Lowell debt collecting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I recently stopped paying credit expert their monthly fee, as I felt it was becoming unnecessary, and within a couple of days I received a letter from Lowell, asking for a debt that had been disputed from quite a few years ago. All my credit was fine until this happened.

I emailed Lowell, to dispute and remove the bad rating and in return I got this...

"We note all your comments and have investigated the matter. We consider that there is sufficient evidence to confirm your liability for this debt and that the balance outstanding is due and owing. However, with a view to resolving this matter quickly and simply, we have decided to take no further action to recover this balance and will close your account.

We are not prepared to remove any default registered with the credit reference agencies in respect of this account as we consider that this data remains correct and accurate. This information will remain on your credit file for a period of 6 years from the date of default.

For the avoidance of any doubt, please note that, whilst Lowell will always endeavour to comply with all relevant regulatory requirements, we do not acknowledge or accept any of the terms, conditions, fee schedules and timeframes that you have set out in your correspondence. Any claims against Lowell based on these unilateral terms and conditions will be defended.

I trust this now concludes the matter. Should we receive any similar correspondence from you regarding this account, we will not be providing a response. If, however, you do have any specific questions regarding the content of this letter, please don’t hesitate to contact us."

the obvious issue is that they are willing to dismiss the disputed debt but not the default rating (?!). Added to which my rating will be marked down for the next six years because they say so? Is there a bluff in there?

My plea for advice here is what is my next move? Threaten more legal action? If so, in what form?

Thanks in advance

Frustrated

tell us about the debt please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Best advice is to only go back to Lowell when you have an angle of attack.

Send an SAR to the original creditors asking for all data and documents held by them. You could specifically ask for a copy of any default notice issued and data regarding its issue.

Then see what comes back. Lowell can apply the default if the default information is correct. They own the debt and have the same rights as the original creditor. It will only get removed, if you find an error with the original defaulting of the account.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thats a standard template response from Lowell... They use it for FOTLM / GOODF templates mainly but have seen it for others but very rarely.

SAR them and get as much info as possible.

Did you send them a letter from the FOTLM stuff as they wouldnt just send that out to you without reason.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thats a standard template response from Lowell... They use it for FOTLM / GOODF templates mainly but have seen it for others but very rarely.

SAR them and get as much info as possible.

Did you send them a letter from the FOTLM stuff as they wouldnt just send that out to you without reason.

Hi

what does FOTLM stand for please

Hi

what does FOTLM stand for please

Think they mean Freeman of the land movement. People who think their names are legal fictions, they have allsorts of rights. A bit inconsistent as they don't state any different rules that apply to them, when they apply for credit.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You say your credit history was fine up until you cancelled the payment to Credit Expert... if there were defaults then I don't see how that could be. When was the original default placed and How long does it have left from the 6 years ? If it had already gone past the 6 years, they cant simply reinstate it ?

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D