PPI from defaulted lloyds loan and overdraft 2001 ish ?

rupert9bear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a long shot but wonder if anyone could advise

I had a £7,000 loan from lloyds with PPI .. if i remember rightly it was around 2000 . i fell in money problems - basically living off credit cards , fell behind with loan repayments and ended up around £1000 overdrawn which got bigger and bigger with the constant charges , and fees for letters to tell you , your were overdrawn

after burying my head in the sand for ages i finally set up a debt management plan with CCCS to pay off the lloyds loan, overdraft , MBNA, egg and barclays. Lloyds refused to accept if for about 9 months (the CCCS advisor told me this would happen, even told me which depts would write to me and what colour the letters would be !! )

so for 9 months masses of charges were added to my account , every month they would debit for the loan repayment, PPI and missed payment charges etc , then finally they accepted the DMP - by now with around an extra £1000 + added to my overdraft !!

i slowly paid off everything with my DMP and slowly just had LLoyds left to pay ( i upped payments and as one creditor was paid off , assigned the rest to lloyds. ) This took about 5 years to pay off and i came into a bit of money and asked lloyds for a settlement figure which was around £3600 - as i had kept up my DMP, upped payments etc they rounded it off to a final payment of £3000 , which i paid.

would it be worth doing a SAR to try and claim back the charges, and PPI - i would understand if they no longer had any record of me - but if they did have details of my current account and loan account would they refuse to pay anything as both accounts were defaulted and came under a DMP ?

PS : for the record if anyone is interested Barclays accepted the DMP straight away and so did EGG - MBNA argued for about 3 months but then accepted it , LLOYDS took about 9 months+ before they finally accepted it and stopped all interest and charges

There is no harm in making an attempt to reclaim the charges and PPI. Send Subject Access request to the original lenders. You will need to include £10.00 with each request (assuming they are with different banks). If with the same bank then just 1 x statutory fee for each bank.

They have 40 calendar days to respond - once you have your statements and other data, complete a spread sheet and the complaint form from the FOS website and send to the Lenders.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You will need to submit separate claims for PPI and Charges.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D