HMRC Self Assessment Question

hemanthb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Need some help with declaring my additional income from freelance work, besides my regular full time employment to HMRC for the tax year 2014 - 15.

I am a bit confused with the questions on the Self Assessment form.

So I created an account for accessing the Self Assessment.

In the 3. Tailor your return step , Do I have to select "Were you self-employed?" option as YES?

Thanks,

Hemanth

Hi Everyone,

Need some help with declaring my additional income from freelance work, besides my regular full time employment to HMRC for the tax year 2014 - 15.

I am a bit confused with the questions on the Self Assessment form.

So I created an account for accessing the Self Assessment.

In the 3. Tailor your return step , Do I have to select "Were you self-employed?" option as YES?

Thanks,

Hemanth

Were you paid via PAYE by the firm paying you for your freelance work?

If not, did you invoice them via an umbrella company or your own limited company?

If not : it seems likely you were self-employed.

Were you paid via PAYE by the firm paying you for your freelance work?

If not, did you invoice them via an umbrella company or your own limited company?

If not : it seems likely you were self-employed.

Thank you for your quick follow-up BazzaS.

I was NOT paid via PAYE by the firm paying me for my freelance work?

And I have not invoiced them via an umbrella company. It was a direct transfer to my account. Yes Self Employed. But during that time I was also full time employed with an other company. Should I enter any details of my full time employment for which TAX is managed by the company itself? Or am I declaring only my additional income on the self assessment form?

Thanks,

Hemanth

You need to declare all income, there will be spaces to declare tax already paid through PAYE

Thank you. Yes I declared all income.. Please find attached the summary I got at the end of all steps.

I am a bit confused when I saw this;

It says I was not self-employed - which is not true. I was partly self employed with a second employer for 3 months.

Am I doing anything wrong in the "Tailor your return" step;

How many employments or directorships did you have? Should I select 2 instead of 1

Having selected 1 I have entered my full time Employer name and hence selected 'No' for Were you self-employed.

For furnishing the second employer (part time) additional income I selected YES for Did you receive any other UK income, for example, employment lump sums, share schemes, life insurance gains?

Could you please let me know if I am doing the right thing.

Looking forward for help.

Thanks