Honours Trustee Ltd [now Link] /restons claimform - old SLC loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nothing from court no.

ok, so I dont' have to acknowledge reston's letters?

I want to defend myself, I dont' believe that they have any proof or information that shows I haven't deferred, they haven't provided anything post 2007

I will happily go to court

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont do anything abby....wait...see if they do make application to lift the stay and request SJ/SO...then you can respond with your own Witness Statement....its going nowhere at the moment...hence their request to withdraw your defence.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

HI Andy, I'm a bit confused, what is a Stay and when was it applied? ASAIK the county court summons was issued and I responded with a defence.

I was composing a brief letter to Restons along the lines of 'I do not intend to withdraw my defence'

should I not even send that?

Thanks

Go with Andys advice not to respond.

I think the court claims are automatically stayed after a period of no action happening. You just have to wait to see what Restons decide to do next and deal with anything received from the court.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

HI Andy, I'm a bit confused, what is a Stay and when was it applied? ASAIK the county court summons was issued and I responded with a defence.

I was composing a brief letter to Restons along the lines of 'I do not intend to withdraw my defence'

should I not even send that?

Thanks

No ...its a standard template letter they use before deciding if they should proceed or let it stay.A claimant has 28 +5 days to respond to a defence and inform the court if they wish to proceed ...if they don't...its automatically stayed.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So am I right in thinking it is the Court that decides the next step, not Restons? And what will Reston's have submitted to the court so far? they have sent me all the SAR stuff, but nothing statement wise or correspondance after 2007.

So am I right in thinking it is the Court that decides the next step, not Restons? And what will Reston's have submitted to the court so far? they have sent me all the SAR stuff, but nothing statement wise or correspondance after 2007.

See above

you were told all this back starting from post 90 over a month ago.

might be a good idea to read your thread before you ask questions again.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

fair dos, if there was nothing further to add re your defence to their comments. no worries.

at worst, they lift with an app'n for summary judgment. at best, they discontinue. in the middle, it stays stayed.

• 1 month later...

Remains stayed

Until/unless restons apply and pay to lift the stay or discontinue

Sit on your hands

Go enjoy your life

Rectums issued a speculative claim

You called their bluff

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I haven't heard anything since sending them my 'I am not withdrawing my defence' letter.

if they do decide to apply to lift, with application, then you would get notice, at least from the court.

and, also re a discontinuance (though you may need to check with the court if that).

otherwise, stays stayed.

• 4 months later...

I just received a letter saying they would be applying to the court (didnt' say which one) and there may be a hearing. Then all their documents too..

Should i be scared? this is 6 months after last letter

Northampton - which is on the documents...

BUt no letter *from* the court.

So does this mean they are applying for a judgement?

They have dug out all my old deferral docs.. but of course nothing that I sent from Malta...

Have they sent you any proof that you acknowledged this debt during the 6 years before they issued any court claim ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I just received a letter saying they would be applying to the court (didnt' say which one) and there may be a hearing. Then all their documents too..

Should i be scared? this is 6 months after last letter

So they imply that they are going to make application to lift the stay and proceed...better you post the full contents of their letter verbatim abby to be able to decipher what they intend.

Andy

I think all the correspondence which refers to my deferring?

Do as Andy asks. The question is whether the documents sent disprove your defence.

I can't remember whether you were arguing whether it was statute barred or that you always deferred the loan due to low income and having reached 50, it was no longer repayable.

'would be'. if they have actually made a formal application to the court, then you wld soon get notice of it from the court.

lets see what your letter says