Supporting evidence for reassessment

Beddz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Consumers forum I have a reassessment for my ESA due in Decemeber 2015. I have been diagnosed with Agrophobia, Panic Disorder, Depression and PTS.. I have asked my doctor if he would support me which he has agreed to. I just don't know what information to ask for? I wonder if he would go through descriptors with me and agree which affect me the most and create a report from that :/ I also have a CPN is it worth asking for a report off her also?

I would say yes if your DR is willing to do that.

Any and all clinical evidence is good.

Also keep a diary of events showing how your life is impacted.

even things like "Got mum over to help take me to the shops" shows evidence of that day of a descriptor. Has to be true though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I would say yes if your DR is willing to do that.

Any and all clinical evidence is good.

Also keep a diary of events showing how your life is impacted.

even things like "Got mum over to help take me to the shops" shows evidence of that day of a descriptor. Has to be true though.

I have only left the house in the past 2 years about 5-10 times for hospital surgery and emergency follwup appointments :/

All shopping/caring for me is done by my parents, ugh its so worrying.. even more annoying my PIP reassessment isnt due till late 2017 is it worth mentioning that in my ESA50 when I recieve it?

CPN's are generally pretty helpful - more so than GP's due to constraints on appointment time.

What I would do is make a list of the descriptors you feel apply to you. Under each descriptor write typical issues with everyday activities that show you meet that descriptor. Provide this to the GP and the CPN. A GP might write a short supporting letter saying that the issues highlighted are completely consistent with your diagnosis and reported problems. A cPN might be willing to write something more detailed including details of their input.

Don't do it too early. Wait until you receive the esa50 - you don't want a decision maker or if the decision doesn't go your way, a Tribunal judge saying the evidence isn't close enough to the date of assessment to be valid. Lots of assessments have been delayed, so you may not end up getting assessed for a while.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

If you had a face to face assessment for your PIP claim it would be worth getting a copy of that report if you don't already have one, they won't necessarily have one on your ESA file. Also, if you have a copy of your last ESA assessment you could include comments on your ESA50 along the lines of 'xxx issue/sympton (describe thoroughly) which hasn't changed or improved since the report dated yyy'.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 3 weeks later...
If you had a face to face assessment for your PIP claim it would be worth getting a copy of that report if you don't already have one, they won't necessarily have one on your ESA file. Also, if you have a copy of your last ESA assessment you could include comments on your ESA50 along the lines of 'xxx issue/sympton (describe thoroughly) which hasn't changed or improved since the report dated yyy'.

My PIP claim was awarded in December 2014 and completed solely off paper based information from my CPN and GP :/ should I still send it in as evidence? I was awarded Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility

Worrying about what my first ESA assessors report says though as she wrote in the notes on the report "I expect some improvement in the medium term" But that hasnt happened at all infact I'm alot worse than I was at the first assessment. Should her notes on the first report affect the out come of the second review assessment?

Any idea how I should go about getting the best possible supporting evidence from my GP? and other medical professionals I feel really embarrassed asking them =[

From my earlier post, let me know if you need us more info:

What I would do is make a list of the descriptors you feel apply to you. Under each descriptor write typical issues with everyday activities that show you meet that descriptor. Provide this to the GP and the CPN. A GP might write a short supporting letter saying that the issues highlighted are completely consistent with your diagnosis and reported problems. A cPN might be willing to write something more detailed including details of their input.

Does self harm come under any discriptors? Also I can remember on the previous ESA50 I filled out questions were like can you walk more than so and so metres... as I am housebound what would be the best to answer for this question?

https://www.sense.org.uk/content/esa-descriptors-determine-whether-you-have-limited-capability-work

You're looking at the second part - the mental health descriptors. Activity 15 would be the one that would apply to you getting about, and 16 and 17 may also be particularly relevant. Also would work or work related activity significantly worsen or harm your physical or mental health - if so in what way.

And remember

You only count as being able to do something if you can do so "without pain, repeatedly and in reasonable time"

A lot of people forget that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

https://www.sense.org.uk/content/esa-descriptors-determine-whether-you-have-limited-capability-work

You're looking at the second part - the mental health descriptors. Activity 15 would be the one that would apply to you getting about, and 16 and 17 may also be particularly relevant. Also would work or work related activity significantly worsen or harm your physical or mental health - if so in what way.

Is the significantly worsen your physical/mental health a special descriptor? How could I prove that other than it would cause me to self harm more? :/

You just need to get your gp or cpn to confirm. No it's not a descriptor but an exceptional circumstances rule. This may explain it more:

http://www.rethink.org/living-with-mental-illness/money-issues-benefits-employment/work-capability-assessment/what-next

Another question if you dont mind answering guys, I will probably be having a home visit when I have my reassessment if a F2F is needed should I have someone in the room with me when the assessment is carried out? Also should I ask for it to be recorded?

You are entitled to be accompanied and to have the assessment recorded whether it's at your home or at an assessment centre. I would always recommend having someone else with you, particularly if you have any mental health issues. I would also always choose to have an assessment recorded, however you should be aware that requesting this is likely to cause substantial delays as the equipment needed is limited in supply and apparently regularly breaks down. As a result, you may find appointments cancelled at short notice which can be problematic for some people.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

You are entitled to be accompanied and to have the assessment recorded whether it's at your home or at an assessment centre. I would always recommend having someone else with you, particularly if you have any mental health issues. I would also always choose to have an assessment recorded, however you should be aware that requesting this is likely to cause substantial delays as the equipment needed is limited in supply and apparently regularly breaks down. As a result, you may find appointments cancelled at short notice which can be problematic for some people.

Thanks for your help reallymadwoman, still worrying to death about filling in the ESA50 and making sure I give as much detailed information as I can about how my condition affects my day to day life

Have you even received it yet?

Why not have a search online for the form and start filling it in a bit at a time? It might help you to stop worrying so much if you know you'll have it done in plenty of time and with loads of time for you to go back and change or add things. Also, are you keeping a diary of how your condition affects you? That would make good supporting evidence as well as help fill in the form.

RMW

I've never thought to keep a diary, I haven't recieved the form yet no I rang up the DWP office earlier this month and they said it could be December/January before it comes. Just want to be best prepared evidence wise and explaining myself properly on the form.

I think you'd be better off speaking to someone like CAB and getting them to fill the forms in.

Pretty hard to do :/ I've been housebound more or less for 2 years and the only situations I've left the house for is medical surgery at the hospital or emergency doctors appointments

Pretty hard to do :/ I've been housebound more or less for 2 years and the only situations I've left the house for is medical surgery at the hospital or emergency doctors appointments

Some branches have a home visit service. There may also be a welfare rights charity in your area that also may provide home visits.