style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a fan of TV comedies from 70's, 80's and 90's. Programmes such as Are you being served, Only fools and horses, Allo Allo, Yes Prime Minister, Benny Hill.

When you watch them now, you realise that some of the content would be considered too risky to be shown before 9pm now to a family audience. As the world has become more PC, some of the jokes would be considered racist or sexist or too adult for a family audience. Meanwhile people can watch some really offensive stuff 24 hours a day on the internet.

The same applies to art work in galleries and museums, where there have been paintings and sculptues of nude people, roman orgies etc for hundreds of years. If these are shown now, the galleries and museums receive complaints from the PC brigade.

Has the world gone mad, where a minority of people who are so politically correct, control what art is available to the majority of people ? Art of all types are partly meant to provoke a reaction, so there is a discussion. There is so much inconsistency in regard to censorship, that some people feel they can complain about anything. Some even complain about seaside gift shops selling the slightly saucy postcards.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I agree, it will be a no no to show an ankle again soon. I think a lot of the PC rubbish is so they can get one up on you.

Not so many years ago, the way to stop a conversation either live or in the media, was to throw in the word green or children. Everyone was afraid to go against either of those two.

Now it seems the in word is 'racist'.

But there is nothing said when these stupid 'Gay Pride' parades (something I have never seen the point of), take place and they have their ass hanging out of leathers that have a big hole cut in the real.

I think complaints about nudity rather predate what would be called "PC". There was that Mary Whitehouse woman, after all.

Still, TV shows are very wary of showing naked bodies these days. Think of the dismal failure of that little-known fantasy series Game of Thrones.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.