• Tweets

• What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help. My partner is in 4 weeks arrears of £200 due to losing tax credits. he has offered to pay extra on top of what he normally pays but they won't accept his offer and its putting us in more debt due to their charges on top. hes worried sick and suffers from health problems and is awaiting on his medical for him to stay on his ESA and this is making his health worse as we can't make that £200 up on top of the £53 he already pays per week. then we have other bills.

We don't have their insurance as have our own but they're now threatening to come into our home and tell the neighbours about us not paying and they want to take our goods which we've been paying on for over a year and some 2 year and we can't do without the washing machine. I don't want to lose our things.we just want to arrange to pay a bit of arrears back on top of the weekly payment even if it does leave us without.

they're now threatening to come into our home and tell the neighbours about us not paying and they want to take our goods which we've been paying on for over a year and some 2 years.

How are you communicating with them?

If it is over the phone then STOP.

If they ring tell them to put everything in writing and hang up.

What you have described there is BLACKMAIL, and whoever told you they would inform your neighbours needs to be sacked,

make a very loud formal complaint to the CEO regarding this parasitic outfit, [email protected] and follow up your complaint in writing too,

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=b-9248

Inform him that you are mindful of taking your story to the press in order his employee is not only sacked, but is dealt with by the courts for blackmail, which falls under the theft act.

http://e-lawresources.co.uk/Blackmail.php

The fact they will not allow your offer is indicative of just how loathsome this outfit is, deliberately pushing you into more debt.

I'd also be mindful of making a formal complaint to the FCA too.

BH cannot just rock up and take back anything, they would need to get past your front door for a start!

I'm pleased you don't have their pointless insurance either, that's a saving grace right there, well done!

Edited by Bazooka Boo
Typo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

And remembered any doorstepper ls not a bailliff

They have no such legal powers whatsoever

And they most certainly cannot repo any goods as you have paid more than a third

So court order time only

But anyway even under a third

They have no right of entry

Nor ever can take goods without your permission

Their late fees are also unlawful and unenforceable

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Beth

Welcome back to CAG and sorry to see that youve had these issues.

DX and BB are completely right. !st off, reclaim those insurances, they will wipe the arrears out and give you more money. Thats if you have any of them. Are you sure that you havent been forced to have their 5 star service?

Also don't forget that there arrears fee are not lawful and cant be enforced.

If a doorstep person turns up, there isnt much they can do unless they do have that court order and from what it sounds like and knowing Brighthouse's agreement lenght, I would say you have definitely paid over a 1/3 for your items.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you all for the advice

myself and especially my partner don't want it ending up in court and we get our goods taken from us after all the money he has paid over.

we do have the five star service but that is compulsory and they tell you that it cannot be removed.

insurance/dlc can be which we don't have anyway but the five star package you have to keep or customer is not allowed to take product.

We don't want our goods taken by the courts and that is why we offered a small amount extra each week

along with the £53 he pays but we can't make £200 up straight

they won't accept it and want the whole £200 plus charges.

we are so scared that they get to take our things and its taking its toll on my partners health.

he is a 61 yr old man with health problems to begin with and we sure don't want our neighbours being told out personal finances.

I'm in tears writing this as we don't know what to do.

wish we had never got involved with this shop.

they don't do court - never seen it here once

and they cant take your goods without one

nor inform neighbours.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they don't do court - never seen it here once

and they cant take your goods without one

nor inform neighbours.

dx

That came to my mind too, Exactly that, Ive never seen them do Court, YOU ARE SAFE!

Priority Debts first, Non Priority later and then feed the scraps to Brighthouse...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you all so much. has stopped us worrying a little knowing they don't do court as we don't want our stuff being took from us after paying on some for 2 year. I just wish they would allow us to pay the £53 and a little extra from the £200 arrears but they just won't have it.

Dreading them banging on our door though and hope they don't do as they say they will and inform our neighbours.

I suspect Brighthouse will respond to the thread directly.

Let them contact you, See what happens.

If someone turns up, let them know they are not welcome...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

if they do you get testimony from your neighbours and sue them in court

the FCA/FOS/ICO wil eat them for breakfast

you pay them what you can when you can end of!!

and the 5 star service in NOT compulsory

and can be reclaimed

you are covered free under the SAle of goods act anyway.

and they

Good Morning beth0o0,

I am sorry to hear your partners account has fallen behind with payments due to means out of your control.

When an account unfortunately falls into arrears, our collection process is to contact the customer by phone, and if we are unsuccessful we would make a visit to the property.

BrightHouse offers many options to help customers when an account is in arrears, these include:

1. Pick up and hold – this allows customer to return any goods on a temporary basis.

• No further payments whilst on hold

• Any arrears frozen

• The item will be returned to the customer once their circumstances improve

• No limit on the number of times a customer can take advantage of pick up and hold

• Saves having to start from the beginning of an agreement

2. Downgrade - should a customer experience a more permanent change in their financial circumstances they can downgrade

their item for a less expensive one.

• A more affordable alternative may be one of our quality refurbished items

• A new contract is required which may result in loss of protected goods status

3. Full return – where customers experience a longer term change in their circumstances they can return their product.

• any arrears removed

• zero remaining balance

• a re-start voucher which allows the customer to pick up where they left off with a similar product should they buy again

from us within 12 months

BrightHouse store managers are empowered to work with customers to ensure the right option is selected and offered to the

customer – the above options cannot be guaranteed as they are not suitable for all circumstances.

All these options can be taken advantage of at any time.

As I do not have any account details for your partners account, I am unable to speak with your local store directly to see what we can do to help.

I have logged your post on our complaints system under the reference 219061. Please could you inform the Customer Relations team of the details on the account either by calling 0800 526069 or by email to [email protected]. Please include the reference number so we can add the details to the correct complaint and have it looked into accordingly.

Many thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Told you they would come... I think Jason has a good point about the full return if you wanted to VT the items in question but as youve paid quite a bit... :) I wouldnt.

However, Jason, Could I ask why CR at BH doesn't have the power to step in and take FULL CONTROL of the situation?

We've heard and seen exactly what some of the staff do to get their arrears removed or recover the items.

Anyway Im not going to grill you. I may also need to talk to you directly about something. It appears I have Brighthouse on My consumer Credit profile and I want it removed.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Beth as you have already been subject to BH's criminal employer and their blackmail, DO NOT contact these by phone EVER!

Keep everything in writing/email so you have a paper trail of evidence should you wish to take legal action against them.

The 'options' they provide are patronising to sat the least! ''Pick up and hold''????

As has already been said, ANYONE who turns up on YOUR property unannounced can be given short shrift and told to

remove themselves before you call the police.

And 'IF' BH send one of their clowns round, then you are under absolutely NO legal requirement to discuss anything with them, again

keep everything in writing, whatever they wish to say can be committed in writing, I'd like to see them threaten telling your neighbours in

writing!

I'd be welcoming them banging on my door, I'd make them you tube stars for a day.

Don't forget, that this is YOUR home, YOU have every right to feel comfortable and protected in YOUR own home.

DON'T let some tin pot company who's only aim is to make a profit out of other peoples misery and circumstances make you

feel the slightest bit threatened or intimidated in YOUR own home.

YOU choose who YOU wish to invite into YOUR own home, THEY don't and cannot dictate to YOU anything.

You have made a very generous offer, they have refused, and they have threatened to blackmail you to boot, a clear cut criminal offence

for which that particular employee should be sacked, and the press & media should go to town on, again!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Good afternoon beth0o0,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Just touching on my previous post, the Customer Relations team have yet to receive any communication from you regarding your partners account.

I would like to advise, as each customers' circumstances are different and to provide assistance with your partners account, as previously requested I would need the details to be able to look into the options available. I would like to reiterate that we have many options available that can help bring the account back up to date in addition to what I previously mentioned.

I kindly request you contact the Customer Relations team on 0800 526069 or email [email protected] and quote the reference number 219061 so we can look into the account and find a suitable resolution.

Many thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Hi fkofilee,

Thank you for your comment.

I am quite keen to help you and I kindly request you contact the Customer Relations team and quote the reference number 219851.

I would need some more information in order to look into your enquiry.

Many Thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Please don't ring them Beth, email them so you have a record and evidence of what has been said.

Just a quick update. Today one of the BrightHouse staff came knocking asking my husband when he will be paying his £53 plus £200 we are in arrears with and charges. he said he'll be into store tomorrow but can only pay the £53. his other 3 items he paid monthly on but since we've lost the tax credits and are awaiting on an appeal for his dla we can't pay full amount and are going to offer to pay £100 per month on those other 3 items plus pay the weekly £53 we pay. They're are going to hit the roof no doubt when he only pays £53 tomorrow. we won't be giving the stuff back as we've paid a lot out and a couple finish in a few weeks. be glad to pay every penny back and be done with.

Also how do I go about getting charges and insurance back as at one time we had all that before we got our own insurance as I'd like to try.

It's absolutely criminal how these parasites feed off the vulnerable in our society, I feel for you I really do, if I could have a magic wand and

make it better for you I would......:grouphug:

Let them hit the roof, there is absolutely sweet fa they can do.

If you know the exact amount of charges and how much their pointless insurance cost then you could first start by asking them

for it to be refunded, no harm in asking, all they will say is no, then you can start turning the thumb screws.

Just a quick update. Today one of the BrightHouse staff came knocking asking my husband when he will be paying his £53 plus £200 we are in arrears with and charges. he said he'll be into store tomorrow but can only pay the £53. his other 3 items he paid monthly on but since we've lost the tax credits and are awaiting on an appeal for his dla we can't pay full amount and are going to offer to pay £100 per month on those other 3 items plus pay the weekly £53 we pay. They're are going to hit the roof no doubt when he only pays £53 tomorrow. we won't be giving the stuff back as we've paid a lot out and a couple finish in a few weeks. be glad to pay every penny back and be done with.

Also how do I go about getting charges and insurance back as at one time we had all that before we got our own insurance as I'd like to try.

Hi beth0o0

Don't waste your time by going to them tomorrow with the offer as they will not take it, as this is what i did when i fell behind, and they would not take it, they wanted the full arrears paid at the same time, send them SAR for all the paper work they have on you, and then start claiming the charges and the insurance back of them, as there is no law that says you have to have the insurance, and they are breaking FCA Rules by making Customers take it out.

Take a look at this, by right BH should take part payments

HIRE-PURCHASE ACT 1967

As at 30 July 2012

Appropriation of payments made in hire-purchase agreements

10. A hirer who is liable to make payments in respect of two or more

hire-purchase agreements to the same owner shall, notwithstanding

any agreement to the contrary, be entitled, on making any payment in

respect of the agreements which is not sufficient to discharge the total

amount then due under all the agreements, to require the owner to

appropriate the sum so paid by him in or towards the satisfaction of

the sum due under anyone of the agreements, or in or towards the

satisfaction of the sums due under any two or more of the agreements

in such proportions as he thinks fit, and, if he fails to make any such

appropriation as aforesaid, the payment shall by virtue of this section

be appropriated towards the satisfaction of the sums due under the

respective hire-purchase agreements in the order in which the

agreements were entered into.

Sorry its took me a while to reply but my husband spent a few days in hospital with a suspected heartattack which turned out to be stress related and sky high blood pressure so just an update on what is happening.

I've sent letters and emails to CEO the FCA to complain. two weekends now including this morning they sent a member of the staff to my door from the shop asking if my partner was coming in to pay. he told them he will be paying the £53 but couldn't pay for the monthly items as we are struggling to pay or bring them up to date and offered £30 per month on the monthly plus the normal weekly payment for the other stuff. they have refused a lower payment offer again and want it brought up to date.

I think now its going to get worse and more home visits.

You need to report them again and make a formal complaint about them coming to your home. If they continue to come when you have told them not to, then you have a basis for harassment and intimidation

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

two weekends now including this morning they sent a member of the staff to my door from the shop asking if my partner was coming in to pay.

This is YOUR home, YOU decide who you talk to on your own doorstep, tell them in no uncertain terms that they need to clear off YOUR property or you will have them removed by the police, then shut the door.

If they remain, call the police and report that you have someone on your property who won't leave when told to do so, and you believe they will cause a breach of the peace.

Instruct this parasitic outfit, in writing, that if they continue this method of harassment, you WILL seek legal recourse regarding their actions.

Keep a diary of events with regard to their criminal harassment with a view of taking legal action against them.

Just because they're dumb enough to refuse your generous offer of payment doesn't mean they're not greedy enough to take it.

If you can get their bank details then pay them like that, and if you have to go into their premises then DON'T get into any discussion with them about paying the arrears, just pay what you told them you would and leave.

What a truly vile little company, would love to see them go to the wall.