FASHIONWORLD DEBT... Help!

minjara
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

These people are the bane of my life. I have all my debts sorted and arranged apart from these monkeys. My debt in April when I started asking for an arrangement was £2152.62. Between ex and me that was run up. He wasn't paying etc etc but I have been looking to pay and agreed to them from June I would pay £70 pm if they would freeze interest etc

I paid £70 last month and it hasn't even touched it. Since April till now when this has finally been sorted cause they wouldn't agree an amount the account is now at £2401.66!!! The interest that is going on is more than what I'm paying them. They are essentially using me as a cash cow (MOOOOO)

I wrote to them recently in an email to ask them what the heck was going on, that I would continue paying the £70 pm if they could reciprocate with freezing the interest and if not I would reduce payments to £5pm. I got this back from advisor:

Thank you for your email.

Please note, your next statement is due to go out on 8th August 2015 and you have 28 days from this date to make your next payment.

We note your request to suspend interest and charges on the account, however, we are unable to agree to this at the present time. Your account and financial situation will be reviewed within six months.

At the point of the review, we will look at the payments that you have made since the arrangement was agreed. We will also take into consideration the interest and current payment rate. Your interest is not frozen at this moment.

Before we can consider your account for review, it's really important that you keep up to date with your agreed payments. Paying regularly, and on time will have a positive influence on the review decision.

If you wish to talk to us about the above, or anything else, please contact us on 0345 074 2107.

Yours sincerely

Ansab Adris

Customer Correspondence Team

Is this right or actually something they can do and are just not willing to do? It looks like it still all going through Fashionworld and not their in house collections team or 3rd party.

Just looking for some advice on what could happen and what to do next.

Thanks

L x:|

These people are the bane of my life. I have all my debts sorted and arranged apart from these monkeys. My debt in April when I started asking for an arrangement was £2152.62. Between ex and me that was run up. He wasn't paying etc etc but I have been looking to pay and agreed to them from June I would pay £70 pm if they would freeze interest etc

I paid £70 last month and it hasn't even touched it. Since April till now when this has finally been sorted cause they wouldn't agree an amount the account is now at £2401.66!!! The interest that is going on is more than what I'm paying them. They are essentially using me as a cash cow (MOOOOO)

I wrote to them recently in an email to ask them what the heck was going on, that I would continue paying the £70 pm if they could reciprocate with freezing the interest and if not I would reduce payments to £5pm. I got this back from advisor:

Thank you for your email.

Please note, your next statement is due to go out on 8th August 2015 and you have 28 days from this date to make your next payment.

We note your request to suspend interest and charges on the account, however, we are unable to agree to this at the present time. Your account and financial situation will be reviewed within six months.

At the point of the review, we will look at the payments that you have made since the arrangement was agreed. We will also take into consideration the interest and current payment rate. Your interest is not frozen at this moment.

Before we can consider your account for review, it's really important that you keep up to date with your agreed payments. Paying regularly, and on time will have a positive influence on the review decision.

If you wish to talk to us about the above, or anything else, please contact us on 0345 074 2107.

Yours sincerely

Ansab Adris

Customer Correspondence Team

Is this right or actually something they can do and are just not willing to do? It looks like it still all going through Fashionworld and not their in house collections team or 3rd party.

Just looking for some advice on what could happen and what to do next.

Thanks

L x:|

They don't have to freeze interest and they don't have to accept reduced monthly payments. You would need to look at the interest rate contained in the terms and conditions,which i should imagine is pretty high. The debt is going to grow significantly over the next 6 months while they are reviewing the account.

Difficult to give you financial advice, but you may be better to get a consolidation loan to pay off all the debts with silly interest rates and to just have one payment. I would suggest you contact Stepchange or National Debtline for advice about your current situation. They would need to understand your full financial situation to be able to advise on options.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread