Ebay witholding funds/postage for sold item - help

James RM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds a bit odd.

Why are they witholding payment to you ? Think you need to ask for an explanation.

If you are supplying goods, do you make your terms clear to anyone buying to sell them on ? If they are breaching your terms, then you can look to take it further. E.g letter before action giving time for them to pay you or return goods. If this is not done, a court claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

tell us the full story

take it this is ebay?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, if you sell something via someone else, can they withhold payment for goods. more so the postage fee which has been paid by the purchaser. Or do I pay the postage fee and wait for up to 21 days to be reimbursed?

It's actually with ebay, can they legally withhold your funds for 21 days, more so the postage fees the buyer has already paid, or do I pay the postage and wait for up to 21 days to be reimbursed.?

Oh yes, should I have to wait 21 days to be reimbursed with postage fees, when the buyer has already paid them to ebay or can ebay withhold the fees?

Edited by citizenB

Seller details the goods purchase price plus postage. The buyers pays the relevant sum to the seller.

Your contract is with the seller that is selling on your goods. It is up to you to agree terms with the seller or you don't supply goods to them or use them.

I would not be happy waiting to be paid for goods I supplied, so i would be thinking whether i wanted to sell goods in this way or choose another way.

Nb. I am not a fan of the wasy EBay operate. I see too many problems.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I suspect you signed up to these terms with Ebay. It is a way for them to sit on money so they earn from it.

are you new to ebay/paypal

is this your first use?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, not really I have met their criteria, however they have a tendency to keep moving the goalposts, I have told them I do not have an issue with the money for the items, but I do have an issue with withholding the postage fees. Surely the seller shouldn't have to wait for 21 days for return of postage fees when the buyer has already paid them.

me thinks we aren't getting the full story here.

dx

and they

ah I've spotted it

you are using someone elses account aernt you...

so paypal/ebay have spotted thattheres an address mismatch from the owners account you are using.

in that case they can

as they do with new users.

just pay the price of the postage

and when it gets there

the funds will be released.

next time use your own ebay account?

dx

and they

Is it new

Is this your 1st sale?

You indicated earlier in a post if you sell something via someone.else

What did that mean please?

EBay have spotted something not right

and they

I'm not really interested what ebay have spotted , the "someone else" is ebay. I have sold many items on ebay, I do not use them any longer, I'm just trying to clarify a point. can they withhold postage payments made by the purchaser? that's the question.

I find it very odd that the seller has to pay the postage and have to wait any length of time to be reimbursed.

It would appear that they charge their fees on the entire monies collected by the seller, including the postage (which is something I find very wrong) so I guess, yes, they can with hold all the monies to do with a specific sale.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank citizenB, Great, that means ebay take a commission and in turn paypal take a commission, and they can still keep YOUR money for at least 21 days (Mmmmm more interest to their account).

I have asked ebay on numerous occasions about withholding postage payments, they won't answer the question and seem very evasive in answering the same. I'm still in talks with them at the moment, I have also pointed out nothing is ever sold until the money is in the possession of the seller ("sales of goods act R.O.T. retention of title")

Many thank for your assistance.