You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thanks @dx100uk here's the completed questionnaire and redacted screen shots of the correspondence are being attached (piecemeal apologies can't seem to reduce the file size)! Will go and acknowledge service of the claim online now. I very much dispute this claim and want to challenge it, surely OPS' failure to comply with BPA grace periods alone is enough of a defence?    Name of the Claimant : XXXXXX    Claimants Solicitors: Gladstones Solicitors Limited   Date of issue – 6th July 2020   Date for AOS – 24th July 2020   Date to submit Defence – 6th August   What is the claim for – The driver of the vehicle with registration XXXXX (the “vehicle”) parked in breach of the terms of parking stipulated on the signage (the “Contract”) at Broadwater Street West P&D Worthing BN14 9DE, on XX/XX/2019 thus incurring the parking charge (the “PCN). The PCN was not paid within 28 days of issue. The Claimant claims the unpaid PCN from the Defendant as the driver / keeper of the Vehicle. Despite demands being made, the Defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability. THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £100 for the PCN, £60.00 contractual costs pursuant to the the Contract and PCN terms and conditions, together with statutory interest of £13 pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8.00% oer annum, continuing at £0.04 per day.    What is the value of the claim?   £248 
    • the 5.1 is better for that solo from jeff   if you go that way again get pictures of all the signs inc the small print where they are  and the machine ones. and the view from the public road 
    • Hi dx100uk,    OK will do, I'll wait for that possible stage to come and keep this updated when I can.   I didn't buy a parking ticket.   Kal   ...       Way off topic but I love your profile pic, gonna listen now and allow Jeff Beck to send shivers down my spine in his epic WGW P3 solo ✌️    
    • Apologies, misunderstanding on my part. I was thinking of a shop called Cotswold. Please ignore me.   HB
    • 1st Draft - reviewed several statements    I was a bit unsure about adding more about the section 78, although they took a very long time the did provide the CCA - any help appreciated    In The *******County Court Claim No. ********* Between **********Claimant and *************** Defendant     I am the defendant in this case and make this Witness statement in support of my defence in this claim. The matters set out below are within my own knowledge, except where I indicate to the contrary.   1. It is my understanding that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct disputed or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed ...10p to 15p in the £1 and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income. Idem Capital securities issue claims to circumvent and claim the full amount of debt to maximise profit.    2. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchase’s debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.   3. It is accepted that I have in the past had financial dealings with HBOS. That being a Credit card Agreement.   4. After seeking advice this led me to check all paperwork I held with creditors, from this I could not find any Credit Agreement relating to the account the claimant is referring to.   6. I therefore sought clarification and requested copies of the agreements from the claimant by way of a section 78 request for the alleged amount.    7. A Letter before claim pursuant to Pre Action Protocol was issued by the claimant 06/09/2019. I made a request for the following documents:   ·         A copy of the Default Notice ·         A copy of the Notice of assignment ·         A complete set of statements detailing exactly how the debt has accrued detailing ·         All transactions ·        Any additional charges applied since the account was terminated ·         A statement  of all payments received.   The claimant to date has failed to comply completely with my request and has not provided me with the required Default Notice.      8 .On the 13/11/19 the claimant issued a claim form through the county court business centre. On receipt of the claim form I made a CPR 31.14 request.    9. A CPR 31.14 request was sent 25/11/2019 via Royal Mail signed for and shows as received 27/11/19. A Request for the following documents was made:   ·            Default Notice ·            Full statement of account     The claimant to date has failed to comply and disclose the default notice.   Conclusion   To date no Default Notice has been produced.    The claimant has still yet to comply with my CPR 31.14 request with regard to clarity of any valid default notice issued, as yet I have never received an original or seen a copy of a valid default notice from the claimant.   Arbitration confirmed that the claimant could not produce the Default notice document    Therefore for the above reasons the claim bought by the claimant is without merit and an abuse of the court process. It would be far more gracious and forthright for the claimant to admit that they do not have possession of the correct valid paperwork and this is an attempt to convince the court that the claimant can disclose the legal valid documents on which its claim relies on.   Until such time the claimant can comply and disclose a Default Notice they are not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 87 (1) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974.    I **********, the defendant, believe that the facts stated in the witness statement are true.     Signed…………………………. Dated……………………………
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
childer

Problems with Amazon

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1767 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

Can anyone give me any advise with regards to a problem with Amazon.co.uk ?

Two orders were placed 1st Aug for £4000 worth of camera equipment and two hoses for a washing machine. On the day of delivery (2nd Aug), waiting in for goods, I check my Amzon tracking which states items delivered. I check outside etc. Nothing.

A call is made to Amazon, who say call back tomorrow. The next day (3rd Aug) I followed this up and was offered a full replacement for both orders. I refuse on the grounds that I will be away on holiday. So refund for the hoses £10 is made and a request is sent to another dept for the rest - £4000 due to value.

5 Aug I call back and now I am told their investigation dept is looking into this and they will refund when they are done.

Today I was on hold for 40 mins after speaking to Amazon cs because I wanted to speak to a manager, who didn't say anything more than Amazon cs. He could not tell me how long this investigation would go on for. I said, its really doesnt matter what the investigation outcome is - the goods were not delivered or signed for by anyone. I went on to say amazon is responsible for the condition of the goods until the goods are received by the consumer.

I dont know what to do.

Thanks

Dan

Edited by childer

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've moved your post to a thread of your own in the online stores forum.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you, sorry for being a noob

Yes I would think that there would be an investigation regarding £4000 of goods that a buyer is stating not received, because they have a big problem - either they were stolen by someone in the delivery chain, by a neighbour the goods were left with, or (no accusations, just saying how amazon see it) the buyer is lying about non receipt. So yes they have to investigate - particularly for this amount of money - they aren't just going to refund it. I would expect an investigation to take weeks.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hi Estellyn,

Thank you for your reply.

I totally agree with your post and thank you for pointing out the possibilities.

If you paid by credit card, contact the cc company and make a section 75 claim or a charge back from the bank if paid by debit card.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro,

Thank you for your reply.

I wish I had paid by mastercard now. Shouldn't have to think on my toes, especially when buying from Amazon. I will give Barclays a call tomorrow.

Thank you for your advise.

Hi

Just an update.

They sent an email 07/08/15 stating they will need 5 business days to complete investigation and will get back with an update then.

Which is Friday 14th. This would be 14 days since placing order.

Does anybody now if the charge back is time sensitive ?

Thanks

120 days from when you discover the problem.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

When I had a similar problem, the bank refunded and got the money back when amazon sorted it. I did it all by phone but the link above says you need a letter.

I'd wait and see what amazon say tomorrow and if it isn't resolved, approach the bank.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro for your reply.

Just spoke to Amazon- who again state, wait another 2-3 days.

Called Barclays who said you need to wait 15 days after expected delivery date, which is this Monday.

Both about the same time then if not sorted.

What's Best for You?

Hi

Just a late update.

It turns out Barclays meant Tuesday not Monday. So 5:30pm Monday Amazon made the full refund, less than 24hrs before I could as Barclays for a chargeback.

Best regards

give amazon a deadline. if they don't refund you you can do a charge back, i do hope this is of some help :)

give amazon a deadline. if they don't refund you you can do a charge back, i do hope this is of some help :)

Helpful? It might be worth considering you have posted 2 weeks after the OP had posted (the post above yours) that Amazon had given him a refund.

So, yes, the OP could give Amazon a deadline, even one just under 2 weeks in the past, and it might force Amazon to give the OP the refund they've already got....... useful if the OP has a TARDIS!.

It might be a useful post though ... albeit only useful for 'padding' your post count with (I suggest) pointless 1 line replies on threads ......

Hi

Just a late update.

It turns out Barclays meant Tuesday not Monday. So 5:30pm Monday Amazon made the full refund, less than 24hrs before I could as Barclays for a chargeback.

Best regards