Help!! High value item not received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys I am in need of some advice

I made an expensive purchase online and today I checked my Royal Mail tracking number for it to say that my item had been delivered and signed for..I was at work and no one would be at my home and the signature I didn't recognise.

I returned from work earlier to a card in the porch off Royal Mail saying item was left next door..My neighbours who I am friendly with have said they have been given nothing from Royal Mail. So as it stands I have no parcel and potentially lost a lot of money.

I checked my sellers delivery method and it stated special delivery guaranteed..I have used this method before and am pretty sure that it states with this method that deliveries HAVE to be signed for by someone at the delivery address and CANNOT be left with anyone ever a neighbour..is this correct? Who do I contact first to explain the situation..royal mail or the online seller? The online company shut at 5 so I will not be able to call them until tomorrow anyway.

Could someone please help me .

Hi guys I am in need of some advice

I made an expensive purchase online and today I checked my Royal Mail tracking number for it to say that my item had been delivered and signed for..I was at work and no one would be at my home and the signature I didn't recognise.

I returned from work earlier to a card in the porch off Royal Mail saying item was left next door..My neighbours who I am friendly with have said they have been given nothing from Royal Mail. So as it stands I have no parcel and potentially lost a lot of money.

I checked my sellers delivery method and it stated special delivery guaranteed..I have used this method before and am pretty sure that it states with this method that deliveries HAVE to be signed for by someone at the delivery address and CANNOT be left with anyone ever a neighbour..is this correct? Who do I contact first to explain the situation..royal mail or the online seller? The online company shut at 5 so I will not be able to call them until tomorrow anyway.

Could someone please help me .

Speak to your local Royal Mail delivery people to find out who they left it with. In some areas it will be the same delivery person each day and they will be able to confirm who it was left with.

They do leave parcels with neighbours these days, which for high vale items i think it is a mistake.

Was there any insurance on the delivery ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi thanks for the reply I didn't purchase any insurance in the delivery but am pretty sure the seller Stated the item was fully insured..I have looked on the royal mail website and on there it says items under the special delivery method have to be signed for at the delivery address and not anyone else..it also says if I do not receive my item then I should contact the seller first .

Hi thanks for the reply I didn't purchase any insurance in the delivery but am pretty sure the seller Stated the item was fully insured..I have looked on the royal mail website and on there it says items under the special delivery method have to be signed for at the delivery address and not anyone else..it also says if I do not receive my item then I should contact the seller first .

But you had a card through the door saying it was left with a neighbour. Does it state a house number for the neighbour ? Do you have more than 1 neighbour ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yeah it states the number and thats the neighbour I have asked and they haven't been left anything for me they say..yes I did have a card though the door to which I knocked my neighbours door..

Royal Mail phone line shuts at 6 I believe so I will have to wait until the morning to see what they say.

So either

Postman stole the item or put the card through the door by mistake and could not in the end leave parcel with neighbour.

Neighbour stole the item or another member of their family took the item in and has put it somewhere, then gone out.

Postman wrote the neighbours house number down wrongly and it is with the neighbour the other side of you

I thnk the item will turn up and you will have to find out tomorrow, if it is not found tonight.

If Royal Mail broke conditions for delivery, a claim against them. Nothing to do with the seller.

I would suspect the card was posted thru your door before they even checked a neighbour was around.

I've had that twice before now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The contract is always between the seller and buyer. It will be for the seller to claim off Royal Mail, not the purchaser.

When the postman scans the Bar code on his PDA as delivered, The GPS position will also be uploaded as well as any signature obtained

Hi

Yeah there is a signature on he online tracking on the Royal Mail site and I do not recognise it..if Royal Mail insist my parcel was left and signed for by my neighbour surely they are in breach of their terms for the special delivery guaranteed service?

CAPQUEST would u suggest for me to phone the seller up tomorrow and explain what has happened?or shall I ring Royal Mail up first?

I will be on the phone to them first thing and I want them gps details..if the postman says it was left with the neighbour and they still insist they haven't got it what do I do then? Will the postman get into trouble for leaving it with neighbour?

I have been reading up about similar situations online and the general thing I'm reading is that the buyer must insist the seller refunds if the buyer can prove delivery wasn't as the terms dated from the seller..is this correct?

The postman will get into trouble if he left a special delivery with a neighbour as it is contrary to accepted procedure. This is exactly why they have that procedure in place

The responsibility of the buyer receiving the item is always with the seller. The contract is always between the seller and purchaser. Any third party involvement in that contract such as Royal Mail as a delivery medium is irrelevant.

Thanks for all your help I think this is how will go about things first thing in the morning..

1. Call Royal Mail and find out exactly what info they have in my delivery and If they confirm it was left with neighbour and if it was an explanation of why as it shouldn't of been and also where do i stand with them as I am currently out of pocket.

2.contact seller explain the situation and that I have spoken to Royal Mail and as my contract was with them I want a full refund if my parcel hasn't turned up by the end of the day.

I'm hoping it is a big mixup and the sorting office actually do have it

Most of the time there is always an innocent explanation to these matters so see why the local sorting office have to say first

You will not be able to demand a refund until 14 days have elapsed. Royal Mail will never consider anything as missing until then, even special delivery items

Update after you have spoken to Royal Mail in the morning before we start thinking worse case scenario.

No need to contact seller until you have more info as to the delivery

The addressee cannot claim against RM, only the sender.

For some reason, i thought the OP paid for the postage option, but of couse the seller arranged it.

Also the tracking says the package was delivered but not to the OP.

Here's an update

I firstly rang Royal Mail this morning and explained the situation and they said that under the tens of special delivery that my delivery should not have been left with the neighbour in any case..they set up an investigation and said they will respond in the form of a letter within 7-10 days..they advised me to contact the sender also and inform them.

I then rang the sender explained the situation again and I said where do we go from here as I explained my contract was with them and not Royal Mail and I want this matter sorted..they guy started to say in his words no that is rubbish then suddenly stopped and said "oh hang on" realising that I could be right..he asks me to send him via email the card that the postman left through my door which says PARCEL LEFT AT 66..And said we will try and sort this matter out for me.

I have sent the image of th card through to them and am just waiting for a response

Ps the parcel has not turned up yet

Why did they simply not ask the postman while you are on the phone. Give them a call again in the morning and say you will hang on while they ask the postman on the sorting room floor where he left the item

Tip

When you phone ask to be put through to the line managers office, your call would have originally been answered by the public callers office