Question about Tax return

Ricar

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, I have a question about a tax return. I am new in UK and I started to work at Domino's in 2014 june. It's my first job in the UK but from the very first month I was overpaying tax because of the wrong tax code which was simply "BR". I was paying all together ~260 pounds ( PAYE ~210 , NI ~50). At the start of december my manager gave a call to HMRC and they changed it to appropriate code. They've also told him that they will give me back what I've overpayed, but manager forgot to ask when that will happen. Hopefully one of the guys at work used to work for NI and told me that they should send me a tax return check around july 2015. My colleague at work already received her tax return check but I'm still waiting and it's august. I was wondering if it's possible that there is some kind of delay or should I try giving them a call? From what the guy who worked for NI said that I don't need to fill anything or call them, just wait.

What normally happens is as long as you stay employed the correct tax and NI calculations are done and passed on to your employers payroll dept via the real-time tax system and you will either get a rebate via your pay or an adjustment so you pay less tax for the rest of the year. If that doesnt sort the matter out you have to fill out a claim form for a rebate. Check your tax code on your pay slip, if it was not 1060L up to Mar 2015 tell us what it is.

As you have now crossed into a second tax year the code should be either adjusted to something like 1500K or you shopuld have received another notice of coding at 1100L and a cheque as most were sent out about a week ago (might be a delay depending on how many they process in a month).

You may need to speak to your pay office and get them to chase up the coding notice and then ask the tax office for your refund.

What normally happens is as long as you stay employed the correct tax and NI calculations are done and passed on to your employers payroll dept via the real-time tax system and you will either get a rebate via your pay or an adjustment so you pay less tax for the rest of the year. If that doesnt sort the matter out you have to fill out a claim form for a rebate. Check your tax code on your pay slip, if it was not 1060L up to Mar 2015 tell us what it is.

As you have now crossed into a second tax year the code should be either adjusted to something like 1500K or you shopuld have received another notice of coding at 1100L and a cheque as most were sent out about a week ago (might be a delay depending on how many they process in a month).

You may need to speak to your pay office and get them to chase up the coding notice and then ask the tax office for your refund.

The tax code for last tax year, 2014/15 was 1000L.

The tax code for this current tax year, 2015/16 is 1060L.

1100L will not apply until April 2016.

It is impossible to have a tax code of 1500K. A K Code is when you have untaxed income greater than your personal allowance and the K would be at the start.