Park Direct UK Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I was hoping to get some advice on what to do about multiple parking tickets from Park Direct UK.

I was working on the site for what I believed to be the landlord and somewhat naively thought that putting a note in my windscreen would be sufficient to avoid receiving a ticket.

After day 1, I didn't get a ticket on my windscreen so I assumed (again, naively) that everything was hunky dory so I parked there for the next 2 days of the job.

I got the call from my office to say that I had received 3 parking tickets and as it was a company van, I needed to either pay or appeal. I also later found out that I wasn't working for the landlord and that where I was working had no links to that car park.

Now, if I'd have just received a ticket on my windscreen, I'd have been tempted to pay it to get rid of them but the fact they posted the tickets didn't give me the chance to do that so now, with £180 worth of tickets, I'm looking to appeal but I don't really know where to start.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to CAG.

You probably have nothing to worry about, but may need to take some action. The forum guys should be along later with advice on how to handle this, please bear with us until they're able to get here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi and welcome to CAG

Park Direct are a private company and these tickets are nothing more than an invoice. The old advice used to be ignore. That is not the case anymore.

I suspect that you were caught by cameras entering and leaving the site hence no windscreen ticket. Be glad that the company has passed these on to you rather than paying them and then deducting the costs from your pay.

I am assuming your company contacted you rather than the PPC doing so.

Can you say what dates you parked and what dates you got the invoices (just to make sure that the PPC are not out of time)

Initially you should do one appeal for each ticket to PDUK and they will reject you (which doesn't really matter) then you can take the cases to POPLA where you can lay out the full appeal.

As this was an ANPR capture, how would PDUK know you were not on site for another company there? Answer, they don't

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for replying. The dates were 3rd 4th and 5th August. There was no ANPR capture, I believe there were attendants operating in the car park. If you can give any advice on how to word my appeal, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

That strikes me as odd. Attendants that don't ticket??

Are you able to go back to the site and check what signage there is?

I would be saying:

No contract

Insufficient signage

No Genuine Pre estimate Of Loss (GPeOL)

No loss incurred

I wonder if this site is one of the self ticketing type where someone who works at the site has the responsibility of taking photos and passing them on to PDUK?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Could be they thought the employer would pay without question so made the tickets.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

That strikes me as odd. Attendants that don't ticket??

Are you able to go back to the site and check what signage there is?

I would be saying:

No contract

Insufficient signage

No Genuine Pre estimate Of Loss (GPeOL)

No loss incurred

I wonder if this site is one of the self ticketing type where someone who works at the site has the responsibility of taking photos and passing them on to PDUK?

Judging by the photos that were supplied, they were definitely taken by an attendant. Just seemed odd to me that they didn't issue a physical ticket at the time. Anyway, I will appeal it and go from there. Do I need to ask for a POPLA code in my initial contact with them?

What are you going to state with your appeal? Doesnt really matter what you state, you just need the POPLA code if the PPC is registered with the BPA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

What are you going to state with your appeal? Doesnt really matter what you state, you just need the POPLA code if the PPC is registered with the BPA.

I'm not really sure, that's why I came here, looking for advice on how to approach it.

Tell them aliens abducted your first born child. Doesnt matter what you tell them, they will ignore it. You need that popla code.

Tell them aliens abducted your first born child. Doesnt matter what you tell them, they will ignore it. You need that popla code.

Ok, that's fine, thanks for your help. Will anything I say in the initial contact, need to be repeated to POPLA or is it a totally separate process? Do I explain the situation as I did in my original post or do I just send a generic template letter?

completely seperate. Just get that code from the PPC, then come back here and we will help you with an appeal

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can you get the tickets from your employer and post them up as remote ticketing has a different format to those slapped on the windscreen. I bet that your company van has signage on the side and the bandits have just sent demands to the company without following the proper protocols. They will not be compliant with the law so easy to defeat. Post up a copy of the ticket and we can advise what to say next

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies and gentlemen. On the advice of this forum, I put forward an appeal to Park Direct UK for multiple tickets I received. I have received their response with a POPLA verification number and was just looking for some advice on what steps to take next. I can answer any questions you might have while I attempt to upload a copy of the letter.

Thanks!

Hi

I have unapproved the attachments as on one of them, I can see you reg number plus they make my neck ache trying to read them sideways.

Any chance you could convert the pictures to a pdf file then make sure that every last bit of identifying data is removed. That includes any reference numbers, barcodes and obviously names and addresses

can you PDF the uploads please

pop them all in a WORD.DOC

then file save as .PDF

and attach that doc

and they

want an email address?

and they