• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

statement from cap1 showss PPI?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently got an annual PPI staement from Capital One to show me all aobut the PPI I have been paying since 2000 ? ANNUAL !! I've never seen one of these before ?

i rang them and told them that I didnt know I had PPI.

The guy on the phone cancelled the PPI for me and then sent me a complaint form.

I filled this in to the best of my knowledge (bearing in mind that this was 15 years ago)

and the reply I got from them was long and quite rude to be honest.

The guy in charge of PPI claims said this was a non advised sale

and said that Capital One would not offer any repayment of PPI.

He also sent a bad copy of the origianl agreement.

I am left handed with scrawly writing.

There are TICKS on a few boxes on the form which I did to indicate that I was a MR etc.

But the TICKS on the PPI request section are clearly the result of someone

trying to copy a left handed TICK.

The guy who wrote the letter went to some detail to say that Capital One NEVER pre populate a form.

And I believe him.

This form was populated AFTER I sent it to them?

I wrote to them 7 days ago to request a Hi Resolution colour photocopy or photograph of the (bad photocopy original)form they sent me in the reply.

far no reply but I will call them on Monday to ask if my letter has been received.

If not then I will send it again but this time it will be recordred and signed for.

To be honest the Hi Res image is not really required as the Ticks on the form

have obviously been done by another hand.

Possibly a right handed person trying to copy my scruffy lefty ticks :) I

just want the Hi Res Colour copy to see if they have bothered to use the same colour ink?

From previous comments I have read about Cap One I think I may be in for a bit of a battle.

But hey!! They owe me around £5k ?

Regards

Perry

trouble is the bottom line is they are correct

for that time they were not covered by any rules

so it wont sadly matter

yes we know they ticked the boxes

and that member of staff got the commission

but prove it

you cant

sar would be better

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What exactly are you hoping to obtain through a SAR given that they have already sent you the CCA. There will be no Hi-res photo or colour photocopy because there is nothing to photograph or photocopy. They will have sent you a printout of the document that is on their computers and that is basically it. You can't honestly think someone is sat in an office somewhere surrounded by millions of hard copy credit card CCAs dating back 15 years? Even if they are, what state do you think a piece of paper will be in after all that time?

Curious as to what a left handed tick looks like, even more curious to know what a fraudulent left handed tick looks like. In any event it does not look too promising. Credit card PPI shows up on a separate line on each statement. Leaving aside the 'tickgate' issue, you would also need a decent explanation why you didn't check a single statement since the date of the CCA and cancel a product that could be cancelled at any time......

What exactly are you hoping to obtain through a SAR given that they have already sent you the CCA. There will be no Hi-res photo or colour photocopy because there is nothing to photograph or photocopy. They will have sent you a printout of the document that is on their computers and that is basically it. You can't honestly think someone is sat in an office somewhere surrounded by millions of hard copy credit card CCAs dating back 15 years? Even if they are, what state do you think a piece of paper will be in after all that time?

Curious as to what a left handed tick looks like, even more curious to know what a fraudulent left handed tick looks like. In any event it does not look too promising. Credit card PPI shows up on a separate line on each statement. Leaving aside the 'tickgate' issue, you would also need a decent explanation why you didn't check a single statement since the date of the CCA and cancel a product that could be cancelled at any time......

I am assuming that the poor photocopy of my original agreement which is in black and white

was done from the origianl paper copy of the agreement.

My reason for asking for a hi res colour copy was to see of the ink was a different colour in the PPI check boxes.

FYI A left handed tick goes from right to left.

Desite the "tickgate" issue why would i not check a statement??

Because I trusted the multi million £ corp to act in my best interest as a valued customer?

When i get my statements all I look at is the bottom line so I know what I have to pay back.

Small amounts for ppi just slipped into the statement dont even register when you have a lot of purchases eh ?

I am just trying to get back money that I have been cheated out of

as it is obvious that the ticks in the PPI boxes on the form they sent me were not written by me.

Why should I NEED to be checking to make sure that a £30 debit on my busy card was for PPI ?

I didnt ask for PPI but they ticked the boxes after I submitted the form.

I cant provide an image of the form as this is already in dispute with them

. I dont need to do an SAR. I was just investigating what it was

. With regard to your comment about the difference between my left handed Tick and a Fraudulent left handed tick !

Imagine that you had a pair of Nike running shoes.

But the Nike Tick was just a right angled tick with a sharp corner which started and stopped

with straight edges at the start and end of the tick instead of the start and stop of the ticks being tapered.

My "decent explanation" is that I never expected a well known provider to rip me off like this

. I'm sorry if my situation has annoyed you wolverines.

You seem to be somewhat annoyed by me posting for some reason.?

Edited by MGBV8
Typo

pers I'd have ignore the 1st post

from someone that came straight to this thread

not going anywhere else before or after to make snide comments.

prob a worker in avoiding PPI reclaims.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX

That reply from the Wolverine took me by surprise I must say !

I can see from the info I have found on here that I may be on a hiding to nothing.

But when the copy they sent me clearly shows items have been ticked that are not in my handwriting

I do have to ask the question eh?

I have NEVER asked any creditors for PPI.

Maybe wolverine does work as you suggested.

Or maybe he is someone who has the time to scan every bit of paper he gets from credit card comapnies.

Personally I am a busy man and I earn a good amount each year.

I have many financial transactions going on so £30 a month on a statement does not register anything out of the ordinary.

Yes I know I sohuld be more vigilant but I trust big financial organisations NOT to rip me off.

Maybe Wolverine can magically find the other 14 Annual PPI statements that I NEVER got from Capital One ;)

I am owed money so I will keep on trying to get it back.

I have sent two letters to them now with no reply.

I have just sent a registered and signed for letter to see if they reply to that. ?

• 1 month later...

I finally got a written reply from Cap 1 to say they will investigate my complaint and that it will take uop to 8 weekd for a reply.

This was from Mr Edgar who sent the intitial reply to my complaint.

I didnt actually send a complaint.

I sent a request for a colour copy of the original form.

Depsite Mr Edgars reply to one of the 4 letters I sent (I'm not sure if it was the first three or the fourth letter which was sent 1st class,

recorded and signed for) his reply indicstes that he has not actually read the letter.

I had previously spoken to an adviser at Cap1 who went to speak to the guy in charge of form copies

and he told me that there is NO original copy of my original application form as when the forms are received and approved

they scan the original into a computer and then destroy the original ?

I'm now writing to the FO direct.

I know the people on this thread do not like what Wolverines said, they do have a point when it comes to getting a better copy of the card application.

The original document is almost certainly long gone. What is left is usually a digital version of the document which has been scanned. Sometimes it has been scanned having been photocopied, printed, scanned... all sorts. The quality does suffer.

Or it might come from a microfiche - basically your application was reduced to about a 25th of its original size and saved as a negative. When these are "blown up" to full size the quality suffers.

I know the people on this thread do not like what Wolverines said, they do have a point when it comes to getting a better copy of the card application.

The original document is almost certainly long gone. What is left is usually a digital version of the document which has been scanned. Sometimes it has been scanned having been photocopied, printed, scanned... all sorts. The quality does suffer.

Or it might come from a microfiche - basically your application was reduced to about a 25th of its original size and saved as a negative. When these are "blown up" to full size the quality suffers.

I can see wolverines point. But I didnt like the snotty way he made his comments to me. I'm not an idiot. But I do admit to only looking at statements with a brief glance to make sure thete are no HUGE numbers that I dont recognise. So any ppi amounts pale into insignificance against a host of other transactions of much larger amounts eh ? And why should I be scanning for PPI payments when I didnt ask for them.? I would post a copy of the form on here but it may harm my case when I present it to the FO if I make it public !

Cheers