'fine' from pcm without a pcn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

I have received a fine from pcm ( parking control management(uk) Ltd. SL1 2XF.

a pcn was not issued , but a person was taking photos of my car.

this happened at hayes and Harlington station.

They send me a letter by post with photographic evidence. saying a pcn was issued : (date)

my question is are pcm taking people to court now?

or should I ask them to issue the popla code.

Where does it say fine please on their paperwork?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You'll need to PDF those please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah, the disappearing ticket [problem].

A common one so the parking comapanies can avoid the niceties of obeying the PoFA.

First of all read the Parking Prankster's blog and search for examples of this subterfuge.

The idea is that they send out the demand after the time allowed for appealing claiming that all previous paperwork was correctly issued but it wasnt.

That way they avoid the discount period and try and avoid POPLA by making it look like you are too late whan it is tem

o

. They also place a ticket on the car and remove it claiming it was properly issued but is was just a phantom ticket, could have been any olod bit of paper..

They are also members of the IAS, who are not as honest with their interpretation and application of the law as POPLA so you have really

2 choices.

1 write to the company and tell them that you deny parking and ask them for strict proof of the breach and suggest that you have evidence that they did not act in accordance with the protocols of the PoFA and thus their claim is spurious at best and fraud at worst

or

2 Wait and see what they do next.

There is no point appealing to the iAS .

Attachments removed pers info showing through pen.

Redact properly as per upload clickme guide

Dx

and they

hi all,

thanks 4 ur prompt reply, very much appreciated.

is it ok to write to pcm as follows :-

Dear PCM

the sum that ur asking me to pay, MUST be a Genuine Pre Estimate Of Loss that the landowner has experienced.

Therefore the charge is punitive and i still require an itemized genuine pre-estimate of loss. The land is NOT RELEVANT LAND.

I deny the debt and require this matter to be decided in court.

As i denied debt I do not expect to hear from your debt collector or solicitors, i just require the court papers.

Any letters that I have to deal with by breach of your demand will be charged at £25 per communication, failure to pay will be addressed in the court system.

i will then Wait and see what they do next.

where did you get that from?

sounds like freemen of the land twaddle

dx

and they

You cant charge £25 for sending them letters, it wont wash with a court-been tried before.

As for the other bits, make it clear why you owe nothing and bear in mind they are dishonest as they have shown already. I wouldnt bother getting into letter tennis with them, there are bags of things you can do IF they want to lose money later so for the moment keep it simple and create a paper trail that shows you deny either a debt or a contract being formed but make sure your reason is credible, even if not provable at this point.

The other choice is wait for them to waste money employing someone to write scary letters and then tell them where to go.

it is very difficult to get figures as the MoJ wont let you see anything for the current year and also block you from having the dtat on any company they are investigating such as CEL or DEAL. Historical data doesnt show how many cases were settled or withdrawn before the court date either. 75% of people pay up when they get a N1 through the door, we only see a few of the other 25% and so the success rate of defended claims is rather different to the overall numbers. Shame, as if most people knew what to say they would beat the claim and then the parking companies would lose fortune using the court system for their bullying.

ericbrother, once again thanks for ur prompt reply, greatly appreciated.

should i now write or email to the company and tell them the following -:

I deny parking and ask you for strict proof of the breach. I also have evidence that you did not act in accordance with the protocols of the POFA and thus their claim is spurious at best and fraud at worst.

please advice.

You should also look at other threads where railway land is involved. The parking companies have no rights to anything but the railway co does but it would be a first for one of them to actually take over an individual claim themselves as it gains them no money. See byelaw 14.

• 3 weeks later...

Big yawn. You've told them the score so that's it. Expect more letters from DCAs with lots of MAY take court action threats, but unless they do, ignore them. There's no point getting into a game of letter tennis with them. Just keep what comes in case they should change tactics and try the court route, in which case come back for help with a defence.However, read ericsbrothers post no 17 above for further reassurance.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You too :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...

fines?

dx

and they