North Yorkshire Mortgages - repossession hearing this Friday! 😞

TeamEdward38

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can anyone help me? I am in court on Friday morning regarding the repossession of my house that I own. I have arrears which have accumulated over the last 7 years totalling over £7k. I have always managed to come to arrangements and stick to these as best I could.

In January this year I moved out of the mortgaged property because it wasn't big enough for me after the birth of my third daughter. My brother said he would rent it and cover the mortgage, and I could then afford rent on a bigger house.

Problems hit in April when my brother lost his job. He hasn't paid me a penny rent since beg May. As a result the mortgage hasn't been paid as I cant afford it.

When I got the notice of restored repossession hearing from the solicitors I tried to come to an arrangement with north Yorkshire mortgages. They said they would only consider this if I cooperated with payplan. I did this and had to fill payplans form in in my own time which took me approx 2 weeks to complete. Payplan told me to order full month payment plus £50 off arrears. I did this on Monday and today was told my offer was refused. Because of the level of the arrears and they don't believe I will stick to the arrangement. I think now they know I'm out of the house they just want to repossess.

I am a single mum of 3 and have struggled financially but always worked and done my best to make ends meet. I know the arrears are high though...

I don't know what to do. I feel I can't prepare for Fridays hearing its not enough time and I'm working tomoro and Thursday. Ive not even received any court papers only correspondence from mortgage company and solicitors. My brother doesn't give me all my post, god knows what he does with it.

I didn't want to lose my asset. I'm so upset. I fought hard for 18 long years and now I'm going to lose it.

What do I need to do for the hearing on Friday? I literally have no clue.

Yours hopefully

Have flagged this up for urgent site team input

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Hi, how many years are left on the mortgage? are you able to afford the mortgage payment and an amount towards the arrears each month ?

Is your brother claiming any benefits?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.