Vodafone won't let me leave! / Ref #11196366**Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This whole nightmare started when I upgraded to a sim only contract but they got it wrong (third time) so I phoned to cancel the upgrade. When they cancelled the upgrade they also cancelled my contract which they are calling a glitch. I now have had no service for 2 days and just want to leave. The problem is as they have cancelled my number so a pac code cannot be generated. It gets worse though because when I asked to just cancel my contract they told me the early termination fee would be £540! This is because the cancelled upgrade will only be processed when my service is reconnected. I had less than two months left on my original £38 a month contract. They are giving me a refund of line rental for the days I don't have service and £10 for the inconvenience (how generous!)

Originally they said it would take 24-48hrs to get reconnected and now they're saying 48-72hrs. I feel trapped and don't know what to do in this situation. They've also deleted my account so I can't see bills or anything and as my number is cancelled I can't even phone them as you need to enter your number when you call. I've ordered a giffgaff sim in the mean time but I'm so angry at how they've treated me and others. I kept asking to be let out of my contract without penalty but they just ignored me :-x

Edited by tyallm

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**

Follow the instructions in the link above and one of the CAG Vodafone reps will look in on you to see if they can help.

You will receive a reference code which you should post in this thread in order for the Rep to be able to help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Unless you want to keep the number, why don't you just get a new account with a different network?

Let Voda stew for their money.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I do want to keep my number but it's got to the stage now where I don't mind losing it so I can leave this terrible company. I should have a giffgaff sim tomorrow so I'm going to start using that anyway because I think I'm done with contracts!

It needs to be resolved, Vodafone are very quick to mess up credit histories.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm very worried because I spoke to someone on their facebook page who has the same issue and they've had no service for nine days and they still haven't been reconnected!

If they don't reconnect me I don't know what I'm supposed to do as vodafone just tell you don't worry it will be sorted but they just lie to get rid of you.

Just talked to them again today and they just said it will be reconnected by the end of the day. They just say the same thing every time but thankfully because all the conversations are online I have a transcript of each one which shows how appalling their customer service is. I'm now on my fourth day without service but thankfully my giffgaff sim has arrived.

My services have now been restored. I wouldn't exactly call it a success as I'm still not on my old contract but it's progress at least. Still a lot more for them to sort out!

I spoke too soon! The same day they reconnected me they then a few hours later disconnected me again. I have spoke to someone on the phone today who told me I was disconnected due to an overdue balance which makes no sense as I paid my last bill on the 20th and my next bill isn't due until the 10th of September. I've been with vodafone for over six years and i've always paid my bill on time via direct debit. They've told me once again it will take 24-48hrs to reconnect me.

I did say this is likely just to happen again so then what do I do and I was promised that it will definitely not happen again but a promise from vodafone means nothing. They also said the issue would be escalated.

I've also contacted the ombudsman and I know you are meant to wait 8 weeks but I explained in my complaint why I contacted them so early, clearly this is never going to be resolved due to their systems not doing what they're supposed to. Also I'm still on the sim only upgrade price plan as they cannot seem to cancel it and return me to my original contract. As this is still ongoing I will then lose my right to cancel my upgrade within 14 days which is what is concerning me now and is the main reason I've contacted the ombudsman.

I spoke too soon! The same day they reconnected me they then a few hours later disconnected me again. I have spoke to someone on the phone today who told me I was disconnected due to an overdue balance which makes no sense as I paid my last bill on the 20th and my next bill isn't due until the 10th of September. I've been with vodafone for over six years and i've always paid my bill on time via direct debit. They've told me once again it will take 24-48hrs to reconnect me.

I did say this is likely just to happen again so then what do I do and I was promised that it will definitely not happen again but a promise from vodafone means nothing. They also said the issue would be escalated.

I've also contacted the ombudsman and I know you are meant to wait 8 weeks but I explained in my complaint why I contacted them so early, clearly this is never going to be resolved due to their systems not doing what they're supposed to. Also I'm still on the sim only upgrade price plan as they cannot seem to cancel it and return me to my original contract. As this is still ongoing I will then lose my right to cancel my upgrade within 14 days which is what is concerning me now and is the main reason I've contacted the ombudsman.

See entry above about how to contact Lee from Voda.

Would a way forward be to get Voda to change your current SIM to a PAYG SIM (+/- a courtesy credit on it!) while they sort out the "contract" billing mess?

At least that way you aren't likely to again be disconnected, and should be able to port the number without be told "there is a disconnection fee"!

I've already sent an email to lee but got no reply. I'm also speaking with vodafone on facebook and twitter but it isn't helping.

I have a giffgaff sim I'm using at the moment and considering i've been put off contracts for life I'll probably stay with them. I doubt vodafone would even let me move to pay as you go as when ever I suggest alternatives like that they just continuously state I'm in contract. They talk like scripted robots and just aren't reasonable in any way.

They talk like scripted robots and just aren't reasonable in any way.

Which is the very reason you don't talk to them over the phone, they read off a script.

Keep everything in email or writing, TBH I left this outfit owing an outstanding balance, and each time I corresponded

with them they increased the debt, I left them to chase their own tales years ago when the money they claimed I owed

reached three figures, I would never use this outfit again, unfortunately I have a 'work' mobile which is on Voda PAYG,

and even now they ring claiming I can save money by entering into a contract, I just let them read their script, laugh and hang up.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I always talk to them online via the live chat where I can have the conversation sent to my email afterwards but sometimes they phone me so I can be connected to a specific department.

I'll try and go through the correct processes because I don't want a default but I don't see me getting any proper resolution to this.

TBH, you need to get rid of them.

They're not worth the hassle, forget them, move on and go with another provider who has a modicum of customer service.

Voda most certainly do not, unless they offered me a free 12 month contract with free calls, then I'd be telling them to jog on,

handing the phone into one of their shops, or posting it their CEO with a covering note telling him just how

lousy his company is.

I've been reconnected again but I'm still at work using my giffgaff sim. I'll wait until I speak to Lee tomorrow before I do anything myself. Don't want to attempt cancelling my upgrade again!

I'll give you all an update tomorrow.

Just spoke to Lee and he tried to get me a pac code but he said he just got an error message so It couldn't be done. I asked about cancelling my upgrade but he said to leave that for now even though my 14 days is running out. I think he's going to get back to me when and if he can get me a pac code.

I know he's trying but this is really bad :|

No contact from Lee today but I have got my pac code via live chat. I still don't want to use it as I'll have to pay double to leave than I would if I was to cancel my upgrade. I'll wait and hope that Lee gets in touch again.

Heard back from the ombudsman who said they can't do anything until 8 weeks since the complaint or I receive a deadlock letter. I suggested a compromise to vodafone that if they altered my price plan slightly I could live with the plan and then leave after a year but they can only alter the plan during an upgrade apparently.

I've sent a letter to vodafone and I haven't heard from Lee today.

I'm already with giffgaff and I'm happy enough with them, when you keep things simple like they do you don't have these kind of issues! My number is still being held hostage by vodafone though in those 8 weeks as if I use my pac code I'll have to pay the full amount of this 12 month contract they've put me on. It's even more annoying because I remember them asking me if I wanted to be put on the price plan they've put me on and I said no but they still did it.

I don't actually trust them to port my number correctly to giffgaff so I think I'll just give up on getting that back.

This company is a disgrace.

Agree, some you win some you lose, pointless banging your head against a brick wall.

Leave em be, let em rot.