Lloyds PPI claim rejected then settled - can I ask for interest on overdraft in the meantime?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent paperwork to them a couple of years ago, which they rejected. Two weeks ago, out of the blue, a reversal of their earlier decision and an offer of £5K to settle, which they credited to my account last week. Seems like the regulator is finally making some progress.

I sent out PPI request documents to Lloyds about 2 years ago using standard forms, against several credit cards. Their response at the time was to reject my claim within a month of my submission. I did not pursue it further at the time.

Two weeks ago, they sent me documents informing me that their original decision was mistaken and that they were sending me a payment of £5,089 to my account, which they have done. (I am still with Lloyds.)

At the time when I sent the original request in, I was very overdrawn and out of work. I continued to be overdrawn for a long time afterwards, but I obtained work 8 months ago and have been slowly moving back into credit, which I now am, especially with the help of their refund.

As they got the decision wrong, can I also request that they credit back to me the interest paid on the overdraft during that time? Plus any charges.

Opinions please. :)

how do you know the PPI refund is correct too?

I doubt you'll get any OD interest mind

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

an sar to lloyds

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...