Problems with Amazon

childer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Can anyone give me any advise with regards to a problem with Amazon.co.uk ?

Two orders were placed 1st Aug for £4000 worth of camera equipment and two hoses for a washing machine. On the day of delivery (2nd Aug), waiting in for goods, I check my Amzon tracking which states items delivered. I check outside etc. Nothing.

A call is made to Amazon, who say call back tomorrow. The next day (3rd Aug) I followed this up and was offered a full replacement for both orders. I refuse on the grounds that I will be away on holiday. So refund for the hoses £10 is made and a request is sent to another dept for the rest - £4000 due to value.

5 Aug I call back and now I am told their investigation dept is looking into this and they will refund when they are done.

Today I was on hold for 40 mins after speaking to Amazon cs because I wanted to speak to a manager, who didn't say anything more than Amazon cs. He could not tell me how long this investigation would go on for. I said, its really doesnt matter what the investigation outcome is - the goods were not delivered or signed for by anyone. I went on to say amazon is responsible for the condition of the goods until the goods are received by the consumer.

I dont know what to do.

Thanks

Dan

Edited by childer

Yes I would think that there would be an investigation regarding £4000 of goods that a buyer is stating not received, because they have a big problem - either they were stolen by someone in the delivery chain, by a neighbour the goods were left with, or (no accusations, just saying how amazon see it) the buyer is lying about non receipt. So yes they have to investigate - particularly for this amount of money - they aren't just going to refund it. I would expect an investigation to take weeks.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

If you paid by credit card, contact the cc company and make a section 75 claim or a charge back from the bank if paid by debit card.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro,

Thank you for your reply.

I wish I had paid by mastercard now. Shouldn't have to think on my toes, especially when buying from Amazon. I will give Barclays a call tomorrow.

Thank you for your advise.

Hi

Just an update.

They sent an email 07/08/15 stating they will need 5 business days to complete investigation and will get back with an update then.

Which is Friday 14th. This would be 14 days since placing order.

Does anybody now if the charge back is time sensitive ?

Thanks

120 days from when you discover the problem.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

When I had a similar problem, the bank refunded and got the money back when amazon sorted it. I did it all by phone but the link above says you need a letter.

I'd wait and see what amazon say tomorrow and if it isn't resolved, approach the bank.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro for your reply.

Just spoke to Amazon- who again state, wait another 2-3 days.

Called Barclays who said you need to wait 15 days after expected delivery date, which is this Monday.

Both about the same time then if not sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
give amazon a deadline. if they don't refund you you can do a charge back, i do hope this is of some help :)

Helpful? It might be worth considering you have posted 2 weeks after the OP had posted (the post above yours) that Amazon had given him a refund.

So, yes, the OP could give Amazon a deadline, even one just under 2 weeks in the past, and it might force Amazon to give the OP the refund they've already got....... useful if the OP has a TARDIS!.

It might be a useful post though ... albeit only useful for 'padding' your post count with (I suggest) pointless 1 line replies on threads ......

Hi

Just a late update.

It turns out Barclays meant Tuesday not Monday. So 5:30pm Monday Amazon made the full refund, less than 24hrs before I could as Barclays for a chargeback.

Best regards