Ghost ticketing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want help from members here.

I recently got a ghost ticketing NTK myself knowing I didn't get any ticket on the windscreen.

So it's fightback time.

Let's get a list together of where this sort of activity takes place, The name of the PPC and the location of the site will suffice.

I'll be asking for volunteers sometime in the future to do a park while watching and videoing from somewhere on the site or by a dash cam.

I'm not very active on this forum so if you wish to drop me a pm it'll be fine, otherwise you can find me on Pepipoo.

or you are starting a campaign about it.

by looking at your passed posts.

it seems to me you are rather more informed than many....

urm....

I wonder if you really did get a ticket...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

or you are starting a campaign about it.

by looking at your passed posts.

it seems to me you are rather more informed than many....

urm....

I wonder if you really did get a ticket...

I got a friggin ticket. That is, they say I did, but I know I didn't.

Naturally the next thing that happens (in the required timescale) is that I got a NTK stating a ticket had been attached and now I'm too late to appeal, and the discounted period has gone too.

You will know from that, that this is a PPC who is in the IPA.

So, in response, yes; I am now starting a campaign. I want names, places etc so I can try and co-ordinate a site monitoring exercise. If ghost ticketing can be proven it should result in a PPC from being banned from the DVLA database.

So let me have any known details if you don't mind. Oh, and names of those who wouldn't mind "volunteering" to assist in the car parks near to them.

Let me make this clear.

I'm not asking for advice on how to handle this.

I can handle this well enough myself.

I only want any known ghost ticketing details to mount an action plan against any PPC's carrying out ghost ticketing.

This is private, they don't have to send anything.

I'm aware that they dont "have" to. But If they want to follow the process and rip people off, then they have to do it the correct way. They may as well not send a NTK either, and just take people to court.

Lynnzer. You can still appeal a NTK.

It just seems IMO pointless for them NOT to issue a NTD, since quite often, uninformed people would just pay a NTD, without the PPC having to go through the trouble of paying the DVLA for the information, and sending out the post. Not saying it doesn't happen.

I'm aware that they dont "have" to. But If they want to follow the process and rip people off, then they have to do it the correct way. They may as well not send a NTK either, and just take people to court.

Lynnzer. You can still appeal a NTK.

I posted a response to this only a couple of minutes ago.

I said that I'm not after help in dealing with it. I'm perfectly up to speed on these things.

I just want a list of ghost ticketing PPC's and sites to mount a campaign against them

In any case, you're wrong. The IPC members such as the one who did the deed on myself, only allow a 21 day period from issue of the NTD for appealing and for the discount.

Since details for a NTK aren't able to be obtained within that period it means they have you screwed up for maximum payment with no appeal.

Now, the particular PPC who "got me" pays commission on the self ticketing scheme operators for the amount of the charge that gets paid. So it makes perfect sense for them to place a ticket, take a photo, remove ticket and double the commission.

The people who do this are generally busybodies and snoopers out to make a quick buck.

See where I'm coming from now?

It just seems IMO pointless for them NOT to issue a NTD, since quite often, uninformed people would just pay a NTD, without the PPC having to go through the trouble of paying the DVLA for the information, and sending out the post. Not saying it doesn't happen.

Did that previous post of mine sink in yet.

Ticket allegedly left on the windscreen but isn't. Wait 28 days, send a NTK and the discount has gone. So has the appeal. In other words it's pay the full amount or face legal action.

So its a nice little earner to ghost ticket.

I posted a response to this only a couple of minutes ago.

I was writing the reply when you added your message so I didn't see it.

You should never appeal the NTD anyway. Should always wait for the NTK before sending an appeal.

According to the BPA code of practice, they need to offer a reduced rate of at least 40% for 14 days after the NTK was issued.

Not that any of that matters as you know so much, I'll leave you and your post alone now.

Did that previous post of mine sink in yet.

As said before, I didn't see the post as you posted it while I was writing it. No need to be a dick about it.

I was writing the reply when you added your message so I didn't see it.

You should never appeal the NTD anyway. Should always wait for the NTK before sending an appeal.

According to the BPA code of practice, they need to offer a reduced rate of at least 40% for 14 days after the NTK was issued.

Not that any of that matters as you know so much, I'll leave you and your post alone now.

I'm still learning so always listen.

As said before, I didn't see the post as you posted it while I was writing it. No need to be a dick about it.

No offence meant. Some folk who post often don't know all the ins and outs.

For what it's worth, the [problem] really applies best to IPA members as those in the BPA allow time enough for the keeper to appeal and accept a reduced payment.

It's scandalous that this state of affairs should be prevalent. The loss of the right to appeal, the loss of any discount. Where someone who legitimately thinks they have to pay up, they are being scammed. No other words to describe it really.

I'm still learning so always listen.

No offence meant. Some folk who post often don't know all the ins and outs.

For what it's worth, the [problem] really applies best to IPA members as those in the BPA allow time enough for the keeper to appeal and accept a reduced payment.

It's scandalous that this state of affairs should be prevalent. The loss of the right to appeal, the loss of any discount. Where someone who legitimately thinks they have to pay up, they are being scammed. No other words to describe it really.

Can't see a way to edit this post. There have been alterations to my post. The word $cams and $scammed have been replaced by Problem.

That's one of the prime reasons I don't use this forum. I much prefer Pepipoo where it all began and have just as knowledgeable people on there.

Can't see a way to edit this post. There have been alterations to my post. The word $cams and $[problem]med have been replaced by Problem.

That's one of the prime reasons I don't use this forum. I much prefer Pepipoo where it all began and have just as knowledgeable people on there.

Because there have been posts where people and companies have been named and those words used in the same sentence, it can sometimes be said in a libelous manner. AS moderation cannot be guaranteed instantly to remove such things that could cause the site problems, those words are automatically replaced by what you see. There has been no human intervention.

It affects all post whether innocently used or not.

Edited by Conniff

It's automatic sadly as we have to protect the forum which deals with wider issues the private parking

We often get posters stating this or that firm are doing them over and we can't allow that under libel guidelines

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have seen your user name mentioned on a parking company website

Where they state that some one used your information in defence to a invoice

The parking company won in court

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I think it was ParkingEye and the case was Fistral where they eventually got kicked off.

The appellant was an poorly informed lady who didn't understand the ins and outs and was faced with the usual deluge of documents from PE.

I tried to get one of the PPP people to assist in court, it being the other end of the country from myself, but couldn't manage.

Anyway, she said she was glad she gave it a try just the same. Just goes to show that PE employs fright tactics. I have cost them a lot more though, in won appeals, POPLA fees etc

I can't win them all though and even got stuck with a £2500 costs order defending a speeding fine where even the Home Office sent me confirmation that the device they caught me with wasn't approved for us in the manner it was being used.

Problem is that the CPS brought in Trevor Hall, ex ACPO.

Edited by honeybee13
Potential libel removed.

And that's why Pepipoo is best.

It's my allegation, not yours. If anyone is responsible for the comment it's myself.

I would refer you to site rule 3.12, Lynzzer.

I know what my signature means, I've used the same one for years. It's a motto that some people including myself like to use, it's generic. :)

Illegitimi non carborundum

The Parking Prankster has a lot of info about all of the shinanegans of these companies, it would make more sense to just pass on what you know to someone who is already well known by the parking co's and their trade associations. They will take more notice of anything they receive via that channel than sent in by someone unknown.