Insurance CCJ

tosh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Not sure if I am the right thread but please udjust if required.

Basically I was involved in a car accident in Feb last year. I exchanged details with the other party and as there was no damage to either car, I left it as that. In Decemeber I recieved a bill of £1500.00 for damage to the other car. I spoke my insurance company and they took over. They agreed that the fault was mine and they would pay for damages to the other car.

I recieved a letter from the court asking that I should the amount outstanding and passed this on to the insurance company who advised that they would pay and take over and that I do not need to do anything. My insurance company failed to pay. The court date came and went and a CCJ was placed on my name. This has been passed to the insurance company who have passed this on their solicitor who has agreed to pay and try and remove the CCJ from my name.

My question is am I entitled to money as it has cost me postage and also money to access my credit file as well as a bad credit name (not able to take out a loan)

Thank you

Make a formal complaint to the insurer (I would ring them and ask for it to be logged as a formal complaint - most would probably suggest to write - either way is valid) - they then have 8 weeks to respond.

If you are unhappy with their response, you can escalate to the FOS free of charge.

If the insurance company have caused the mistake, expect a token gesture (£100 or so) plus any costs you can evidence. If you can show that the effect of this has caused financial problems for you then they should be compensating you further if you can provide evidence - but you will not be compensated for things which could' have happened, only things which have actually happened.

• 1 month later...

I might get slapped for this but:

Even though you pass the clam over to your insurance company, it is still your responsibility as the claim is in your name, not the insurance company

The responsibility is still on you to chase up the insurance company and make sure they have paid the judgement to the court before the CCJ was registered

Besides that i can see no reason if all are in agreement for the judgement to be set aside.

Make sure your insurance company pays the £155.00 application fee to the court though to set aside the judgment

What I don't understand is that there was 10 months between the accident, that the OP said there was no damage, and the claim. Something wrong here. There must have been some more communication. The insurance company would have asked for full details and, unless blatantly the OP's fault, would have requested statements from both sides.

Also, as there was 'no damage' why didn't the OP question the claim amount.

Hi

Just an update

the insurance company have offered to compensate me £1000

Did they clear the CCJ or is that still on your record as settled ? If it is on record, it will be on there for 6 years and could affect credit applications.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread