BankFodder BankFodder

keego999

lifestyle fitness/harlands/south shields

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1695 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wrote an email in february to harlands asking to cancel my partners membership at the end of the 12 month period. I gave them her name and account number (which was wrong as I used unique pin from lifestyle fitness). however i asked them if they needed any more infomation to let me know and i will give it. They got back to me and stated the member ship would be cancelled, the last payment taken in march and use of the facilities upto april.

I also cancelled mine at a later date in the same manner and again using the wrong account number. however they got back to me and stated it would be cancelled and no further payments will be taken. this was done correctly however my partners was not.

In july i realised they were still taking payments from my account for my partners membership. I contacted harlands over the phone and they stated they had no evidence of this email I sent. I had also sent multiple emails to harlands during this dispute, around 6 questioning and asking for reasons and not one email was responded to from harlands.

I proceeded to contact my bank who advised me to open an indemnity claim against harlands to recieve the money back that had been taken for the months of march to july which i did.

I have since been contacted from harlands on the 3/08/15 stating to repay this balance and remove the indemnity claim otherwise an admin of 25 pound would be added if not done in the next 14 working days. I planned to contact harlands the following day. however I recieved another letter the following day stating that because i had not withdrew this the 25 pound admin fee had been added. this letter was dated 4/08/15. Some 14 working days that was.

I have since phoned harlands who do nothing but pass me through to credit resolutions. The man i spoke to at credit resolutions asked me to send all evidence of the emails i have sent to the email i have provided which i have done on 06/08/15 so have not recieved anything back as of yet.

The way harlands act is unproffesional and they have no customer service skills what so ever. So i have no reason to believe my evidence is going to get anywhere.

in the meantime i am writing on this forum to recieve any advice over what i should do next and what powers harlands and credit resolutions carry to take this money.

An example of the poor customer service is when i told the lady at harlands over the phone "i have sent an email to yous asking for membership cancellation in february", she says "you never sent me an email".... obviously not idiot woman im talking about the company that you work for and are currently representing on the phone lol!

Hi Keego and welcome to CAG

Stop talking to Harlands and/or the gym as this will get you nowhere. If they call you, tell them "In writing only !", then hang up.

If any amount was taken by Harlands by DD after you had made the final payments, reclaim these using the DD Guarantee Scheme.

If Harlands don't like that, tough !! You don't need their consent or approval to get the DD pay'ts back.

Harlands and CRS are the same outfit in the same office. They can add all the admin fees they want - this does not alter the fact that they are both unlawful and unenforceable.

You should read other threads here to see how Harlands/CRS operate and how we challenge them.

1. Do you copies of all emails sent to, and received from, Harlands/CRS.

2. How many months have you and/or your partner had DD's taken beyond the cancellation dates.

3. What amounts have been taken from you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

here is the email i originally sent...

Dear Edited

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that your final payment will be taken on the 5th March, your membership will automatically be cancelled after this.

You will have access to the facilities until the 5th April.

Should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

For all Enquiries Call Harlands : 01444 449166 () Quote Reference : edited

Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm

Yours sincerely,

Harlands

Subject: In regards to lifestyle fitness membership

To: cservice

Sent: 1 FEB 15 17:16:30

Hi I have a 12 month direct debit contract with lifestyle fitness which I would like to cancel at the end of the period to prevent it becoming a rolling direct debit, the name of the lifestyle fitness member is edited and the membership number is edited. If anymore details are required please let me know, thanks

The payments they had continued taking were, April, May, June, July for £17.99 each

These are the only payments I have reclaimed from the bank in an indemnity claim,

i have removed full email adresses from post as it wont let me post without a 10 count of posts.

thanks

Edited by slick132
gym member names and a/c no. edited

Hi Keego,

I've edited out the names and a/c .no from the post above to retain anonymity.

I don't think you need do any more about this, other than get the DD's back from the bank.

Let Halands/CRS write and demand if they want, so long as they aren't harassing you at all by phone.

You have proof of them accepting your cancellation. If they are so inept that they can't see why you're getting the DD's repaid under the DDG Scheme, that's their problem.

Ultimately, if they were to take court action (highly unlikely), you have adequate proof to win in court.

I would waste little time on them.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)