PCN issued without any photographic evidence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week a PCN was issued to me in central London with a code 01 "Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours"

I was under the impression I was parked in a valid space and I was inside my car when the attendant was issueing a ticket, when I realised he was placing the ticket on the windscreen I then drove off and he was not able to take any photographs.

When I have checked the PCN number online there are no photos whatsoever on the file.

Is this ticket valid? Presumably they need photographic evidence that a parking offense was committed.

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.

I momentarily stopped on a pay and display bay to drop someone going to a nearby shop. I was inside the car and as soon as saw the CEO issuing a ticket I moved the car. He managed to place the ticket on windscreen but no phtographs were taken. The reality is that the car was not parked because there was someone on the car and it stopped there briefly to drop someone.

Do I have any grounds for an appeal?

Cars are parked or not regardless of whether anyone's inside.

You may be able to use those bays to drop off passengers (you can ask the local authority about that), but not to wait for them - I presume the CEO gave you an observation period? That would be waiting time, which is not generally allowed.

You said to start with that you were issued a code 01 - now you say you were in a pay and display bay. That's the wrong contravention and could invalidate the PCN - the question is, was the car completely inside the bay, or was it overhanging onto yellow lines?