Help! Paypal ebay akinika debt collectors

Mickylogic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'd like to thank anyone in advance for helping me.

I'm looking a bit of advice.

Around May time I was selling shoes on eBay.

The items were as described and brand new.

But I sold one pair through paypal invoice t to a guy in russia.

I had since closed the PayPal account.

after the account was closed a dispute was opened, and I couldn't do anything.

I have since apparently owe PayPal 190.24 but I have never received the shoes back either the buyer gets a win win.

Today I received a letter from akinika about paying the debt.

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do.

Or if I am to deny/prolong this will I end up paying more?

Is it also possible to get them to wipe the debt by paying say 100 right away rather than paying a very low direct debit amount each month?

Thanks, Michael

Edited by Mickylogic
Errors

What is the problem with the shoes that went to Russia ?

Were they not received or were they rejected ?

Who opened the dispute, you or the buyer ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

And I certainly would NOT be paying anything to this powerless outfit either!

If you pay anyone then it should be PP, not some tin pot third party DCA.

Is this the cost of the shoes?

You won't be forced to pay anything more either just because you look into the legalities of whether you actually owe anyone anything or not.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What is the problem with the shoes that went to Russia ?

Were they not received or were they rejected ?

Who opened the dispute, you or the buyer ?

Not sure, the buyer had the shoes a few weeks by this point as item was tracked arrived before I closed the paypal account. They did, and I couldn't comment or act on the dispute. Yet the item never arrived back

And I certainly would NOT be paying anything to this powerless outfit either!

If you pay anyone then it should be PP, not some tin pot third party DCA.

Is this the cost of the shoes?

You won't be forced to pay anything more either just because you look into the legalities of whether you actually owe anyone anything or not.

Thanks for the reply! It's just if I was to go through PayPal then would this company will still bother me. It seems they've added a fee on the value. I also paid 11 pounds shipping on top myself. This may be stupid but can this affect my credit?

No, they cannot report to the credit reference agencies - so your credit history is safe.

I still do not understand why a dispute was raised - if the client received the goods why was a dispute raised ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ah right, I understand now.

Yes, you would have thought that they would have said sooner - in fact on delivery if there had been a problem :(

BCOBS

Dont pay anyone anything.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The debt collectors offer direct debit payments. But I'm worried about doing that

You're right to be worried, be very worried!

You owe no-one anything, least of all this powerless DCA.

Ignore them entirely, they cannot do a thing and they know it, just hoping they can exploit your lack of knowledge and con money out of you that you don't owe.

As for PP, for what it's worth, lodge a formal complaint with them, if they even have such a thing as a complaints procedure?

DO NOT pay anyone anything! You're being had.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

A dca iss not a bailliff

Ignore them as long as your credit file is clean?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The DCA they use is the same DCA that various website providers do. They just throw around threats then run off. I had a run in with the same DCA a while ago. Told them to put up or shut up, and heard nothing back. Not even a acknowledgement they read the email.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thank you, I assumed it was typical fear mongering. Considering paypals woeful dispute policy That allows sellers to get conned out of money 6 as far as six months after a purchase I doubt they'd have a formal complaint thing. Only was worried In case they or PayPal could escalate the claim? But only thing is court, which would out weigh the debt wouldn't it?

They won't go near a court room. The dca cannot touch you as they don't own the alleged debt

They won't go near a court room. The dca cannot touch you as they don't own the alleged debt

thank you, should i be worried about paypal taking it further? Just curious if they have been known to do anything else

Paypal wont take it further. All theyll do is get a DCA to chase you

I've never heard of PP going to court yet?

As you rightly say, their dispute policy, including their T&C's would be pulled to pieces in a court room, hence why they steer clear.

I appreciate you guys telling me not to pay, I'll just ignore them and see how it goes. Unless I'm best to tell them to stop trying to contact me for harassment etc? I'm sure there's 1000s of people that these DCAs contact at the same time

Correct, they send out these threat letters by the thousands in a vain attempt to intimidate one recipient into responding,

so they can exploit them.

never invite letter tennis

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm happy I found this forum of well informed people. As long as nothing will happen suppose I'll just wait it out, and eventually they'll stop trying to contact me. If only other PayPal users were wise to these schemes