You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Ragnbone

Travel Expenses refund a sign?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1795 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I got my refund of £5 for milage when I had to get a taxi due to my illness. All recipts were sent.

Is this half cut refund a sign saying I have failed the Atos Medical?

Do I bother chasing up the rest of the money owed and if yes how do I do this?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

No it's not a sign of anything.

Are you saying that they didn't refund the full taxi fare?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

From Citazens advice

Can you get help with travel costs to the face-to-face assessment?

The assessment provider will pay your travel costs if you attend a face-to-face assessment. When they send you the appointment, they will also include a travel expenses claim form. After you have attended, you can return the form in the envelope provided.

You can also claim travel expenses for a companion or carer, and for young children who would otherwise be left alone.

Travel expenses include public transport fares or travel by private car. In some circumstances, if you get approval in advance from the assessment provider, you can also claim for taxi fares.

Travel expenses can include costs such as parking, tolls and congestion charges, but they must be for the journey to or from the assessment.

You can't claim travel expenses before you attend the assessment. You can't claim other costs such as meals or loss of earnings.

-------------------

Did you get permission to use a taxi?

They may have just sent enough to cover the public transport fee

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

No it's not a sign of anything.

Are you saying that they didn't refund the full taxi fare?

They never refunded the full taxi fare no.

From Citazens advice

Can you get help with travel costs to the face-to-face assessment?

The assessment provider will pay your travel costs if you attend a face-to-face assessment. When they send you the appointment, they will also include a travel expenses claim form. After you have attended, you can return the form in the envelope provided.

You can also claim travel expenses for a companion or carer, and for young children who would otherwise be left alone.

Travel expenses include public transport fares or travel by private car. In some circumstances, if you get approval in advance from the assessment provider, you can also claim for taxi fares.

Travel expenses can include costs such as parking, tolls and congestion charges, but they must be for the journey to or from the assessment.

You can't claim travel expenses before you attend the assessment. You can't claim other costs such as meals or loss of earnings.

-------------------

Did you get permission to use a taxi?

They may have just sent enough to cover the public transport fee

I filled out the form from reception with recipts for the taxis. I was told on the phone I could get a taxi and claim expenses if I need to so I did. They did just refund me for a bus I think. Absolutely disgraceful. I had to go with someone and not public transport because of my illness.