Received Northampton Clain 12 Months ago

GWoody
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

In August 2014 I received a Claim from Northampton CC from Cabot.

I wrote to the solicitor asking for a copy of the signed agreement as it would be something they would need to have anyway should the claim go to court.

They agreed and I got the 28 days extension after acknowledging the claim.

I sent copies of all correspondence to Northampton to attach to the claim but they have never supplied the agreement.

here we are almost 1 year later and they have sent another letter, quoting the original claim stating that they sent two letters (both the same day) in April this year, one of which says they attached the documentation originally requested, the other offering a reduced payment, neither of which I can say I received.

Is there any argument I can make to close this claim (I did have a look and it is still sat on Northampton with the last action being me acknowledging) as it has been open for almost 12 months.

Additionally, the Claim documentation is signed by the solicitors not by the person who wrote the particulars and I am sure that I have read somewhere that it must be signed by a representative of the solicitors, "Mr Joe Blogs" for example and not as "A.N Other Solicitors". Is this true and how terminal is this to their claim, if at all.

Any advice or information would be gratefully received.

G

Hi Welcome to CAG

IN order to help users help you please can you visit the link below and paste the answers to the questions here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

Also we need to know what happened to the claim.

Did you acknowledge the claim to the Court?

Did you receive A directions Questionnaire?

Was the claim stayed or discontinued?

Was the stay or discontinuation confirmed by the court?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You've been lucky...

Ring northants tomorrow and ask if you can file a defence (holding/no paperwork one- we can give you that)

Until you receive instructions from the court about the claim otherwise

You can ignore the claimant/sols silly letters

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh and forget the silly freemen of the land must be a sols real name rubbish you have read

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...