Jump to content

private land parking ticket wrong number plate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I was given a parking ticket from a company called TESGB 2 weeks ago, the fine was issued to the wrong number plate (confused x by k).


In the first place the fine was unfair as i parked my car at the bank's car park and before taking my child to the toilet (there were no toilet facilites onsite) nobody made me aware that i could not leave the premises but even then there has to be an exception to the rule as the bank does not provide facilites.


My husband suggested i should write to them to clarify the issue and informed them that PCN was invalid, then i received an email advisiing me that they were going to re-issue the PCN to the correct car and I have now received a letter informing me that my appeal has been rejected and that i have to pay.


could anyone kindly provide advice on this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

how did they re-issue the notice if they got it wrong ???,how did they e-mail you if you wrote to them ???. inconsistancies.


I'm assuming by "wrote", she means that she wrote an email. Sounds like she may have also told them the real reg number for the car which is how they reissued it.


In the appeal rejection, did they give you a POPLA code? You use this to make a real appeal (parking companies will always reject appeals as they won't make money by rejecting appeals. They are the cowboys that used to clamp cars for £400+ release fee's before it was outlawed.


It's not a fine, its just an amount they think you owe them. They have made no loss, so you don't owe them anything. There are some sure points which will win you at the POPLA appeal, someone will be able to help with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, having realised that they had no way of knowing who the correct owner was you gave them the information they needed to send out a demand . That is not the best way of beating these crooks but not to worry, they cannot reissue a demand as they have to still let you appeal so do so. Then you can appeal to POPLA or the IAS if they belong to one of the ATA's. Make them spend money chasing you.

Your appeal should say that they have no claim against you under Ibbotson v VCS and they should cancel or look stupid.

Use the exact phrase.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...