You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• i point you to two threads whereby you'll see an explanation by andy (post 22 here) https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/410486-lowell-interim-charging-order-from-credit-card-debt-2009/?tab=comments#comment-4912902   and   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406428-remortgage-issue/   if yours says:    written notice of the disposition was given to XX Council ( - disposition = sold vis: disposed of) ..... notice means letter telling them it's been sold -    doesn't say it must be paid or settled BEFORE disposition..   that's the way i read it.          
    • dx100uk   You are absolutely correct. That's exactly what the wording is! And if that's the case then - happy days for me! However, I thought that:   1. This wording meant the conveyancing solicitor had to tell the council that the house was about to be sold so they were aware!   But you are saying that the council only needs to be informed AFTER the house has been sold? Can I tell the council that? [I think I've seen something on the internet that says I can, rather than the CS] Or do I need the conveyancing solicitor to contact the council?   2. That this wording wasn't a restriction K [as I'd looked at Schedule 4 of the Standard Forms of Restriction] and tried to match my wording to those listed - and thought restriction K was the closest.     3. That this was a non-standard restriction [and that's what the Land Registry told me too and that the restriction was not a Restriction K!!! [see extract below]   Please remember that when applying for a restriction not in standard form:   it must always contain the words ‘is to be completed by  registration’ rather than ‘is to be registered’. This will serve to make the effect of the restriction clear. The term ‘registered’, where used in any of the standard form restrictions, means the completion of a registrable disposition by complying with the relevant registration requirements prescribed in Schedule 2 to the Land Registration Act 2002 (rule 91(3) of the Land Registration Rules 2003), but this statutory definition only applies to standard form restrictions. Please note that we will not accept restrictions not in standard form for registration that contain the words ‘is to be registered’   So I'm confused now. IF it is a restriction K - then the conveyancing solicitor doesn't have to do anything and I can let the council know.   It seems it is dependent on the wording 'completed by registration' and 'is to be registered'???   Below is copied from Martin's MSE.   This relies again on the 'is to be registered' whereas my wording is ' completed by registration' which you say is restriction K and LR says is not.   I need to go to sleep now!   Thanks dx.   Extract from MSE below.   If your property is jointly owned a creditor will not be able to obtain a CO against you, they can only get what is called a restriction. The laws on Restrictions are totally different to Orders, the most important being there is NO OBLIGATION for you to pay any of the proceeds of the sale to the creditor. However, during the whole court process you go through the reference from all parties (especially the creditor) will be to charging order and NOT to restriction. This is done in order to deceive you believing you are stuck with a CO. However, not all solicitors are aware of the law in this regard and it is important that you raise this point with them in the first instance before proceeding with them Quote: Restriction The restriction which can be entered on the register where a charging order is made against one of joint proprietors is in the following form :- No disposition of the registered estate is to be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to [name of person with the benefit of the charging order] at [address for service], being the person with the benefit of /I]an interim[I/I]a final[I charging order on the beneficial interest of (name of judgment debtor) made by the (name of court) on (date) (Court reference.…).        
    • Hi Tony,   Please ensure YF does NOT acknowledge any debt  when confirming their new address.   They should simply state, " Please note my new address, as shown above."   Do not say anything about "a debt owed", or "the money you are chasing."   Do nothing that resets the SB Clock - ie acknowledging the debt and causing probs for the next 6 years. 
    • you ring you bank    
    • i suspect the charge on the Land registry site against the house reads:   2. (XX.XX.2007) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate is to be completed by registration without a certificate signed by the applicant or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to XX Council at P.O. Box XX, STREET, TOWN, POSTCODE, being the person with the benefit of a Charge under Section 22 of the Health and Social Services and Social Security Adjudications Act 1983.   ..............   that is a restriction k and is useless to the council, as all 'legally' your have to do is inform them AFTER the house has been sold . then it's too late money has gone.   dx
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Aaron8219

Parking Eye Charge Morrisons Car park Islington

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1788 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone, I wondered if you could help me.

Is there anything I can do about this? It is due to be paid today to get the discount to £60, although is wasn't even issued until almost a month after the car was parked there!

The driver of the vehicle was dropping off an M+S employee, the store is located in the same precinct as Morrisons, and the driver waited in the car (worked from it) until leaving later. No written confirmation of M+S giving authorisation to park there is available.

Am I right in thinking these are not enforceable?

Many Thanks

Hi Everyone, I wondered if you could help me.

Is there anything I can do about this? It is due to be paid today to get the discount to £60, although is wasn't even issued until almost a month after the car was parked there!

The driver of the vehicle was dropping off an M+S employee, the store is located in the same precinct as Morrisons, and the driver waited in the car (worked from it) until leaving later. No written confirmation of M+S giving authorisation to park there is available.

Am I right in thinking these are not enforceable?

Many Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58659[/ATTACH]

That is the reminder letter. You should have received a NTK before this?

But looking at the dates;

Date of event - 17/6/2015

Date of issue - 11/7/2015

Date of reminder - 20/7/2015

Then they seem to have messed up big time!

There is no keeper liability as Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012 has not been followed.

A simple appeal stating that as RK you are not liable for the charge and will not be naming the driver will do.

Tell them to address all further correspondence to the driver of the vehicle .

Thanks very much for the reply. I have spoken to my company and they will be forwarding the original letter to me asap.

Could I ask where you think they have made an error? Is it because the date of the parking is 17/06/2015, and the charge only given on 11/07/2015? Do they have 14 days or something?

I wondered if I could be cheeky and ask if there is a template letter I can use so I can get the working exactly right.

I wonder if there is any other input? I'm worried that I need to pay it today if I can't appeal.

You do not need to pay this. You can appeal to ParkingEye on any grounds you like, even saying the car was on the moon at the time will do, as they will refuse your appeal. You then appeal to POPLA properly.

Have a read of other ParkingEye threads before paying something that you don't need to.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thanks very much reallymadwoman,

As much as I admire your confidence, I'm afraid I don't have it myself and not sure what to do. I apologise for needing to be spoon fed here but is my first course of action to tell my company to identify the driver to them? Or refuse to? Ignore it?

If they subsequently write to the driver, what do I appeal with?

I see that I can appeal directly on the parking eye website, but it asks me to identify myself. Should I write that I am the driver or that I am 'none of the above'?

Edited by Aaron8219

Hello there.

Please don't tell them who the driver was unless the guys here say it's a good idea. It could get you into trouble. The guys should be along later. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks Honeybee,

I think I will appeal on their own website then and not tell them who the driver is at this point, if at all, pending further advice from here.

Something along the lines of the below?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in regards to your parking charge notice ref number XXXXXXXX. I wish to appeal on the basis that I do not believe the car in question was parked in the car park for the amount of time stated on your paperwork.

The car was driven in at the time given, but was driven out and re visited the site numerous times during the day, and not on one occasion, for more than two hours.

Please check your records accordingly.

Yours

My Company Name

(I won't send this until I get the go ahead!)

Actually, before I send that, should I be appealing on the basis that the 'event' happened on the 17/06/2015, but the ticket wasn't issued until 11/07/2015? Do they only have 14 days to issue?

I have received the first letter now from my company;

I notice they are referring to different acts, are any of these being broken by the fact they didn't issue the ticket within 14 days?

You keep refering to your company. Is your company the Registered Keeper?

VW Finance are the registered keeper, the company I work for are the lessee.

VW Finance are the registered keeper, the company I work for are the lessee.

So VW Finance have received the initial NTK? And they have given your company name to PE as the keeper of the vehicle?

Your company name is on the parking charge notice that you have posted up?

It would be helpful if you could convert your images to PDF so we can read them easily. ( Redacted of personal info of course. )

So VW Finance have received the initial NTK? And they have given your company name to PE as the keeper of the vehicle?

Your company name is on the parking charge notice that you have posted up?

It would be helpful if you could convert your images to PDF so we can read them easily. ( Redacted of personal info of course. )

Yes you're absolutely correct. VW Finance received the parking charge, and it was then sent to the company I work for. The company I work for is named on the letter.

I'm afraid I don't have a PDF editor, only the PDF reader. Unless there is some other way of doing it?

I have zoomed in and grabbed the text from the original PDF. Is this any better?

see post 1

I can read it, Aaron. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Do not appeal tonight.

The ' discount ' period is meaningless when you are not paying any money anyway...

You seem to be on 'good terms' with your company about this so there is no immediate rush. It is Saturday night and quite oiled now.....

The POFA has different procedures to follow for hire vehicles such as;

14(1)If—

(a)the creditor is by virtue of paragraph 13(2) unable to exercise the right to recover from the keeper any unpaid parking charges mentioned in the notice to keeper, and

(b)the conditions mentioned in sub-paragraph (2) below are met,

the creditor may recover those charges (so far as they remain unpaid) from the hirer.

(2)The conditions are that—

(a)the creditor has within the relevant period given the hirer a notice in accordance with sub-paragraph (5) (a “notice to hirer”), together with a copy of the documents mentioned in paragraph 13(2) and the notice to keeper;

Your company has been sent all the correct information?

Paragraph 13 is the relevant passage to check if the timings are correct.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted

Until tomorrow...

Thanks armadillo, much appreciated.

for want of clarity

I've sorted the scans to post 1 now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi Everyone,

Would appealing with the below suffice?

ParkingEye;

Reference: Regitration XX00 XXX

Amount £XX.XX

we have received your invoice.

The driver has a legitimate expectation of privacy

We will not therefore provide information about the individual in the absence of a letter signed by a senior company officer that will indemnify us for all costs resulting from the release of this information, including any legal advice that we will seek in advance

Your alternative is to apply for the disclosure under Section 31.17 of the Civil Procedure Rules

Company Name that received the Incoice.

Just sent the above appeal, will update here with Parking Eye's response.

Thanks for all help so far.

Hi Everyone,

Would appealing with the below suffice?

ParkingEye;

Reference: Regitration XX00 XXX

Amount £XX.XX

we have received your invoice.

The driver has a legitimate expectation of privacy

We will not therefore provide information about the individual in the absence of a letter signed by a senior company officer that will indemnify us for all costs resulting from the release of this information, including any legal advice that we will seek in advance

Your alternative is to apply for the disclosure under Section 31.17 of the Civil Procedure Rules

Company Name that received the Incoice.

Well it's a different first appeal.

It's good to see a company backing an employee up, fighting these [ problem ] PPCs.

The response could be interesting but will probably just be a rejection with POPLA code.

Did you work out if the timings are correct?

Well it's a different first appeal.

It's good to see a company backing an employee up, fighting these [ problem ] PPCs.

The response could be interesting but will probably just be a rejection with POPLA code

Did you work out if the timings are correct?

Hi.

No reply from them yet. We'll see what happens.

And yes, dates are all correct. Did they issue ticket too late?

Hi Everyone, I have now received a response from Parking Eye.

I have attached the letter, with parts removed for confidentiality.

Just a couple of points to clarify though;

Parking Eye Response (Paragraph 3) - "You have stated that you were not the driver of the vehicle at the date of time of the breach of the terms and conditions of the car park" - We didn't, we just said the driver has a legitimate expectation of privacy.

Parking Eye Response (Paragraph 5) - "We have the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you, the registered keeper." - My company is not the registered keeper, the finance company is, my company is only the lessee.

What do you suggest is a suitable response now?

Many Thanks for your help.

no need to do anything

its the popla code you want

and they are going to give it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

your company has been identified by the lease company as the "driver" so they should pursue the directors of the company as they have vicarious liability. So, it begs the question as to how they are addressing you?