Jump to content

Council house improvements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi all i hope im posting in the correct place. just wanted to share and get advice.



My parents live in a council house and have been having work done by a company called keepmoat.

The work is now sort of completed(according to them).



My mom has copd and is on oxygen and also has fibromyalgia and my dad has parkinsons and dementia.

The issue is they were left for 24 days without shower and kitchen facilities

and when they finally installed shower they didnt seal it so they have a leak going down into kitchen which has been ongoing for 6 weeks.



They have broke my parents bed, mirror, wall unit and damaged their wooden flooring.

Their downstairs toilet was not plumbed in and my mother relies on this alot as she has IBS.

They were prmoised on 6 occasions that this would be plumbed back in and nothing was done.



my mother had a really bad flare up and and as she uses a stair lift she couldnt get upstairs in time to get to the toilet

and had an accident and i have never seen my mother so embarrased or uncosolable it really broke my heart.



She spent her 65th birthday in bed crying.

they have plug sockets that dont work because the electricians didnt run wires to them,

there is holes in the kitchen ceiling, cracks in walls and ceilings and they put the wrong floor protection on the floor in the kitchen

which i slipped on and damaged muscles in my back.



I have been phoning them multiple times a daily and also contacted local mp

and am getting nowhere.Im really at the end of my tether and am considering going to the newspapers.

But just wanted adivce on whether people think this is the right way to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites



What you need to do is follow their complaint procedure and put everything in writing, keep copies, ensure to get free proof of posting from post office.


Is this major renovation works (are other properties involved)?


Before the works commenced were the council aware of the medical issues?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its work being completed under the Welsh Housing Quality Standard scheme. Most council houses are having the work done. The works include full rewiring, new central heating system, and new bathroom and kitchen. Both the council and the company they contracted were made fully aware of all medical issues before works began.

Link to post
Share on other sites


your post is shocking and i hope that these problems get resolved for you ASAP!


if I were in your position, I would ask the Doctor for a letter stating the conditions of copd, ibs and fibromyalgia for your mother, pointing out the fact that fibromyalgia causes widespread pain and this condition can become worse with stress. Also for your father. (the doc may charge for the letter).


Copy the docs letter with a complaint, roughly what you explained above, send it to as many people as you can, the contractors, landlord, local council, MP, - whilst keeping a receipt (either through email, or recorded/registered post).


Take photos of the house, the damage, document it. This may help your family claim compensation at a later date maybe?


You say you contacted your MP, what has been their response? Has there been correspondence between you, or have you just sent emails? Emails may be overlooked...


If you or your mother have not already done so, contact British lung foundation. I recommend them 100000000%. They provide healthcare advice as well as welfare advice and specialist benefit advice.



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Keepmote merged with Apollo and are billionaires contractors according to insidehousing. Council use them and they have terrorised most residents, especially vulnerable people, Council policy to do this in London. Took 16 months for council to change bathroom to shower room left without toilet for weeks and no bath for over 16months.'nighmare of nightmares'.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...