I Hate Sky/New Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After being badgered by a Sky Salesman in my local shopping centre, i decided to go back to Sky.

As a returning customer they offered such a fantastic deal, New Dish and HD Box all installed, Sky Family package normally at £36.00 reduced to £23.40 for 12 months (35% off)

Engineer due Wednesday to do the install and i get a welcome back letter from sky this morning. To my horror it has my monthly subscription at £36.00.

Now on the phone the chap states it was an error in applying the discount etc, then the line goes dead, i get cut off

Phoned again the cancellation department this time. Everything going fine, she said she has put a credit on the bill and my monthly subscription will be £23.40 for12 months. I then ask for her to send me an email as a change in contractual terms to confirm my monthly bill.

SHE SAID THEY DO NOT HAVE THE FACILITY TO SEND OUT AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION.

Now i have a 14 day cooling off period to stick by. If they cannot even have the decency to send me an email confirmation then stuff you

I have now cancelled my contract and install within the 14 day cooling off period

I do not like to be ripped off or made to feel that way

• 3 weeks later...

Its so disappointing that such a simple thing would cause you to cancel -

First call, first time resolution should be the key here and they failed.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Idainfife

After i calmed down i went back into the shopping centre a few days later. A different chap was on the stall and was really helpful

This chap contacted Sky, the lady on the other end of the phone agreed i had been treated appallingly

A new engineer was booked for a week later to do the install on original package offered. She sent me an email as confirmation of exactly what my package would be and also duplicated when i logged onto MySky

I was angry as i was just about at the end of the 14 day cooling off period and she would not even confirm by email what my contract actually was.

I am happy now but some of the customer service staff need more training in how to speak to subscribers.

I do not understand why people still pay for this type of service, it took me long enough to figure this out, I now have a fantastic TV package that is totally free, and has 1,000s of different channels, I get my TV direct from the States, then top up using Filmon which is also free, I watch TV shows that will not hit the UK till the following year and nearly always half a season ahead of the UK listings...

Not bad for free is it?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I generally get channels/packages for programmes that I want to watch - what U.S. tv do you get free and how, if you don't mind me asking.

Looked at filmon and seems pretty.....blah to me.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop