Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2027 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Sorry if I have come in to the wrong section but I have an issue with a notice to quit my garage from Eastbourne County Council.

Basically, I fell into arrears with my garage rent as they didn't have the correct direct debiticon details. Anyhow I was served with a Notice to Quit letter 0n 6th August advising that I had 7 days to pay arrears or they change the locks and take possession.

I paid the full arrears on the 7th day and received my receipt. However they still changed the locks as the payment wasn't allocated to my rent account.

I showed them that I made the payment and showed them the receipt and that it was paid in the 7 days but they tell be that I can't have my garage back.

Can a local authority do this if I have met their demand and they still change the locks, all my work tools are in there and can't get in.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

List all your tools etc and price them all and then send a bill to the council for it. See if they still keep you locked out then.

Councils really are a stuck up lot, I'm not sure where they get their airs and graces from because they certainly aren't from a higher social class.

Write to you local councillor and see what he will do for you, a lot I bet.

You could also drop them a line with a date by which to give you access or you will break in to retrieve your property which is being illegally held. Send it by recorded or they will deny they received it.

Edited by Conniff