Corporate Services/DR+ - unpaid parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can you help me?

Sometime ago I parked briefly in a pay and display car park owned by corporate services

I didn't have the correct amount of change on me so I popped into a shop to get some.

By the time I returned I had received a ticket.

I ignored the letter they sent me & I have now received a demand for payment from a debt collecting agency for £160.00.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.

Yes, ignore DR+ completely as they have no authority to do anything whatsoever.

That is why they are demanding £160 instead of the original amount,

if you are dumb enough to pay them

then you are dumb enough to pay them more than the original demand.

Ask yourself why the figure has jumped to £160 when you have no consumer contract with them?

Hi,

As you have received a letter from DR+ (the parking industr's pet DCA) it would now appear you are out of time to appeal.

Can you supply the dates and times of the ticket and the date of the Notice to Keeper. (just to ensure they have complied with PoFA)

If everything is in order, they would have to instigate court action to get you to pay and that is a 50/50 chance for both parties but with help, you have a better chance of winning.

Also, companies such as this don't take that many to court as it generally costs them more than they will get.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, thanks for your reply. Your answer is different to silver fox 1961 who is suggesting they might take me to court. If this is true could the debt effect my credit score? Thanks

Hi, I don't remember the date of the original ticket & I can't recall ever receiving a notification in the post of the fine. In fact, I no longer own the vehicle. Would you mind advising me what to do in this instance? Thank you.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Your answer is different to silver fox 1961 who is suggesting they might take me to court. If this is true could the debt effect my credit score? Thanks

Hello there. I don't think that's what SF means. If debt collectors are involved, CS are at the desperation stage. Have a read of some threads about Debt Recovery Plus and parking and you'll see they're pretty powerless.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If everything is in order, they would have to instigate court action to get you to pay and that is a 50/50 chance for both parties but with help, you have a better chance of winning.

Apologies if I confused you. I was just raising the point that IF they chose to go to court, not that they would. As it is, I don't think it likely. They would lose money as they couldn't claim all their costs.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi, I don't remember the date of the original ticket & I can't recall ever receiving a notification in the post of the fine. In fact, I no longer own the vehicle. Would you mind advising me what to do in this instance? Thank you.

fine?

I hope their paperwork does not use that word?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, thank you for your advice. :-D Would you suggest it is better to ignore them then?

AD

Thank you for your advice much appreciated :-D

As it is with DR+ and they are as toothless as me (literally :| ) I would continue ignoring.

• 7 months later...

Help!

I received a letter yesterday

this is what it said: (please see attached photograph).

I would be grateful of any help anyone can give about this.

The original parking ticket occurred sometime ago when I parked on the said private parking area.

I hadn't displayed my ticket correctly, being in a rush at the time i displayed the back rather than the front.

i received a letter charging me the usual amount which I stupidly ignored and have since mislaid the ticket

It has been so long since the first letter,

I haven't received any other letters till this one claiming now £160.00 and threats of court action.

Please

parking.pdf

Forget it. You'll get a few more letters but nothing will happen.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello there.

I don't think this is much to worry about, but hopefully the guys will be along to give you chapter and verse later. In case it helps, who runs the car park please?

HB

Corporate services own the car park and DRP dept recovery plus ltd sent the letter. I was a bit worried because it's gone onto a debt collection agency 🤔

DR+? only fit for bin. You are not a new cagger so read the past threads about dca's and them in particular

Hi ericsbrother,

Thanks for replying, I was just a bit worried because I haven't received a letter from a debt recovery organisation before. 🤔

Corporate services own the car park and DRP dept recovery plus ltd sent the letter. I was a bit worried because it's gone onto a debt collection agency 🤔

Thanks for your reply 😊

Forget it. You'll get a few more letters but nothing will happen.

Thanks Caro, was just a bit concerned as I haven't had a letter from a debt recovery company before.

Thanks Caro, was just a bit concerned as I haven't had a letter from a debt recovery company before.

Neither had I, but after about 3 from this shower they gave up, and as you'll see from other threads, they always do. ;)

• Confused 1
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

So? DCA's cant do anything. This one even less so.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D