• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Making a Complaint about a bailiff to the MAGISTRATES COURT....this will land the DEBTOR in real trouble !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the past few months a large number of Facebook pages have been set up (mainly by Sovereign Citizen/Freeman on the Land activists). A common feature of these pages is the use of highly dubious methods of 'beating the bailiff'.

The most common feature, and one that is sadly costing debtors dearly is the advice to refuse to speak or correspond with the enforcement agent and instead, to pay the amount of the actual 'debt' (Liability Order, parking penalty notice, court fine) direct to the creditor (minus bailiff fees of course). From further reading it would appear that the reason for refusing to 'engage' with the enforcement company is that by 'engaging' the debtor becomes a 'joinder' and therefore is agreeing to a 'contract' being entered into (a daft Freeman on the Land theory and one that has no basis in law whatsoever).

A rather worrying suggestion that I have seen on quite a few of these sites recently is the advice to debtors to make a complaint about bailiff fees to the Magistrate's Court under the provision of Regulation 1 of the Magistrates Courts Act 1980. This is novel idea and one that again is being sold by 'Guru's' and has no basis whatsoever in law.

Of course as with all such scams, there is no evidence whatsoever of any court 'successes'. This is despite the highly inaccurate 'claims' on these Facebook pages that once the summons is laid before the Justice of the Peace that the Justice will either issue a summons directed to the bailiff requiring him to appear before the magistrates' court to answer the information or more ludicrously; that a warrant would be issued ordering the bailiff to be arrested and brought to court to answer the charges.

A copy of a recent 'template' is provided in the following post.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly it would be funny if it weren't so serious. I suppose this will be the next "money spinner for certain "law firms" :)

I suppose I am wasting my breath, baring in mind that it was here that I said that Mckenzie friends could not recover debtors costs and injunctions were inappropriate and dangerous in terms of possible costs(both found to be entirely accurate, sadly to some debtors cost).

This idea has absolutely no credibility and will not work, the reasons will no doubt be gone into in depth on this thread but basically, there are procedures for taking action in regards to EA malpractice laid down in the legislation and CPR and you are considering starting a criminal action which comes under the purview of the police and criminal enforcement agencies, it is not like a civil case.

It has been floating around the FMoTL forums for some years and is just complete nonsense.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Whilst i accept the previous comments, there must be situations where it is appropriate to lay information with a Magistrate regarding EA behaviour.

Therefore it cannot be a case of this being 100% the wrong way to proceed. But if people ever do go down this route, they should have a fully qualified registered Solicitor acting for them. Taking dodgy advice from internet sites and then expecting to be taken seriously by Magistrates is deluded.

We know that Police are reluctant to investigate EA's and there will be cases where some sort of civil court procedure is not sufficient to deal with the situation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry but not to muddy the waters here, there are no situations where representation should be made to a magistrates court, if someone considers that there has been a criminal offence you report the matter to the police.

Magistrates courts will not even look at an application in the form represented here. Or if they did the person making the proposition may well wish they hadn't.

EDIT of course I am referring to EA matters.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

These people will not listen to any other view or suggestion bar those that will suggest the action is unlawful, the Court is fake or they do not have to pay the fees or any other costs. They have to find out the hard way unfortunately and even then they will refuse to accept it. A prime example of this recently is the Crawford case that has been well played out on different forums & websites. Of course they can always pay using the latest banking details & new currency - the WeRe, but look where that has got some of them and the person who dreamt it up has apparently disappeared.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ive been told that marstons are deliberatly going after people who pay direct and send these letters in to court or company and forcing entry with a locksmith to make a point that it doesnt work. Mate of mine said 60 times forced entry was used last week... And furthermore they are being encouraged to use reasonable force more and more (ie foot in door) - referring to court fines here only by the way.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Time to spend reading replies about yet another notice that is allegedly wrong, just curious as to why so much energy is being spent on threads like this, simple advice go see a Solicitor, pure clean very simple:

Enough said

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Would have thought the reason was obvious, to prevent people from falling for another [problem] and loosing their money ?

Just curious as to why so much energy is being spent on threads like this, simple advice go see a Solicitor, pure clean very simple.

Please do not concern yourself MM about the amount of energy spent putting together this thread. It took very little of my time.

I also notice this morning that the thread has been picked up by SCOOP and that in less that 24 has received almost 500 viewings. If anyone does not wish to read it then please do not do so.

I think also knowledge is always a good thing, especially if it helps consumers avoid problems :)

Please do not concern yourself MM about the amount of energy spent putting together this thread. It took very little of my time.

I also notice this morning that the thread has been picked up by SCOOP and that in less that 24 has received almost 500 viewings. If anyone does not wish to read it then please do not do so.

I did not like the title of thread about lending debtor in trouble. If you want to educate people, perhaps creating fear is not the way.

I still think there will be situations where a debtor will want an EA to face investigation for criminal issues, where the Police are not interested. I thought the whole idea of laying information with a Magistrate was for them to decide based on the information, whether there was a case for the Police to be called to investigate. I thought this was an established right of citizens, where they felt that the Police were not upholding the law. But debtors in this situation should consult a Solicitor before they waste their time.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I did not like the title of thread about lending debtor in trouble. If you want to educate people, perhaps creating fear is not the way.

I still think there will be situations where a debtor will want an EA to face investigation for criminal issues, where the Police are not interested. I thought the whole idea of laying information with a Magistrate was for them to decide based on the information, whether there was a case for the Police to be called to investigate. I thought this was an established right of citizens, where they felt that the Police were not upholding the law. But debtors in this situation should consult a Solicitor before they waste their time.

In fact I had not known until this morning where this daft idea had come from. I really did think that they had been put together by one of the fmotl facebook group and this was on the basis of a similar notice that I have copied from one of the sites this morning. This second template encourages debtors to 'lay a complaint' to the Magistrates Court against a police officer under Section 26 of the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015. It is being said by those selling these ideas that courts are awarding payouts to debtors and that police are falling like flies to settle claims to avoid being arrested. This is sadly conning the public. There is not a shred of evidence that courts are rolling over or that police (or bailiffs) are settling any of these complaints.

On your point that the title of the thread may be harsh, I would disagree. If a complaint is laid in the Magistrates Court about either a police officer or a bailiff then without a shadow of a doubt the 'accused' would have legal representation and debtors will quickly find that this daft idea could land them with a significant cost order.

It can be filed under buyer beware best advice offered would seek a professional service like a Solicitor...

Also is worrying that the word FMOTL has not made its way in to this thread yet how come?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

FMOTL

There you go :)

Well if you were lucky the court would just ignore it.

There used to be a procedure under section 46 of the council tax regs for making complaint to the MC regarding an irregular levy, I think it went with the introduction of the TCE

There used to be a procedure under section 46 of the council tax regs for making complaint to the MC regarding an irregular levy, I think it went with the introduction of the TCE

The relevant regulation was indeed Regulation 46 of the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regs 1992 and this was repealed on 6th April 2014.

A 'Regulation 46' complaint was a very odd creature indeed and around 2008/9 I drafted quite a few of these but none were ever successful given that almost all Magistrates Courts around the country had little or any knowledge of the PROCEDURE that they should follow. I have looked back at notes on my computer on a few of these from that time and in once case with Canterbury Magistrates Court they advised the debtor that there was a 'court fee' of £350 to request the summons. Another Magistrate could quoted £225.

The complaint was one that allowed that if a debtor was 'aggrieved' by the 'levy' that they could lay a compliant at the Magistrates Court and that if the court considered that a grievance had been evidenced then the court would be responsible under Section 51 of the Magistrates Courts Act 1980 to issue a summons on the local authority (given that the LA are wholly responsible for the levy and actions of the enforcement agent).

Hi,

just to clarify complaints can be made against the magistrates court for breaches of the national standards by there bailiffs cant they.

And this wouldn't entail someone having to make a court application.

I just wanted to clarify that in case the heading of the thread put of someone taking the complaint direct to the court on there lack of control of the EA.

And yes i know they most likely wont look at complaints about charges but where wrong charges arise there is usually something else that the compliant can be based on.

:)

Hi,

just to clarify complaints can be made against the magistrates court for breaches of the national standards by there bailiffs cant they.

And this wouldn't entail someone having to make a court application.

I just wanted to clarify that in case the heading of the thread put of someone taking the complaint direct to the court on there lack of control of the EA.

And yes i know they most likely wont look at complaints about charges but where wrong charges arise there is usually something else that the compliant can be based on.

:)

dependant om the complaint there are prescribed methods under the act for breaches of the procedure, i suspect the MC would direct you to these. If this were a criminal matter it would be better just to report the matter to the police, any magistrate would want to know why you thought the authorities were incorrect in not pursuing the criminal action on your behalf.

From looking a the old section 46 complaint , it wold seem to limit to civil complaints in any case rather than criminal ones, it speaks of damages etc rther than fines.

The letter speaks of fraud assault etc which are firmly in the criminal realm. In a criminal case of course it is not you that are making a case against the other side, it is the state, they may be acting on your information regarding the perceived criminal action but it is not you who are prosecution it will be the state.

Any talk of preparing witness statements or interrogating witnesses is nonsense this will be down to a prosecution lawyer engaged by the CPS.

Hi dodgeball :)

i am referring to complaints on breaches of the national standards. The Magistrates Court are responsible for the behaviour of the enforcement agent.

So it is more that type of complaint rather than one where you take legal action, i do think it is important that the two are not confused and that even if a complaint cant be made to the magistrates court for legal reason there is always that option.

In my opinion this is actually quite a good option because complaining to a trade organization such as CIVEA is usually a waste of time .

Thanks

The national standards is guidance and not legally actionable. Unfortunately.

Hi dodgeball :)

I am referring to complaints on breaches of the national standards. The Magistrates Court are responsible for the behaviour of the enforcement agent.

Thanks

I am sorry Tortle but you are not correct. An enforcement agent is granted his certificate in the COUNTY COURT (not Magistrates Court) and accordingly, any complaints about the enforcement agents should be directed to the County Court using the prescribed form; EAC2.

Thankfully, since the new regulations came into effect in April 2014 the actual number of complaints has decreased significantly and hopefully that continues to be the case.

The procedure is itemise in section 66 of the act

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2007/15/schedule/12

(4)Subject to rules of court, the proceedings may be brought—

(a)in the High Court, in relation to an enforcement power under a writ of the High Court;

(b)in a county court, in relation to an enforcement power under a warrant issued by a county court;

©in any other case, in the High Court or a county court.

(5)In the proceedings the court may—

(a)order goods to be returned to the debtor;

(b)order the enforcement agent or a related party to pay damages in respect of loss suffered by the debtor as a result of the breach or of anything done under the defective instrument.