Tax return issue

pugilist
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

May be anyone can advise me what to do next. I still didn't get my tax return money and I can't understand why. 6th Jul 2015 I sent this message to HM Revenue and Customs:

Dear Sirs,

My Tax Return documents for the year ended 5 April 2015 were posted to you on the 5th of May 2015, today is the 6th of July 2015, but I still have not got my tax return money. Can you please update me on the situation? I need to know what's happening, why I still haven't received the money and when can I have my money.

I sent this letter to the following address:

Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment

HM Revenue and Customs

BX9 1AS

It's been more than one month since the 6th of July, but they didn't reply me in any way. What should I do next?

Hello there.

Do you mean that you're expecting a tax refund after you submitted your tax return please, or is it something else?

HB

Hi, Honeybee!

Yes, that is correct - I am expecting a tax refund after I submitted my tax return.

It would be unlikely to get the money before now as they dont start looking at the online returns until July. If you sent in paper tax returns it could well be next Feb. Although they often move quickly, especially of you complain correctly they are not abliged to refund you aything they owe yet but if they delay unreasonably there was a court case back in 1998 that decided what an unreasonable delay is and then you can claim interest.

It would be unlikely to get the money before now as they dont start looking at the online returns until July. If you sent in paper tax returns it could well be next Feb. Although they often move quickly, especially of you complain correctly they are not abliged to refund you aything they owe yet but if they delay unreasonably there was a court case back in 1998 that decided what an unreasonable delay is and then you can claim interest.

Previous years I got my money well before July.

I did it online as usual.