halifax and barclay card default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I took out a halifax card 30 years ago, i was unable to keep up the payments as i am now out of work they came to an arrangement with me where they have frozen the interest and I pay 5 pound a month. I have looked on my Noodle account and see that i am in default. The balance on that account is 12k. The debt is now with robinson way.

I have also been unable to pay my Barclaycard for 4 months ( balance 5k) , they rang me yesterday , i went through my spenditures with them and they advised me that i am in no position to pay anything off it as i have more going out than coming in.. ( Even though i said i would pay a pound off a month) They are holding the interest and i have to contact them in 30 days.? They also said to contact halifax and explain that i can't afford to pay the 5 pounds? I am new to this forum so please bear with me, but i am a little nervous to why they are being so nice. Would someone guide me and set out the does and donts of this arrangement

Thanks in advance

Edited by heleb82

Any PPI?

Never missed payments in 30yrs?

Blimey

And you've still got a many £1000's balance?

I bet you've paid these cards off many times over by the amount in total interest charged..

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...