G24 PCN for not displaying a Blue Badge when parked in a disable space

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I haven't been on here for a while but thought I would put this on here in hope of some advice.

My father who is the owner/keeper of the car that received the PCN and my mother who are both holders of Blue Badges and in their late 70's/mid 80's.

I was the one responsible for parking in the disable bay which as far as I am concerned had a perfect right to do so,

but inadvertently forgot to put the badge on display due to having to physically lift a mobility scooter out of the car and help my mother into it.

My father in a panic over this PCN started to fret about finding the £100 to pay it.

I told him not to pay and write and tell them what happened and to give the details of the Blue Badges.

As you have probably guessed they still want their pound of flesh.

I have now received a letter telling me I can appeal to IAS.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

WIDYCHI

blue badges or any road markings or bay markings are purely graffiti on private land.

they have no standing under any laws.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As you have probably guessed they still want their pound of flesh.

Of course they do, it could have been their own mother and they wouldn't care.

I wish the swear filter on here would allow us to put in print what these people really are, that would be a real blue post.

Hi

G24 joined the IAS as their appeals process is so skewed against the motorist that they are now becoming a laughing stock. You never get to see the evidence the PPC submit so you never know how fair they are however, this is a civil parking ticket and not a fine so even if the IAS reject the appeal, G24 would have to take court action to get their 'pound of flesh'

I suspect they would be on a loser with this case.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks guy's for your reassurances.

I have no intention of paying these low lives a penny.

I agree with ''i hate bailiffs'' about the markings on private land.

It was in a retail park with no signs anywhere near the disable bay and usually the Blue Badge sign helps remind me to display the badge, which I do on any private parking areas, so as to let others know that there is a genuine reason to be parked close to the entrance of the shop.

I followed a link put on here to the MSE where they advise not to bother with a second stage appeal if POPLA is not offered and that ''mitigating circumstances are POINTLESS''

My main concern was the fact that I told my father to tell them I was the driver, which I was, to stop him from worrying, before reading on here that that was not the best thing to do. I felt I had shot myself in the foot after reading the above.

Thanks again for your help.

You could also phone/visit wherever you were shopping and make a fuss. Perhaps at midday on a Saturday with a very loud voice and basically embarrass them into getting the invoice cancelled.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

You need to play the game to beat these silly claims so appeal to G24 stating BB was present (they wont be able to prove otherwise) and ask for a copy of their disabilities statement regarding parking at that place. Tell them that you will be making a statutory demand if it is not forthcoming. THEN go after the management of the store ans ask for their disabilites /equality statement regarding parking and tell them that they will receive a statutory demand if it is not forthcoming. Make sure that they know that it is G24 you are after but are chasing them because they employ G24 and suggest that it would be less burdensoem for tehm to get the ticket cancelled than risk a claim under the Equalities Act!