• Tweets

• I forgot to add I originally messaged them via there website which I still have access to . Was this Ok ? 
    • If I copied anybody into your complaint it would be your local Care Commissioning Group, not the GMC...
    • So ignore emails from ADCB now ?  I told them they will have to contact me by email and it will have to go to UK courts
    • Hello   Not a legal issue as such but wasn't sure where to ask advice on this.   I have just been awarded £2050 on a PPI claim.  I went through a claims company so i expected to pay them 40% plus VAT of the claim won.  However, i am querying the quoted court costs (which i was not informed about prior to this).  They are quoting the following court costs: -   £205 - Court Issue Fee £335 - Court Hearing Fee   I am no legal expert but these seem very high for such a small financial claim.  I will be lucky to see £500 of the initial £2050 if this is correct (yes i understand the 40% i could have avoided if i didnt use the claims company).  If these costs seem realistic then no probs with agreeing to them but if the claims company artificially inflated these for their own gain i would be none the wiser.     Can anyone advise please?   Thanks 
    • Our general hospital uses a similar system, but I don't think(?) it displays all your personal details for confirmation at the end of the process.  In fact I'm pretty sure that at the end of the process it displays only the last three or four digits of your 'phone number and you must confirm that this is correct.    Also at my GP's surgery it only asks for date and month of birth together with the initial letter of your surname and then it displays "Thank you.  You are recorded as attending".   I would say what you describe is a sort of breach of data protection, but not sure how serious it might be.  (I can see no valid reason for displaying full name and address etc if other hospitals' systems don't).   Go to the website of the NHS Trust in question and see what their complaints process is.  There may be two different processes: one for "general complaints" and a separate one for data protection complaints (eg direct to the trust's data controller*).   Personally, I would complain down both routes.  Don't, whatever you do, get diverted down the PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) path as they won't be equipped to deal with this sort of issue.   As a former NHS manager I'd be interested to know what sort of reply you get.   FWIW I'm surprised(!) the ICO suggested complaining to the GMC as they won't be interested.  This isn't a medical staff issue - it's a trust data management issue.  (I'm really surprised at the ICO's suggestion on this - it's bonkers!).   *If you can't find out how to contact the Trust's data controller from their website, ring and ask them.   EDIT:  I wouldn't allow people to "shoulder surf" me.  Our trust makes it clear that people behind you have to stand behind a line so they can't see over your shoulder.  If anybody was standing directly behind me I would "politely" draw their attention to the notices and "ask" them to stand back.  If your hospital does not make this clear, that's another complaint...)
  • Our picks

cwil21

Xercise 4 less gym cancellation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1534 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello Slick132,

I was looking at a question you answered for a member regarding xercise4less and was hoping you may be able to assist me also?

I recently signed up to this gym after recommendation by a friend, initially contacting via email which then turned into a day pass followed by a barrage of calls from sales members asking me to come in for a "chat"

Eventually they persuaded me to join however I had some doubts as I asked for my agreement only to be told this would be sent via email.

I made the initial payment however did not receive any information and when queried the gym blamed a system error and my details however sent me a few emails. I decided after a few days this was not for me after being involved in a heated, almost physical altercation with another member of the gym.

I have asked politely to leave but they are telling me as I signed in the gym I "waived all rights to a cool off period" and "any privilege to leave has been removed from me" and are trying to insist I stay even going as far as to bar the member who was involved in the fracas which in turn left me no choice but to play middle men between the two gyms as they decided on the person's fate (Without him ever knowing)

I have spent hours on the phone to countless branches and staff who all say they understand my situation and can help me then ultimately say they cant and to speak to the next person up (who is conveniently never available) and now I am growing frustrated that they are trying to delay and stall me into a corner so I cannot request to leave.

I can 100% guarantee I was never made aware of the no cooling off period otherwise I would never have signed. If possible could you advise on my next steps in order to protect myself and still get the desired outcome as currently I am in need of any guidance I can get.

Initially I signed up on Friday 24th July and I made it clear I was unhappy on the proceeding Monday via email (which received no response) and in person on Wednesday which was when I was informed of my rights by the receptionist (which they have conveniently forgotten about now). I have sent out numerous emails to supposed managers and even an area manager with no real response.

Please accept my apologies if this is not the correct way to go about seeking advice I am just extremely desperate for some help.

Many Thanks

Edited by slick132
Name removed to retain anonymity

Hi Cwil and welcome to CAG

Name removed from your post to keep you anonymous :wink:

The gym is correct - by signing on their premises, there's no cooling off period.

At the moment I see no obvious solution to your dilemma. It was your responsibility to read the agreement and understand the terms governing the m/ship. It wasn't the gyms responsibility to tell you there was no cooling off period.

The altercation issue won't help you if the gym have barred the other party. But I don't understand what you say :-

...... which in turn left me no choice but to play middle men between the two gyms as they decided on the person's fate (Without him ever knowing)

Can you explain this.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

I have spoken to a number of sources who have now confirmed that I still have the right to cancel and I have been down to the gym and signed my cancellation forms to activate my COP and kept a receipt on my side which clearly states reason for leaving as "cooling off period 14 days".

I have been advised that the cancellation should be confirmed by an email and any monies that were due to be taken should be cancelled however should this not be the case then to get back in touch with them to ensure everything goes to plan.

Should the company renege on this (even though I have paperwork signed by them) then I will obviously take the matter further and be requesting some more of your help slick if that's is okay?

Many Thanks

Hi Cwil,

Of course, you are welcome to come back at any time.

Knowing that Harlands are involved, I'd expect it'll just be a matter of time before Harlands/CRS start demanding fees and admin charges.

In any event, please keep us updated.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)