EE default/Moorcroft badly handled - **WON everything removed**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Make a long story short:

Jan 2014: T-Mobile couldn't provide a usable mobile service due to an ongoing technical fault which lasted 6 months. Let me out of contract early (about 6 months remaining).

(Irrelevant why, but) I accepted a handset upgrade for £59.99 which I promptly returned without argument. When I received the credit card bill, there was the charge for £59.99 (handset) and an additional charge of £65.39

Spoke to customer services - they could not explain the charge and they told me that both amounts would be refunded within a few days.

Don't get the refund, then eventually (after about five weeks) just contact the CC company to reverse the charges. I had spoken to EE customer service innumerable times before doing this. Nobody has ever been able to explain the £65.39 charge - even up until now.

Over the subsequent several months, Moorcroft get involved. I phone them and tell them the whole story. They tell me that they'll speak to their client (EE). Wait about a month or so and I get a letter from Moorcroft just demanding the £125.38 amount again.

Finally get so pi**ed off with it, I write to them in January 2015 outlining everything that happened, and what everybody has said, including time and dates I had previously spoken to EE and Moorcroft. I told them in the letter that if I do not get a response regarding the unexplained charges, I will ignore their letters unitl I do. Get a standard response saying that they will speak to their client.

Nothing happens until May 2015, just get another letter with the same demand. Ignore it. Get a further two letters in July which I also ignore. Now to what's happened as of now:

Email complaints at EE explaining the situation. They still cannot explain the charge. I now appears after some explaination that I did get a refund into my bank from EE but it took them so long that, in order, I did the chargeback, they refunded, then the CC company took about 4 weeks after the request to actually get the money off of them.

I have asked them time and again - both Moorcroft and EE - to account for the charges. I have also told them that if a debt exists that I owe, I will pay it.

So in the last week I've been looking at my credit report as I failed to get a loan, and everything is green except a default notice every month since the middle of 2014 by EE.

I've been back and to via email with EE this week getting nowhere, so I just decide to offer them the £125.38 (which there a chance that it is owed), but they refuse because the debt is with a DCA (Moorcroft).

I have already asked them and they told me that the debt has not been sold to Moorcroft, they are just (attempting) to collect it. I've just told them that we are in this situation because Moorcroft did not act in January 2015, and so I refuse to deal with them.

So the bottom line is that EE have not sold the debt to Moorcroft. I refuse to deal with Moorcroft. I have offered to pay EE the total amount to stop my (was perfect) credit score being wrecked. Looks like they are refusing to accept my money!

What can I do? I don't want to be awkward about it, but I really don't want to give Moorcroft any satisfaction of being able to settle the debt because if it wasn't for them, this could have been sorted several months ago, and my credit rating would now probably be quite good again.

So your crà file is already trashed?

Paying it won't improves that sadly

Ceo complaint time me thinks....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, already trashed. But paying it now should stop another default going on there next month, and the next etc.

EE have recently sent me a copy of the invoices, which are sporadically dated. Shouldn't I have expected an invoice with the outstanding amount every month, if they're going to file a default every month? I've also asked them to demonstrate when and how the default notice was issued, because I don't ever recall seeing one.

Part of the problem is that EE have told me (I asked) if they had sold the debt to Moorcroft and they said no. Which means that the alleged debt is still with EE, I do not have any legal contract with Moorcroft, but EE will not accept the payment!

It's a mobile account

They don't have to issue a dn

It's not covered by the CCA.

If there's a defaulted date in the debt summary

Doesn't matter what you or they do

That's there for 6yrs regardless

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's a mobile account

They don't have to issue a dn

It's not covered by the CCA.

If there's a defaulted date in the debt summary

Doesn't matter what you or they do

That's there for 6yrs regardless

Dx

But if I pay it now, surely my credit rating will start to improve monthly? I still don't know what to do about EE not accepting my money.

Won't make any diff if its defaulted sadly

Dx

and they

Thank you Dx. So there's probably no point in paying it? I'm not on the electoral role either but have now registered. Hopefully that will have a positive influence, I don't know how much weight it carries though.

A big one

Prob second inline to a ccj

The default is sadly there and will kill credit for 6yrs

I would be writing with a brief resume to the ceo of ee

And get the default removed

You should not have it on your file

Dx

and they

I'm curious about the fact that it is a mobile contract is not classed as a CCA.

It's a monthly purchase for the phone over a two year term, so presumably that's a credit agreement,

as the company have given me credit in terms of the loan to give me the handset up-front?

nope read it properly its not credit

they give you the phone free.

and they

Always good to update and be able to provide a positive outcome. Got an email from EE saying that they have instructed Moorcroft to close my records, they have set any outstanding balance - currently around £140 to zero, and requested that my credit file be amended to show 'no late payments'. Good result!

hey great result that 2 this week with EE

dx

and they