style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i received a letter from this company last week telling me i have till this fri 5pm to pay £1066

i rang the office

they said nothing they can do

i either pay it or wait for a bailiff.

This debt dates back to 2010 and i have recieved no correspondance before today.

I rang the courts and they had my old address!

Ive set up a debt managment plan with Harrington Brooks on wed

when i called them today they said nothing had come back from marston will they still come out?

No!!! Cancel Harrington Brooke's

They charge fees...do it now

Whatever made you GOTO a fee paying DMC when you can do it for free yourself???

They have noo more legal clout than you!!

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cagger since : Aug 2015

Re: Help problems with marstons

Hi i recieved a letter from this company last week telling me i have till this fri 5pm to pay £1066 i rang the office they said nothing they can do i either pay it or wait for a bailiff. This debt dates back to 2010 and i have recieved no correspondance before today. I rang the courts and they had my old address! Ive set up a debt managment plan with Harrington Brooks on wed but when i called them today they said nothing had come back from marston will they still come out?

What type of debt is this ?

Depending on what it is, you may be able to set up a payment arrangement with whoever you owe money to. Of couse the bailiff wants to come out, as this means more fees for Marstons. You may be able to resolve before this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I went because im panicking about bailiffs coming out.

I have called the office

they said nothing they can do until bailiffs been out as its down to them.

I rang the court & explained

she said i can request it be set aside or given more time for a fee of £159 and it may not be successful.

Im running out of time as my deadline is up fri.

Yes as DX says ,ring step change or pay plan and get them to commence a plan they are free providers.

You speak of setting asside so this is a civil debt rather than a fine ?

I take it that you are receiving correspondence form high court enforcment officers ?

Also keep in mind that unless they are enforcing against business premises they have no more rights of entry than any other bailiff enforcing a civil debt, park your car out of the way and do not let them in, no matter what they may say.

YOu would have compiled an income and outgoings statement for your DMP provider, send this and an offer of payment to the bailiff, also email it and then ring them up to say that this is what you have done.

Come back on here and tell us what they say

44 guests ??

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Its from ovo an energy company

this is apparently dating back to 2010

this is the 1st i can remember hearing from it.

Harrington Brooks say they have written to the baillifs office but are waiting for a response.

Dump them

Why the beep did you sign up with them?

They'll take most of you first 3 mths in fees

The bailliff will get nothing

A DMC is not the way to sort a bailliff debt

Now this debt

So how did this ovo bill get to court and get a ccj

Was it ovo that took you to court or a debt buyer?

Did you not defend it?

I suspect Marston's are acting as hceos here?

That letter will have cost you upto £150 ...

Ring HB up now

And cancel the plan totally

They were very very wrong to let you blindly take out the plan to pay a bailliff

Again I'll say....they will not see any of the money you pay HB for at least 3 MTS

You've been had blind

Who took you to court?

Who got the ccj?

when did they get the ccj?

Did you defend it?

Something smells here......

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So you have a county court judgement and a hcoe coming Friday

There is no right of entry

No locksmith either

A paid for debt management company will only do what is good for them putting you in MORE debt

So that they get MORE MONEY from you

They make millions out of people in debt and do nothing to help

Paid for debt management is a bad bad idea

There are free ones

If you have other debts they can be dealt with

Perhaps list them so they can be dealt with

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I am not aware of any ccj i wasnt even aware of the debt.

I rang ovo

they said its been passed on and wouldnt speak to me.

I rang ovo solicitors

they couldnt tell me anything other than speak to bailiff

i rang bailiff office they said you need to wait until you get a visit.

I have been told not to open door?

I dont know if im coming or going with it .

I am not aware of any ccj i wasnt even aware of the debt. I rang ovo they said its been passed on and wouldnt speak to me. I rang ovo solucitors they couldnt tell me anything other than speak to bailiff i rang bailiff office they said you need to wait until you get a visit. I habe been told not to open door? I dont know if im coming or going with it .

You can check for CCJ's on the site. Trustonline, but there is a fee per search.

OVO still have a responsibility to deal with you and to provide any proof of debt that you require. Ask OVO for statements of account proving there was an amount owed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

So when did you move out

And did you settle the bill?

Dx

and they

Did you tell ovo and ask for a final bill? Utilities are good at inflating debt gaining a default CCJ, and adding charges so they can take it to the High Court.

Follow what Unclebulgaria, and DX have advised, as to marstons they have only done what the writ commands, you might have to complain to the toothless useless OFGEM, and your troughing expenses loving MP.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So you say the debt was from 2010?

Why in 3yrs did ovo not chase you

Can you go up on http://www.trustonline.org.UK

Use your old address and get the ccj details

Date and claimant posted here please

Dx

and they

Ok ive just checked my credit report and the energy company have a ccj on my file

Phone the central court that would have dealt with it.

0300 123 1056

You need to know what the original particulars of claim were and where the claim was sent. Also ask them whether the CCJ has been elevated to High court or is it still at County court level.

There is a different course of action depending on whether it is High court or County. Hence why you need to know. If it is High court, then the bailiff fees are much higher and this might influence the amount of action you are wiiling to take to stop this happening.

By the way. The court will tell you to contact the claimant for the CCJ info. Tell them they have refused to provide it, which is why you are phoning the court. They will then provide it to you.

Come back with the info.

YOu may be exempt from the fees if your income is below a certain level or you are on benefits, form ex 160 available from the HMCS website

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Yes, but did you get the details of the claim made, whether it is still at County court level or now High court ?

You need to know this.

To be honest, i think you would be best speaking to somebody about this. National Debtine and Stepchange both have freephone lines. They will tell you exactly what to do. You can ask questions. But they would need more information about the CCJ and whether County or now High court. Sometimes people just find it easier to talk to someone, rather than an internet self help site like this, where you are being given guidance.

Stepchange 0800 138 1111

National Debtline 0808 808 4000