BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• So there's no tax payable anyway.... nothing to see here!  
    • are you actually going to benefit out of this at all?   I was slightly getting confused here earlier, and forgot you said you are the claimant because you are suing the defendant for the cost of a hire car that you personally haven't had to pay for ?    
    • I received PCN's from TFL and Southwark. 08/06/19 I spoke with Southwark regarding PCN's and thought it was sorted.   Didn't hear anything back until 17/01/20 when my car was taken by Marston EA. TFL & Marston say they sent letters but have no proof.   I emailed TFL (19th June) through their online portal and again, via email on (14th Nov 2019) < the email on 14th has been viewed 17 times but no reply. (so I have proof of contact, they don't) I asked them if they send via recoded delivery/signed for but they do not.   When my car was taken, I received a call from a friend saying it's on the back of a truck, outside his house (which is round the block from mine). I ran round there and the EA was aggressive, shouted at me and refused to show ID/why he had taken my car.   I complained to Marston who denied it but sent me some of the footage. I complained again through resolver.co.uk and Marston lied again. Then I sent ALL my info and evidence etc.   took a few weeks and called me saying sorry and taking full responsibly for their EA's aggressive behaviour etc. TFL are still refusing to comment.   Marston offered me £250 as a goodwill payment but obviously the pain and trauma causes - that doesn't cover it. The police were called when they took my car cause I was so distressed and having a panic attack etc.   I've requested the phone call recording where they accepted guilt and that they had handled everything badly, including lying about the video on Resovler. I feel like Marston know they've done wrong, but TFL still aren't in the know. (to my knowledge)   Also, I requested info from TFL via whatdotheyknow.com and TFL did a data protection breach by uploading my full details including address etc. to a public forum (and I didn't even ask anything specific about my case) so I feel like they did this out of spite/anger.   the www.whatdotheyknow.com team reprimanded them for this and advised me to complain. I also paid £800+ to retrieve my vehicle and I have completed the OOT which was denied. I tried to take it to court but when I tried to do the 'low income' thing but they wanted bank statements which I couldn't get... then corona happened.   I've downloaded/uploaded the ZIP file from Resolver convos.   Regarding the footage: my initial message to them, I made myself seem unaware and 'stupid'   they wrote a generic reply telling me that 'the footage is fine and the EA did nothing wrong' they can't uphold my complaint,   then once they sent that; I sent them the CIVEA rulebook and timestamps in the video to show that they were in the wrong and had further lied in their official response (which must be illegal)   when they received the in-depth response, I think they got scared, went away for a couple weeks   tried to get the nice sounding woman to call me up, say sorry and be really nice then offer me a measly £250.   She also tried to rush me into agreeing.   
    • No it was about under by a couple grand.    Cheers
  • Our picks

Arty dinmore

Corporate Services/DR+ - unpaid parking ticket

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1471 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi can you help me?

Sometime ago I parked briefly in a pay and display car park owned by corporate services

I didn't have the correct amount of change on me so I popped into a shop to get some.

By the time I returned I had received a ticket.

I ignored the letter they sent me & I have now received a demand for payment from a debt collecting agency for £160.00.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.

Yes, ignore DR+ completely as they have no authority to do anything whatsoever.

That is why they are demanding £160 instead of the original amount,

if you are dumb enough to pay them

then you are dumb enough to pay them more than the original demand.

Ask yourself why the figure has jumped to £160 when you have no consumer contract with them?

Hi,

As you have received a letter from DR+ (the parking industr's pet DCA) it would now appear you are out of time to appeal.

Can you supply the dates and times of the ticket and the date of the Notice to Keeper. (just to ensure they have complied with PoFA)

If everything is in order, they would have to instigate court action to get you to pay and that is a 50/50 chance for both parties but with help, you have a better chance of winning.

Also, companies such as this don't take that many to court as it generally costs them more than they will get.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, thanks for your reply. Your answer is different to silver fox 1961 who is suggesting they might take me to court. If this is true could the debt effect my credit score? Thanks

Hi, I don't remember the date of the original ticket & I can't recall ever receiving a notification in the post of the fine. In fact, I no longer own the vehicle. Would you mind advising me what to do in this instance? Thank you.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Your answer is different to silver fox 1961 who is suggesting they might take me to court. If this is true could the debt effect my credit score? Thanks

Hello there. I don't think that's what SF means. If debt collectors are involved, CS are at the desperation stage. Have a read of some threads about Debt Recovery Plus and parking and you'll see they're pretty powerless.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If everything is in order, they would have to instigate court action to get you to pay and that is a 50/50 chance for both parties but with help, you have a better chance of winning.

Apologies if I confused you. I was just raising the point that IF they chose to go to court, not that they would. As it is, I don't think it likely. They would lose money as they couldn't claim all their costs.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi, thank you for your advice. :-D Would you suggest it is better to ignore them then?

AD

Thank you for your advice much appreciated :-D

Hi, I don't remember the date of the original ticket & I can't recall ever receiving a notification in the post of the fine. In fact, I no longer own the vehicle. Would you mind advising me what to do in this instance? Thank you.

fine?

I hope their paperwork does not use that word?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Hi, thank you for your advice. :-D Would you suggest it is better to ignore them then?

AD

Thank you for your advice much appreciated :-D

As it is with DR+ and they are as toothless as me (literally :| ) I would continue ignoring.

Help!

I received a letter yesterday

this is what it said: (please see attached photograph).

I would be grateful of any help anyone can give about this.

The original parking ticket occurred sometime ago when I parked on the said private parking area.

I hadn't displayed my ticket correctly, being in a rush at the time i displayed the back rather than the front.

i received a letter charging me the usual amount which I stupidly ignored and have since mislaid the ticket

It has been so long since the first letter,

I haven't received any other letters till this one claiming now £160.00 and threats of court action.

Please

parking.pdf

Hello there.

I don't think this is much to worry about, but hopefully the guys will be along to give you chapter and verse later. In case it helps, who runs the car park please?

HB

• Confused 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

DR+? only fit for bin. You are not a new cagger so read the past threads about dca's and them in particular

Forget it. You'll get a few more letters but nothing will happen.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello there.

I don't think this is much to worry about, but hopefully the guys will be along to give you chapter and verse later. In case it helps, who runs the car park please?

HB

Corporate services own the car park and DRP dept recovery plus ltd sent the letter. I was a bit worried because it's gone onto a debt collection agency 🤔

DR+? only fit for bin. You are not a new cagger so read the past threads about dca's and them in particular

Hi ericsbrother,

Thanks for replying, I was just a bit worried because I haven't received a letter from a debt recovery organisation before. 🤔

Corporate services own the car park and DRP dept recovery plus ltd sent the letter. I was a bit worried because it's gone onto a debt collection agency 🤔

Thanks for your reply 😊

Forget it. You'll get a few more letters but nothing will happen.

Thanks Caro, was just a bit concerned as I haven't had a letter from a debt recovery company before.

Thanks Caro, was just a bit concerned as I haven't had a letter from a debt recovery company before.

Neither had I, but after about 3 from this shower they gave up, and as you'll see from other threads, they always do. ;)

• Confused 1

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

So? DCA's cant do anything. This one even less so.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D