TV Licence Harrassment

mashmallow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son keeps getting letters and visits from TVL

he did have a TV licence before but since last year he has not been watching TV he only uses his internet.

They are threatening him saying he is under investigation etc,

he is getting really stressed out apparently they have evidence even though they have not entered the property,

what evidence could they possibly have to stat with and what can he do aout this harassment?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Mashmallow

I have heard there is a legal get out from the TV lick as long as you don't watch live TV at the time of broadcast and I believe it is up to the tvla to prove you have watched live TV ? Simply sat outside scanning the airways isn't enough as that isn't proof signal was received and viewed ? Not an expert though.

You need to be covered by a TV Licence if you watch or record programmes as they're being shown on TV or live on an online TV service. This is the case whether you use a TV, computer, tablet, mobile phone, games console, digital box, DVD/VHS recorder or any other device.
So as long as you do not watch or record a live broadcast (including any online streaming), a TV licence is not required. The letters about being under investigation are part of the standard threat-o-gram chain letters that Capita send out. If they had evidence, they would have taken the son to court by now.

One piece of advice: If the TVL goons call again, refuse to sign any paperwork they offer. Treat them the same as any other cold caller (e.g. double glazing salesmen) and ask them to leave.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

TVL are powerless

They are not bailliff

Treat them like you would a no powers dca

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have heard there is a legal get out from the TV lick as long as you don't watch live TV at the time of broadcast and I believe it is up to the tvla to prove you have watched live TV ? Simply sat outside scanning the airways isn't enough as that isn't proof signal was received and viewed ? Not an expert though.

TV's don't emit radio waves. This was an old scare tactic. Unless you let them in to your house to fiddle with your equipment, they have no proof. Don't let them fiddle with your TV set either!