C&L Collections letters for car insurance

katcon92
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58953[/ATTACH]Hi All

I was hoping to get some advise.

In July 2014 I was involved in a small car accident where I'd happened to be uninsured due to a misunderstanding with my insurers at the time,

this was later resolved between me and the driver.

As a gesture of good will she agreed to pay for the loss of no claims and premium and let her insurance company pay for the rest.

I naturally thought the issue was resolved

I received a letter from "C&L Collections" on the 17th July 2015 which I have attached.

I did try to ring the collection company but nobody got back to me.

I then received a further letter dated the 14th of August which reads the following;

Dear Sir/Madam

There has been no response to our previous letters which has left us no alternative but to look at our recovery and enforcement options in the matter.

Should you fail to respond to this letter we will contact our client with regards to the claims underwriting and exchange register.

Through this register insurers are able to share motorists details

and if you appear negatively it may harm your ability to obtain future policies or increase the premiums you have to pay.

- To avoid visits being made to visit your property and potential action being taken against you, you must enter into a repayment plan immediately

- We may, without prejudice, be able to accept a reasonable offer as a full and final settlement

- To arrange a callback text your name to 07581 141 067 or call 0208 755 7930 where we are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a week

- Addressing this issue in its early stages will reduce the amount you have to pay- a full list of payment options is available overleaf

Any cheques or postal orders need to be made payable to 'Corporate and Legal Collections' only.

To pay by direct debit complete the reverse and post this back to us.

Yours sincerely

The Collections Team

Apologies for how long this is I appreciate it's a lot of information but would really like some advise on how to move forward with this.

The letter to me looks a bit informal but was hoping to get more of an expert opinion on the situation.

Thank you

Katherine

Edited by katcon92

can we have the letter in PDF please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sounds like Admiral the third parties insurers are holding you at fault for the accident and trying to recover their outlay from you, because they cannot find insurance in your name.

Did the third party driver admit to being at fault for the accident ?

Can you explain the accident event, which might help understand how the Insurers normally consider who was at fault.

Do you have a new insurance for the same car or another car ? Did you declare this accident event while not being insured ? If you did not declare it, if Admiral ( third parties drivers) make a note of it on the claims & underwriting exchange database, it could make your current insurance invalid, if they find out about your non disclosure to them.

I think i would suggest that you write back in very vague terms. Just say that you don't know what they are writing to you about and are confused. You have not received any previous correspondence and would need FULL disclosure of all relevant information from their client Admiral to see if it helps with memory recall.

Then see how they respond. You are not admitting to anything, just asking for information.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think the driver had claimed me to be at fault for the accident with her insurance company at the time of the accident, but by the time we had agreed to leave the debt the insurance company had already proceeded with this and the driver was unable to withdraw the claim through Admiral.

I didn't declare this at the time of the accident no as I thought without them having my car registration details they were unable to trace any information and prove this although now I am unsure, I was also extremely worried at the time that I'd lose my car and get points on my license so I thought it was better off not to mention it.

I did as you advised and emailed them a short email requesting all the relevant info from Admiral

I hope I am able to get to the bottom of this without it getting too serious.

This is extremely stressful :(

Thanks for your help and fingers crossed

Did you have insurance on the day of the accident or not ? You are not clear about this. If you had a problem with the insurance company and eventually they did confirm that you had cover, then pass the information onto them.

What about your current Insurance ? If you did not inform them about this accident, then it could invalidate the policy. if you mention it now, they will probably cancel the policy and this would make future insurances more expensive.

It might be wise, if they provide the evidence of the claim payment made to the other driver, to just come to a payment arrangement with them. Just say that you have decided not to go through insurance and will deal with it directly. Then hope that any record of this accident is not recorded in a way that could easily be found.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No I wasn't insured at the time of the accident although I was under the impression I was at the time.

I was then unable to stay insured with the former insurers due to me having to mention the accident and then took out a policy elsewhere and have since then been insured by 2 different insurance companies and had no issues.

I will request this in hope that I get a response to my initial email but they've seemed pretty awful about getting back to me so far.