style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A process server was looking down the wrong end of a gun and machete for giving papers to a person whilst on Court business.. This could easily have been an EA in this situation...

"An enforcement officer was shot at twice through a letter box after trying to deliver a court order.

The court officer escaped unhurt in the incident in Adswood, Stockport today.

Armed police then swooped on the address in Newsham Road but a man later walked into a police station and was arrested in connection with the incident."

For the full story see here http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/court-officer-shot-twice-gunman-9859309#ICID=sharebar_twitter

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

As it stands the EA will have to call on convicted and potentially violent debtors with an increasing frequency given the level of debt in the UK.

This may well become more prevalent when EA's start calling on certain minorities where weapons were everyday possessions within the wider community

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

As it stands the EA will have to call on convicted and potentially violent debtors with an increasing frequency given the level of debt in the UK.

This may well become more prevalent when EA's start calling on certain minorities where weapons were everyday possessions within the wider community

You mean farmers who might have shotguns to kill foxes, rabbits etc?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You mean farmers who might have shotguns to kill foxes, rabbits etc?

Yes Farmers will shoot at anything if it or they are worrying the sheep.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes Farmers will shoot at anything if it or they are worrying the sheep.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to generalise about a minority group like that, so please avoid posting anything that could cause offence.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to generalise about a minority group like that, so please avoid posting anything that could cause offence.

OK I will leave the forum if that is what you want, don't want to offend anyone, I tried delivering a parcel to a farm the other week, and the farmer threatened to shoot me for scaring his sheep in Mid Wales with a big Sprinter van when they ran in front of it and I had to brake hard. to avoid hitting them. A sheep makes a real mess if you hit one. I know of several fatalities at night where the cause was hitting a sheep or swerving to avoid one and a small car ends up on it's roof in a ditch on an unlit rural road.

OK I will leave the forum if that is what you want, don't want to offend anyone, I tried delivering a parcel to a farm the other week, and the farmer threatened to shoot me for scaring his sheep in Mid Wales with a big Sprinter van when they ran in front of it and I had to brake hard. to avoid hitting them. A sheep makes a real mess if you hit one. I know of several fatalities at night where the cause was hitting a sheep or swerving to avoid one and a small car ends up on it's roof in a ditch on an unlit rural road.

I don't remember anyone asking you to leave the forum. I just asked you to avoid generalising about minorities which may be misconstrued and cause offence. I accept this was not your intention and will leave it at that..

Over the past six months there has been a disturbing increase in the number of 'beat the bailiff' facebook pages with new groups being set up in various different parts of the country. All such sites rely heavily upon the Freeman on the Land/Sovereign Citizen ideology and the most dangerous feature of these groups is the way they react when a post is made that a vehicle has been clamped. The sites put a public call out on facebook for 'Boots on the Ground' and the debtors address and postcode is published. Unbeknown to the bailiff within a short period of time 'supporters' arrive at the property and start taunting the bailiff. Police will naturally be called and the bailiff visit turns nasty.

Many times the whole event is filmed by the 'activists' with claims being made to the bailiff that if the clamp is not removed that the video will appear on the FMoTL/Sov Cit favourite media outlet...Youtube.

In many of these cases in the Midlands area of the country it was frequently the case that 'Mary the Clamp Fairy' would arrive to remove the wheel clamp. Thankfully his activities have been halted as the man behind this company is currently in residing in a prison cell.

It is sadly the case that the internet is awash with highly inaccurate information about the rights of a bailiff and this misinformation is responsible for bailiff visits descending into argumentative or violent episodes.

Have to agree BA, misinformation and inaccurate advice and reporting will lead to tragedy before very long. Inner cities and certain estates within them will be a flashpoint before very long. Think Jasmine Allen and Cockroft as fictional examples.

The other aspect to which we maybe shouldn't mention on a forum on PC and potential offending someone grounds is that these areas may well have a large number of people for whom English is a second language, or they have no spoken English at all. That is a very difficult one for an EA as will they believe the debtor cannot understand English if they don't believe that is the case so will go in all shouting and pushy? These situations shouldn't be handled like the EA on one of the programmes on Enforcement who bullied the Romanian family on camera.

• 2 months later...

I am actually surprised that Criminals, whether organised, or just a group of smackheads/chancers aren't attempting to hold up EA's given they could well be carrying very large sums of money.

Look how Robbery is pretty much an occupational hazard for the likes of Provident Loan's Collectors - hell, the stats of Provident Employees who rob the debtors they visit and their company alone likely make chilling reading for the Companies Board, nevermind outside "hits"!!

I genuinely think it wont be long before organised crime is running "ANPR Vans" of their own, be plenty of people over on the darknet willing to hide opposite EA car parks at 5am to record van plates and sell the info on. Even a simple GPS tracker snuck under the vans/cars at 2am would do the trick - you can buy watches and so on with GPS trackers for your kids for under £30.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good points Caled. whicjh is why they EA's carry card readers connected to a phone/ I-Pad

Good points Caled. whicjh is why they EA's carry card readers connected to a phone/ I-Pad

But a lot of people, esp businesses still pay in Cash. The Can't Pay's coming to beat the wont pay bailiff brigade of TV stardom are often shown sealing large amounts of cash into a clear plastic envelope

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cash is no longer a big part of what we do. Its bank transfer, debit or credit card. Most EA's stay clear of cash completely unless no other choice due to time wasted banking, security, lost cash etc.

The act of sealing it in big plastic bags and making a great show of it is just TV.