Please help!!!! (child Tax credits)

Taniajow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My child Tax credits stopped on 23rd July without warning.

I phoned hmrc to be told I had to claim again.

Bearing in mind I have 4 children with no money for food electric etc.

I tried to apply for a crisis loan but was rejected because its nothing to do with DWP???

I have since claimed again and on Friday just gone

I received a text saying my claim is been processed and it can take 3 weeks!!!!

i phoned hmrc to see if I could get a interim payment because I am living on £48 a week, to be told I don't fit the criteria

and I must be on the verge of eviction or domestic violence!!!!

I have now had to ask citizens.

Advice for a voucher for food,

where do I turn to next????

Local councils now deal with crisis...situations, though each authority has their own rules on what they can and can't provide, but it's best to contact them and see what they can do for you.

I guess this was because you didn't/forgot to renew your tax credits award before the end of July?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Does your partner have any income? are there any other benefits you can claim? You should at the least, be getting child benefit for the 4 kids, which should total £61.80. Were you getting any income based benefits - income support, jsa or esa?

I have searched since 8am this morning and no one can/will help me!! The truth is refugees and drug addicts can get help with lots

No, this isn't true. Refugees get far less and drug addicts are entitled to the same help as you. don't believe the propaganda spewed forth by the ill informed.

• Confused 1

That's what it looks like though. In a crisis you either need to be subject to domestic violence, getting evicted, or a refugee to get a interim payment from tax credits

No. Being a refugee does not entitle you to an interim payment from Tax Credits. Nor does being a drug addict, for that matter.

I'm sorry you don't feel you're getting anywhere here, but this is a difficult situation for strangers on the internet to help with. I've been there myself, and if you were my friend or neighbour I would give you food. But the avenues available to people in your situation, which I fully acknowledge is no less distressing simply because it's temporary, are somewhat limited. In fact, they're limited (at least in part) because people are afraid that someone "undeserving", like, say, a refugee or a drug addict, might actually get some help.

Others have already suggested the main potential sources of help: local authorities or food banks. Are any readers of this thread aware of any other sources of crisis help - say, local charities, for example?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

That's not the case though I really can not be bothered with this ATM . I was asking for advice not having a debate. It's like banging my head on a brick wall.

We can't point you to help that's not there. I wish I did know of an avenue open to you, but sadly the gov has been cutting additional assistance. A couple of years ago you could have got a crisis loan, but those aren't available from the dwp any more.

Please don't get angry with people trying to help you, just because you've heard the answers before and they don't work for you. We're neither mind readers or magicians.

We also weren't trying to debate, just informing you of your error. Refugees subsist on very little until their asylum application is approved, then any monies from the home office stop and they have to put in brand new benefit claims, which take longer than yours will due to the complexity. Yes sometimes they get a payment to prevent hardship, but this might be after many weeks have passed with no income whatsoever.

I am not angry at anyone and if it came across like it did I really didn't mean to. I don't think I'm entitled to or are better than any other person whatever there situation!!! I'm sorry if it came across In a negative manner!!!

have either or your partner been in armed forces, if so, you could try British Legion

or do you belong to any churches?

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.