from UKPCS first. You never know, they might just see the light.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

99.999999% unlikely. UKCPS are the most idiotic of all the PPC's. They never do anything right and a judge would see right through them if they tried to go to court.

You won't have to pay a single penny.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Chances of going to court when they know that there is case law that says they are in the wrong? Only slightly less than zero but if they reject your appeal then you can have a stab at the IAS and cost them a few quid. Use the same argument and if that is rejected then it would be interesting to see upon what grounds. The paper trail created and your quoting of that case will put them in a position where they would potentially be punished for vex so as I say, it would be very unlikely.

You are. No need to worry about that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 4 weeks later...
Ok guys I've finally got a reply to my appeal and surprise they gave rejected it.only took them 30 days to consider. What next

Post up the appeal you sent and the response received please.

Suitably redacted of course.

was it a considered response or the usual moronic we issued the ticket correctly answer? If all tickets were issued correctly then no-one would ever win an appeal but in truth with POPLA nearly all properly constructed appeals were successful. Different story with the IAS but they usually shoot themselves in the foot with the utter gibberish they come out with to justify their refusal.

They say the issued the ticket correctly and I have 3 choices1 pay the fine at a reduce rate 2 appeal to IAS and loose my chance to pay reduce rate 3 don't pay and have money collected by debt company or they mate take case to court. What to do next

Ok, the response was the usual moronic response. I would suggest an appeal to the IAS as this costs them money and also the IAS are so rubbish at considering things properly they actually damage the claim of the parking co in most cases so they cant them actually take you to court without looking particularly stupid.

Your appeal should be on the grounds that there was no breach of contract as there is no such stand alone clause in the offered contract that states that leaving the site is a breach and in any case it has been decided by the courts that being observed leaving the site does not constitute a brach of contract. Case law is Ibbotson v VCS.

Leave it at that

Dont forget, the IAS turn the law on its head by claiming they are entitled to make assumptions they are not entitled to make and ignore primary legislation like the Road Traffic Act so dont be surpried when you get a pretty strange reason for dismissing your appeal. This, however, commony damages the parking co's claims so isnt always a bad thing.

Or not, if UKCPS havent supplied you with the correct info then they have 35 days after you appealed to them to do so> I dont see any leeway due to them not giving the correct details to you or the IAS. Leave it a bit and then tell them that they are timed out to supply correct appeal info and therfore no keeper liability remains under PoFA.