zinc chasing old bt debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

I'm new so not sure if I'm posting in correct place . I have in last week received letter and email from a company called Zinc , chasing debt I apparently owe BT . I have not been using BT and as far as I know I was up to date when I left. I have not once had correspondence from BT about and outstanding debt .

I emailed Zinc today and they say it from 2012 for broadband.

Like I said I have not once been asked for this outstanding amount from BT so I'm a bit loathed to hand over money to a debt collecting company .

Any suggestions would be grateful

Hello!

I'm new so not sure if I'm posting in correct place . I have in last week received letter and email from a company called Zinc , chasing debt I apparently owe BT . I have not been using BT and as far as I know I was up to date when I left. I have not once had correspondence from BT about and outstanding debt .

I emailed Zinc today and they say it from 2012 for broadband.

Like I said I have not once been asked for this outstanding amount from BT so I'm a bit loathed to hand over money to a debt collecting company .

Any suggestions would be grateful

Get details from BT and start a dispute with them.

You could ask Zinc to prove the debt exists by providing the last BT account statement, but it may be easier getting the info from BT and raising a complaint with them. Just tell Zinc you will be raising a complaint with BT, as you do not believe a debt exists.

Check your credit records for entries re this debt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Pers I would ignore zinc

As with any dca

They are not baillifs

And have no legal powers whatsoever

Go check you credit file

Make sure its not been trashed

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for advice, I have chatted with BT and they said that my file shows it is with debt collecter and I should speak to them. I asked why I hadn't heard from them and they said they couldn't help me with that . So it is looking like I did owe BT but haven't been informed . So do I arrange a payment with these guys ?

Thank you for advice, I have chatted with BT and they said that my file shows it is with debt collecter and I should speak to them. I asked why I hadn't heard from them and they said they couldn't help me with that . So it is looking like I did owe BT but haven't been informed . So do I arrange a payment with these guys ?

I am going to bite my tongue here to save being rude, but you were given advice and instead seem to have just accepted being fobbed off by BT.

BT MUST provide you with a statement of account , otherwise the debt does not exist to pay. Why should you pay a debt collector, when you might find out from BT that they made a mistake and it is not owed.

Please do make a complaint to BT asking for the last statement of account. If you visit the BT online site, you can register the complaint online.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for reply , really wasn't expecting such harshness!!! Like I said im new to this . So please forgive me for not knowing what to do for the bestI haven't had anyone chase me for debt before

Wasn't too harsh. Big companies call centres will try to fob you off, by being as unhelpful as possible. You need to be assertive and not accept this type of behaviour, otherwise you will get abused by these companies. We see so many people invoiced for debts that are found not to be owed following futher investigation.

Get the complaint into BT, ask for proof any debt is owed to them by them providing the last statement of account and if they provide evidence you are happy with, then pay what is owed. A mistake may be found and the debt written off.

Don't forget to check your credit record.

And stay off that phone

Never ring a fleecing dca either

They are not baillifs. !!!

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And stay off that phone

Never ring a fleecing dca either

They are not baillifs. !!!

Dx

I know there is a typo here DX but wow when did DCA's become bailiffs lol I know some are but different rules apply to the DCA section of it.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

hehe even the W and T are not near each other

silly me.

dx

and they