Text messages from CRS but no letters

dean25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd ignore. They can't do anything so that's why they're pretty much begging you to contact them in that letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dean,

Ignore this and expect contact from Zinc in due course.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I have continued to receive text messgaes from CRS which I have ignored. I have also ignored their last letter and received another today which reads:

Following our initial letter we are disappointed your account with Xercise 4 Less is still in arrears and that our fee has not been paid.

We would like to reach an amicable solution to this however if you fail to respond to this letter we have no option but to commence further action to recover the monies owed. The options available to us are:

1. Legal Action

We believe you are in breach of a legally binding contract with Xercise 4 Less because you have not paid your membership and our fees. We may pursue a claim under this contract through the courts. if we do so the following process would apply:

1. we will write a formal letter explaining what we are demanding and give you a final opportunity to pay/reply.

2. If this failed to settle the matter we would issue proceedings against you in the county court;

3. You could then either:

A Make a payment

B Dispute some or all of the money owed.

4. If you dispute the amount was owed the court process would continue, at he end of which the court would make the final decision on our claim.

5. A strict court imposed timescale will apply in relation to the court process.

Were we to be successful in our claim, or if you ignore the claim a CCJ may be registered against you requiring you to make payment. You may also be liable for our costs of pursuing legal action and interest on monies owed. If you then fail to pay the amount covered by the CCJ we would take the next steps required to enforce the judgement.

2. Outsource to external agents

Your account would be passed to another Collection Agency who will take further action to recover the monies owed,

You can avoid this by contacting us within 10 days on .......

Yours CRS

I was thinking of asking them for a copy of the contract I had with xercise for less since I do not have a copy of it. I do however have a direct debit email stating my membership was for 11 months... I cancelled after 13 after following the staff members instructions! I have also never received a breakdown of where they've got the fee f £171.47 I have no idea what amount of that is for membership fees or for CRS fees. Or shall I just ignore them again?

:|

Hi Dean,

My inclination is to simply ignore this letter which is full if "may; would; etc". No Need at all to reply to Harlands/CRS.

However, you may benefit from a recent kick in the teeth that X4Less suffered on BBC1's Watchdog last week. See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?454761-Xercise4LessProblems-highlighted-on-WATCHDOG(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Perhaps it's time for a letter to X4Less's Head Office at :-

Xercise4Less Leeds

Unit 1, Kirkstall Industrial Estate

Kirkstall Road

Burley

Leeds

LS4 2AZ

Dear sir or madam,

Gym Membership at Xercise 4Less, [town/city]

I refer to my membership at the above gym.

When I told the gym staff back in April that I wanted to cancel my membership, I was told I should simply cancel the DD mandate, which I did.

I have since been harassed by Harlands/CRS making numerous demands, not only for gym fees but for increasing amounts of unlawful and unenforceable admin fees.

Harlands/CRS are now threatening court action and, unless you tell them to cease immediately, I will lodge formal complaints with both Trading Standards and The CMA.

Yours faithfully,

After the bad press Xercise4Less have recently suffered, this may be the way to get Harlands off your back.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone

I have had no reply from exercise4less regarding the letter I have sent.

However I seem to now be getting it from all angles from CRS

I have continued to receive text messages and I've had a lot of 'no number' calls which I suspect maybe from them.

I am now also receiving emails off them which state:

We have been trying to contact you with regard to a personal business matter, unfortunately we have been unable to reach you.

Please could you contact us at your earliest convenience on 01444 449165 or provide us with an alternative number we can contact you on.

Yours sincerely,

Nick Bright

Should I now continue to send letters to reply or reply to these email?

Or simply ignore?

They need to address what I have told them instead of bombarding me with generic twaddle!

I'm also angry that the gym have shared my information with CRS.

The email that they are contacting me on is my work email, and I have enough emails to deal with as it is

and I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Simply block the emails

And ignore them now

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well you cant have it both ways then:lol:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Either block msgs or allow them and log them.

Letter to X4L saying :-

I wrote to you on xxdate and have had no reply. A copy of the letter is enclosed for reference.

Harlands/CRS are now harassing me and contacting me via my work email address, as well as text messages and phone calls. Do you have any idea how they treat your gym members ?

You should instruct them to stop immediately or I will include Xercise4Less in my formal complaints to the authorities.

Hi Everyone

Still no reply from Exercise4Less head office but CRS have sent yet another letter saying:

we regret that despite our attempts to reach an amicable resolution to your account you remain in arrears to xercise for less.

We must therefore give notice that failing to reply to this letter within the next 10 days will result in your account balance being passed to Zinc Group Ltd, one of the leading providers of debt recovery solutions.

WE WOULD STILL LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER

we're happy to listen to your reasons for not paying and will do whatever we can to reach an acceptable resolution for both parties. All that is required is for you to call us on .......... by no later than 30th November so we can discuss your account.

I have read in other threads that Zinc is easier to get rid of than Harlands. Am I better to just ignore again and allow them to pass on the balance?

Thanks

Hi Dean,

I'd just ignore this latest contact and wait for X4Less to reply to you.

• 1 month later...

So I thought I had heard the last from Harlands.

I have still not received a reply to my letters sent to xercise4less.

This company is disgusting in the way it deals with its customers.

I did however receive a letter today from Spratt Endicott saying:

We act on behalf of the above client. They have instructed us to write to you concerning the above debt due to them.

Failure to reply to this notice within 7 days may result in legal proceedings to recover the above balance unless you contact us to discuss your repayment proposals.

Any clain resulting in proceedings will include additional costs payable to by you. You should also note that if judgement is obtained you may find it difficult to obtain credit from other sources as the judgement will be registered and remain on your credit file for 6 years.

Please contact us to discuss your account so that we may come to an arrangement that is affordable and sustainable in line with your financial circumstances and therefore it will not be necessary to issue proceedings.

If you require financial advice call .....

We hope it will not be necessary for us to issue proceedings and that we will hear from you without delay.

Shall I continue writing to Xercise4less?

Reply to this or take this matter even further?

Thanks

or more importantly ignore the lot of 'em.

and they

Hi Dean,

You can ignore Spratt Endicott.

Or you can write to them saying :-

I refer to your letter of xxdate.

This matter is in clear dispute and Harlands have no right to instruct you to harass people in this way.

You also have to accept responsibility for your actions if you decide to demand payments without using due diligence to ensure Harlands have a legal right to make their demands.

If I hear from you again, formal complaints will be lodged with The CMA, Trading Standards and the SRA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you never ever converse on the phone regarding your supposed debts.

be that to a DCA, fake/tame sols or these muppets.

they have no legal powers

and are NOT BAILIFFS.

dx

and they

Hi Dean,

You could drop X4Less a letter or email saying :-

Dear sir or madam,

You tried to call me by phone on xxdate and I must insist you contact me in writing only.

I wrote to you in November 2015 enclosing a copy of a previous unanswered letter but, to date, I've received no reply.

Unless you reply to me within the next 7 days, I will make formal complaints to Trading Standards and The CMA. Also, I will use Twitter and/or Facebook to state in public how Xercise4Less fail to reply to contact but leave their customers at the mercy of the appalling treatment of Harlands/CRS.

Yours faithfully,

Alternatively, you could simply ignore X4Less, Harlands/CRS, Zinc and Spratt Endicott completely.

Keep us posted.

Edited by slick132

• 3 months later...

So Still no reply from xercise4less, 4 months after sending them a letter. I have however had an email from Spratt Endicott today stating:

Dear ....

We have been trying to contact you. Please could you contact us on 01295 204074 regarding our reference 122092.9321 between 9.00 am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00 am - 5.00pm Friday.

Alternatively, you can reply to this email and we will respond accordingly, it is important that we speak with you.

Yours sincerely

Customer Services Team

I found this email to be but random considering I have had no written response or communication with them since January! They're like the obsessed ex who won't go away! Should I now proceed with contacting the ombudsman?

Thanks everyone

Spratt Endicott

Banbury Office

Hi Dean,

No word from X4Less is not a surprise but your case strength improves the longer they delay.

I see no reason to be at all worried by the email from Spratts, so ignore it completely.

There's no Ombudsman to complain to but you could use Facebook and/or Twitter as suggested earlier, to complain publicly about X4Less's failings.

Thanks Slick I will ignore them. Can't believe its been well over a year since this all started!

Very suspicious that the email from them was sent straight to my junk mail box too!

• 3 weeks later...

I have received another email from Spratt Endicott again:

We have been trying to contact you. Please could you contact us on 01295 204074 regarding our reference .::::between 9.00 am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00 am - 5.00pm Friday.

Alternatively, you can reply to this email and we will respond accordingly, it is important that we speak with you.

Yours sincerely

Is there something I could reply to get them to stop or shall I simply ignore again? Also they said they've 'been trying to contact me. They have not. I'm moving house in a couple of months too. When I do this am I better passing my new details onto xercise4less?

Thanks again

Spratt Endicott