fraudulant gambling transaction cost me money - they wont sort it out - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone.

I am a relatively new customer with Halifax and noticed some transactions on my account that i didn't recognize from WHO internet (William Hill)

these transactions totaled to 457 pounds

there was also a credit on my account from WHO internet for 400 pounds around the same day these transactions took place.

I contacted the disputes team and they refunded the 457 pounds straight away,

however at the same time they also deducted 400 from my account in order to reverse the initial 400 credit.

So i ended up getting a total credit of 57 pounds.

Fast forward a few weeks and after investigating Halifax cannot prove these transactions are not genuine

and as a result will be re-debiting my account for 457 pounds,

I contacted Halifax and they have said that I will need to take the matter further with William Hill,

however I believe whilst also re-debiting my account for 457 they should also credit my account for the 400 they took as surely that's my money? :-x

I have been on the phone to these people all week who have confirmed that when they re-debit my account for 457 pounds

they will also credit it for 400 putting me in the same position as before I disputed the transactions (minus 57 pounds)

however this morning I get a text asking me to check my account and I am now overdrawn due to them deducting 457 and not crediting the 400 as promised.

Om contacting Halifax they have said that in no circumstances can they refund the 400 as that credit should not of been in my account in the first place,

which i understand as I don't recognise the transactions

however due to raising a dispute I have now ended up with 400 less money than what i started with which I cannot afford,

surely the 400 originally credited by WHO internet was my money to begin with

as 457 came out of my account and a day later 400 came back in.

They have said that this is the procedure with online gambling and I will need to contact William Hill to get this matter resolved,

however I don't think this is fair that I am going to loose 400 pounds this month due to a matter that isn't my fault

and I can't really wait another few weeks to get my money back due to direct debits coming out of my account from tomorrow.

Can anybody help with this please:-( thanks

you are totally correct

pers I'd be involving actionfraud here

get a ref number

and then get back onto Halifax

advising them that as fraud has happened

you should be placed back in the same situation as before it ever started [and without any charges!!]

if you don't get any joy

I'd be emailing the CEO

and getting on the phone to either the FCA

or the FOS.

this is not fair and sadly something that Halifax does to people all the time

when debits go wrong.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for your response.

They have refunded me so far 20 pounds for my call charges and 25 pound as a sorry but this isn't good enough. Man on the phone made me feel as though this was all my fault, he said that they were within their rights and I should of never been credited the 400 pounds in the first place even though that was clearly my money

What type of payment method is being used ?

Direct Debit - Continuous Payment Authority ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well from experience, William Hill won't deposit into anyone's account until you send off a scan of your driving license and / or passport.

Did the fraudster also have these documents?

no apparently not however they do have my address contact number etc so looks as though I have set up the account myself. This isn't true though as I have never used online gambling. An ex partner did have my debit card details however I really don't think she has used them for this because if I won the money would be going back to my bank?

Does anybody know how to proceed with this? I have raised a complaint with Halifax who said she will get disputes to return the 400 pound to me immediately as I am out of pocket but disputes are now refusing to do so saying I need to contact William Hill. William Hill have said that they will get back to me within 72 hours however I really need this money back in my account today I am now overdrawn as I have had numerous direct debits come out of my account surely it isn't fair that Halifax have allowed this to happen? Wish I never raised the dispute in the first place now

Email the ceo haliprats

You need whill to send you the ip address used to sign up online

If it doesn't trace to you

Get back onto ceo and action fraud

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...