UKPCS parking charge n1 claim form sent please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this site and have been reading through a few threads and thought this would be the best place to come for some much needed advice.

My partner was issued a parking fine from ukpcs Ltd over a year ago in a retail park.

After doing a quick Google search I found ignoring them to be the best course of action

as it was to my understanding that only the council or police could issue such fines.

We had the usual letters described by others on these forums.

We have since moved house and passed by to collect post

which had a claim form issued to us stating for us to go to court

and the total amount has now gone up to £300?

The date of issue on this letter is 14 July 2015

so I'm guessing we've already gone past the 14 day response time slot.

I'm really angry about this but a little worried for it to have gone this far ?

Please any advice on what our next steps should be would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you would just be outside the acknowledgement period allowed. Phone the court to advise that you have only just got the court claim, as it was sent to your previous address. Ask whether you can still acknowledge and defend if necessary.

Then come back for more advice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you ever so much for your advice. I will call them tomorrow and see what I can do from here.

They allow 5 days service for the claim to be received and then 14 days, so you are about a week late with acknowledgement, so it depends on whether the court can help by allowing more time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

shouldn't be a problem

one thing

its NOT A FINE

nowhere does their or the courts paperwork state that word

easily defended

why don't you pop up on MCOL website

and see if you can ack [AOS} the claim

that will tell you if its out of time for you too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi thanks I will have a look into this a bit more.

I'm confused because this claim form doesn't actually seem to state that I must go to a small court

and if it does I can't see when or where I should be going.

It's stating things like "ifs and buts, maybes" etc.

Is this an official document that I must reply to ?

On the claim form it's requesting that I fill out what I see as very personal information such as my bank balance ?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just really confused by if all.

I want to know if this document is actually a court summon or more bully boy tactics.

I don't want to call them without getting my facts straight first incase

I cause more trouble upon myself when I don't see this as fair to begin with.

Many thanks x

Sounds like a court claim form. Phone the court and see if you can acknowledge given it went to an old address.

title of the thread says N1

if its an N1 the get up on MCOL and ack it.

dx

and they

This is a CLAIM form and as such you can respond by agreeing that all the money is owed,

some of it is owed or nothing at all.

If you tick the first 2 boxes then you will be admitting liability and have to pay up without necessarily getting any further opportunities to argure.

If you contest the claim then you tick that box and the processing centre will inform the claimant and an allocation for court time will be made upon the payment of another fee.

If you do not submit a defence within a month of the issue of the N1 then it may be considered that the claim stands as written so you will need to get the Acknowledgement made immediately with explanation about old address being used for service (some parking co's will deliberately sstill sne dstuff to old address in the hope you dont get it and they win by default).

When you have done that come back and tell us the circumstances so we can put forward a skeleton defence

. Knowing what the claim says word for word would be helpful as UKPCS are normally careless in many areas.

Hi, thanks everyone for helping me with this.

I've tried to phone up to make acknowledgement immediately

however I wasn't able to as it's all automated.

I will fill in the relevant forms today and post them out stating that this letter was sent to an old adress so I wasn't able to respond.

I can't upload a photo of the claim form but this is what it says

Claim is for an outstanding parking charge issued to a vehicle registered to the defendant for parking on private land.

This private land is managed by ukpcs Ltd and vehicles parked at the site are subject to parking restrictions

which are set out on signs at the site, whereby motorists entering the land form a contract between the driver of the vehicle and UKCPS ltd .

The defendant or a driver parked the vehicle on the land.

Or the keeper who may not have been the driver or alternatively has not chosen to name the driver and is therfore responsible for payment as required under schedule 4 of the protection of freedom act 2012.

By parking on this land a driver contractually agrees to pay a charge of 100.

The amount remains unpaid and stands at 100 plus an additional 50 fixed costs and 125 for solicitor fees

and disbursements incurred by their client,

whereby the solicitor charges a set fee of 125 to the client for collecting the debt.

The claim is for 275.

It then goes on to say I owe a 25 court fee which brings it to 300.

I hope that is of some use to anyone.

My partner parked in a free parking park outside a retail park.

The 2 hour free maximum stay charge.

Admittedly was in a rush and couldn't find parking so parked outside the shop he needed to use.

The car wasn't blocking any other vehicles or obstructing anyone else

. As it was over a year ago now I've almost forgotten what it was for but I believe it was of this nature

. The car was there for less than 10 minutes.

Hi, thanks everyone for helping me with this. I've tried to phone up to make acknowledgement immediately however I wasn't able to as it's all automated. I will fill in the relevant forms today and post them out stating that this letter was sent to an old adress so I wasn't able to respond. I can't upload a photo of the claim form but this is what it says

Claim is for an outstanding parking charge issued to a vehicle registered to the defendant for parking on private land. This private land is managed by ukpcs Ltd and vehicles parked at the site are subject to parking restrictions which are set out on signs at the site, whereby motorists entering the land form a contract between the driver of the vehicle and UKCPS ltd . The defendant or a driver parked the vehicle on the land. Or the keeper who may not have been the driver or alternatively has not chosen to name the driver and is therfore responsible for payment as required under schedule 4 of the protection of freedom act 2012. By parking on this land a driver contractually agrees to pay a charge of 100. The amount remains unpaid and stands at 100 plus an additional 50 fixed costs and 125 for solicitor fees and disbursements incurred by their client,whereby the solicitor charges a set fee of 125 to the client for collecting the debt. The claim is for 275.

It then goes on to say I owe a 25 court fee which brings it to 300. I hope that is of some use to anyone. My partner parked in a free parking park outside a retail park. The 2 hour free maximum stay charge. Admittedly was in a rush and couldn't find parking so parked outside the shop he needed to use. The car wasn't blocking any other vehicles or obstructing anyone else. As it was over a year ago now I've almost forgotten what it was for but I believe it was of this nature. The car was there for less than 10 minutes.

Have you tried to acknowledge online. It tells you how to do this on the form.

If you sent it in and it goes into a backlog, you could end up with a default CCJ !

go up on the MCOL website mentioned on the claimform.

create/register as an individual user

then note the long number given back.

using those just created details- log-in to MCOL.

click respond to a claim. select the AOS box

then using the required details from the claimform

ack the claim defend all

at the end of the information box on the mid righthand side

there is a password - is it there?

and they

no but ack the claim defend all

leave juris unticked

your defence will be filed later if someone finds one.

dx

and they

is the car park local to you? if so get down there and photograph the signs at the entrance and any that are generally around the car park. Also photogrph the place outside the shop where your car was parked. This will help us to try and determione whether the signage is compliant. Also, tell us where the site is so we can suggest other methods of defeating this claim as they dont mention what the breach is supposed to have been.

I also note that they are adding a £50 for no reason that can be determined as the £100 charge is supposed to cover all of their losses. That is a minor point but may well persuade a judge that they havent actually made any real attempt to determine what their losses are.

Ericsbrother, thank you. Yes it is local to me I was thinking about this earlier that I should go down. I will go and take photos and will upload them to show. I feel stressed about it all now. The advice used to be ignore and now has since changed. Obviously this doesn't help me now I know that but I feel like nothing was actually done wrong.

Dizzy, don't beat yourself up. Lots of people have ignored PPCs and it's worked outwith the help of people here. The guys know what they're doing and will guide you through this.

Parking companies don't often do court and they come off very badly a lot of the time when they do.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi honeybee13 thank you I appreciate that. I must admit my anxiety has gone down a bit since talking to everyone on this forum. Really grateful for all the help and advice. Hopefully it can all be sorted out soon enough.

the parking co's rely on you believeing that they have some kind of authority when they do not. They are suing you under contract law and they have to prove their claim, not you disprove it so they have a lot of hurdles to leap before they can make anything stick. When you have the info asked for we can offer some methods of making them sweat, even if they have the info it will cost them time and money they dont expect to spend as most people cave in and pay up and that is why they have added £50 for no good reason.

Thanks ericsbrother that's good to know. I couldn't manage to get down to the retail park yesterday but I'm going to down later today to upload pictures so I can see if everyone can help me with a defense. I did acknowledge yesterday and not heard anything back yet but want to get more needed advice of you guys so I'll make sure it's uploaded.

Hello again, I went to the place my partner parked and it wasn't the retail park I mentioned in the first post. That one was owned by another parking company altogether. Long story short found where my partner parked and it looks like a public road ? I can't work it out. I've taken photos to show so if people have any ideas how to help me further. Also taken a photo of the ukpcs sign to show. Is there a way to post photos directly onto this forum or do I have to provide links ? Tried setting up a flickr account but it's not playing ball.