• Tweets

• Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vodafone default etc 11140996

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will try and keep a long story short.

Car about to die so for the first time ever checked my CRA,s

vodafone default from 2010!

Recalled a Lowell letter in 2013 about this so called them.

They bought the debt, could not prove it was mine and closed it in 2013

. They sent me the vodafone statement on the account which so last payment 2007 and defaulted February 2008

. Lowell you will be pleased to here gave me compensation for chasing a statute barred debt!

I contacted vodafone who replied with "pay by 24th July and we will remove the default as it will be over 6 years old.

Lowell docs say the default was registered in February 2008

yet vodafone placed it in 2012 but their letter says statute barred 24th July this year.

I have the docs from Lowell so will get a sar going at VF

what should the next steps be.

I feel I already have enough to take VF to court.

Ex pertain asked for info from VF and then hid the default as they had no reply in 28 days.

When I checked today it was back on for the third time and all VF did was copy and paste the letter sent to me saying pay by the 24.

This has caused me loads of pain and so it continues.

Spoke to the ICO and not great lep there either.

If its more than 6yrs since the default

It should not be showing

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ERm... Just challenge the CRA's and they will force remove it if over the 6 years,

Yes it was 6 years old in February of 2013 but vodafone placed a default for the same account on my file in 2008 before selling to Lowell.

Then it appears they put another default for the same account back on my file in 2012!

I have a statement for the account provided to me by Lowell showing that the last payment was made in December 2007.

Vodafone finally replied to my early June letter in late July saying that I had to pay before they would remove the default

but also said it would be 6 years old ion the 24th July 2015.

Nothing seems to add up here and vodafone are refusing to let the CRA remove it.

I await the Sar to confirm what I know which is this account has very much been 6 years old since May 2014.

The CRA,s removed it in early July awaiting info from vodafone.

VF literally copied and pasted the letter sent to me in July to them and bingo it's back on my files.

I have gone from good to excellent now back to good which is no good.

Hi and welcome. This does seem very odd. The debt was extinguished in 2013 but a default remains for 6 years irrespective of where you live.

Placing a second default is wrong and VF know it. If you have suffered a quantifiable loss due to this second default, you could sue them however before going that route, why not see if the VF rep can help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

Ensure you place the auto reply number you should get on this thread.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi all a quick update:

Lee contacted me today.

I told him that the info I have in hard copy from Lowell who bought the debt confirms VF added a default in July 2008.

As data controller Lowell removed the default in 2014.

After several letters to VF I got a reply on 14 July 2015 confirming they placed a default on my file in August 2012.

Lee confirmed the first default account was also the 2012 default account!

He is confused and hinted that they may not have placed the default but maybe the CRA's!

I'm thinking if VF wrote to me saying they placed the default in 2012 then that's what happened!

Lee advises they will investigate what has happened and if it was their fault.

He also asked that I do not contact CRA's Lowell, or the ICO as this will increase the info requests and add to investigation time.

Aye right!

Lee had access to the account in question as we spoke at length on the phone

yet the default is still on my file no offer of asking for this to be suppressed while they investigate.

I have all the info I need to confirm the default should have been removed over a year ago but no still there.

Neither Lowell or Vodafone have yet to give any information confirming this debt relates to me! I am at a loss.

I have given VF until September 1st to get back to.

If not I have no option but to take vodafone to court calling Lowell and CRA's in addition to establish

how a default from an account the defaulted in 2008 has been defaulted 3 times on my files and is still there.

The main reason I need to chase this to the end,

if I ever move job in my industry in will always have a 5 year work and address check and credit check!

Can't move job just now!

NB Lowell and VF debt amount agree but my CRA and last VF figures differ.

Nobody seems to know their arse from their elbow but the detail is still there!

• 2 weeks later...

Another update:

Lee said he checked my experian file and can't find a default there. I looked today and yep, still there. Now although it should of been removed in 2013 Vodafone sent me a letter stating it would be 6 years old on the 24th July 2015, now I am no rocket scientist but the fact that it is still there is surely not right. I am sending a copy of the letter to the ICO so they can ask Vodafone why it is still there. Boy this is tough work!

Another update:

Lee said he checked my experian file and can't find a default there. I looked today and yep, still there. Now although it should of been removed in 2013 Vodafone sent me a letter stating it would be 6 years old on the 24th July 2015, now I am no rocket scientist but the fact that it is still there is surely not right. I am sending a copy of the letter to the ICO so they can ask Vodafone why it is still there. Boy this is tough work!

another update! Lee has advised me that the letter from VF stating default to be removed on 24/7/15 was in relation to another person with my name! The dates in the letter are spot on with thid default as is the amount. It looks like they have hit me with someone else's default. Shame I have to wait for the SAR to confirm this but surely this should be removed. It us still there causing me pain. Reading this site helps and shows me that if I keep going I will win. When I do this wee site is getting a nice donation. It's comforting to know it's not just me!

Can you get Lee to confirm this in writing. They have now acknowledged they have screwed up so they should now compensate you for their error. If you were to take this matter to court, I feel it would cost them dearly.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks silver fox 1961 I have the cock up info via an email sent by Lee. I have said that all they need to do is check the default against their records and they will find it was not mine. In addition according to the dates supplied by VF it looks like the default was placed 2.5 years after it went into default. The letter also states that this default was 6 years old on 24/7/15 but it is still on my file. I have advised Lee that however you look at it there are at least 2 data breaches here! I have also said that if VF don't come to me with a decent compensation agreement I will without doubt take them to small claims. I feel I am getting closer as I really do have a win win here but VF are really dragging this on. Once again many thanks for this great site and I hope that very soon via VF I can contribute £ to ensure this help can continue.

The only way you can claim any sort of redress is if the negative marker with the credit agencies made you suffer a Quantifiable loss

Say a mortgage application was put off and any introductory offers have run out while you were waiting for the correction

I believe the case law to this will be Durkin v. DSG Retail

This is just my own opinion so do not take it as gospel

The only way you can claim any sort of redress is if the negative marker with the credit agencies made you suffer a Quantifiable loss

Say a mortgage application was put off and any introductory offers have run out while you were waiting for the correction

I believe the case law to this will be Durkin v. DSG Retail

This is just my own opinion so do not take it as gospel

i have just spoken with Lee and the admit an error and are removing the default. He asked for my expectations regarding compensation and I have based that on a similar event on here a couple of years ago with a very similar set of events so the bar has not been set too high. Realistically I would be awarded more in a court but if VF are wise they will settle before that is needed. In my line of work I have be credit checked before taking on a new role or when applying for a new job. Let's just say that their actions have impacted greatly on my current situations. I have been turned down for a number of things and have been restricted to the use of cash for some large but much needed items. Taking this into account along with the injury of credit (quoted by the judge in the Ruskin case I believe) added to my actual costs in time and money, my guideline to VF is quite conservative . I will update once a figure has been agreed.

It is about time these companies were brought to task in destroying peoples lives

This is the problem now with automatic decisions. The computer says you are in error so you must be.

No manual intervention what so ever

What ever happened to good old customer service where reps could make decisions themselves and address and resolve the customer complaint?

Well I gave VF until today to make an offer of compensation.

As I suspected nothing.

myself and my pal a recently retired lawyer are putting a case together for the small claims for compensation.

In addition we are putting a nice pack of data to the ICO and once the SAR is with me we will add to their pain.

I will not and none of you should not be beaten!

VF need to pop up to Edinburgh very soon and explain to a court what they have done and why.

My evidence (some from Lowell!) will shock the court and after a lot of effort and time justice will be done.

It's a real shame that even though companies like VF know you have all the evidence they still believe you will back off.

My advice, if you have the proof then why not pay a few quid to give then a wee smack on the cheek,

Got an email from Lee at VF last night with a major offer of £50+VAT.

He said the default should of been on my file in March 2008 but due to an error t did not go on until 2012. This means that even though it was on my file a whole 4 years after the event (is this allowed ). That would mean it should of been removed in April 2014 and not August 2015 17 months after it should have been removed. I have no option now but to pass this onto the ICO and take VF to court. I am astonished that they can by letter and email admit to these errors but think the actually did very little wrong.

If you wish to involve the ICO, you should do that as a standalone issue. If you were to take court action whilst the ICO investigate, I believe they would not be able to look at your case.

If the ICO did find in your favour, I don't believe they have the power to order compensation. That would be down to the telecoms Ombudsman.

If you were to take court action, you would need to evidence your actual losses as well as arguing the compensation factor. Bit of a minefield but the small claims court is (supposed to be) easier for the layman.

Got an email from Lee at VF last night with a major offer of £50+VAT.

He said the default should of been on my file in March 2008 but due to an error t did not go on until 2012. This means that even though it was on my file a whole 4 years after the event (is this allowed ). That would mean it should of been removed in April 2014 and not August 2015 17 months after it should have been removed. I have no option now but to pass this onto the ICO and take VF to court. I am astonished that they can by letter and email admit to these errors but think the actually did very little wrong.

Can they really get away with adding to my file 4 years after the default?

• 2 weeks later...

In reply to my SAR they have said they can't provide unless I supply evidence of my address and the 40 days will start once I have re-submitted this . They have written to me twice at my address, myself and Lee have had many phone and email chats . I assume they can request this or are they playing for time? Help!

I'm afraid this is standard for VF. They did the same to me when I challenged them for my daughter. It is my belief that this is deliberate to allow them more time. But for what.

I sent them 3 documents for my daughter and a copy of my passport. That did the trick.

I assume your next question will be 'how can they get away with it' The answer from them is that they have to ensure that the protocols of the Data Protection Act are followed. Amazing considering how little they care about your data.

• 3 months later...

A pleasing update.

The ICO have told me and Vodafone that they breached parts 1 and 4 of the DPA in addition experian

kept the default on file for a month longer than VF,s wrong date.

So they are both going to the small claims court.

Experian haves hit themselves and called me asking for a £ number(I have left it to them to start the ball rolling) worse for them I got the FOS to wrote to them and they did not respond in thev8 weeks given. The FOS are not happy! VF as usual care not but bathe court will I know it's a long hard slog (a year in this case) but it's worth it in the end. Thanks to the ICO case assesment I am on a win win! Look forward to making this site a very thankful donation very soon!